Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria (19369 Views)

Your Task Is To Spoil A Job Interview In The First 30 Seconds What Will You Do / Profile Of Hiny Umoren Who Went Missing During A Job Interview In Akwa Ibom / Lady Goes Missing During Job Interview In Akwa Ibom (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by chatinent: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
There exists some criteria you are expected to meet while undergoing a teaching interview in Nigeria. Some things you don't notice are put into accounts. Here are some dos and donts.
1. Dress code. This is really important. You should dress corporate. Thou who sag their pair of trousers, boobs saggers, to you I speak. Leave the you-lifestyle behind, appear formal.

2. Manner of approach. Do you know how to do the 'sir-ma' thing? Try as much as possible to address your every sentence affixed with a 'sir' or 'ma.' Use the modal auxiliary 'may' in asking questions; 'may I ask few questions, said?'
In conclusion, seem grateful, thank them for their time; 'it's been great discussing with you ma, do have a lovely day.'
3. Collocation, rules of concord, and misuse of tenses. If you are having problems with any of these, do read, read, and read again. You may also want to read our article on twenty wrong expressions misused and twenty-eight collocations misused by Nigerians. Use your tenses well. Don't try to be grandiloquent (without a job?). Thirdly, the rules of concord!
- A singular subject, a singular verb; a plural subject, a plural verb.
- Indefinite pronouns take singular verbs.
- Rules of proximity or likeness.
- Collective concord.

These rules are first and all other rules are below. Study them, so you don't use 'they doesn't know me.'
4. Are you listening? Just do much of the listening even if you are talkative. Answer only when you are asked questions.
5. You must knock at the door. Don't just barge in. Is this your house? sad
6. Don't sit until you are asked to. This is a formal procedure you must observe.
7. Be moderate. While asked if you have teaching experience before, don't lie. Yes, don't lie. If you do, surely you must be asked why you left or your reasons for no longer working there, instead of criticizing the latter school, place your view on positivity. Tell them how you would love to explore your taste for education and stop always self-proclaiming yourself erudite. Your nativity is important. Don't think a lie, be real, tell where you originate from, your real age, and present your CV (be it oral or written).
8. Be creative. May I know you please? 'My name is (not my names are) Richie Jay, I'm from dash-dash local government area of Abia State, I am the dash--dash issue of my parent. I fluent the English, Igbo and Yoruba Language. I am a Christian. I acquired a higher national diploma and rank of a dash-dash as a military personnel at the Nigerian Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Study (NAITES), Markurdi, of which, I obtained...and am looking forward to being one of the members of the staff in school, sir. '
9. You are expected to write a formal letter. The supposed submitted formal letters these days are news papers. You can imagine! smiley I was proof-reading one 'application for the position of a sale's boy' letter and saw sth like 'I am an o'level student with big results and i shall want to work in your company to show you my talent.' Abeg, talent kwa? What is this mbok? sad

So, dear applicant, it's all about your creativity, remember, no matter how the eyes see, it can't see the ears - Richie.
Origin. http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?showtopic=483
Cc: CrazyMan, 1forall, lalasticlala

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by chatinent: 7:25am On Oct 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by veekid(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Teachers that are underated

3 Likes

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by DanielsParker(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Applies to all interviews, not just teaching alone. these stuffs above are the general interviews ethics

7 Likes

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by fakoo1: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2017
Teaching job remains the best job anyone could apply for in this country. I am proud to be a Teacher

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by MhizzAJ(f): 8:09am On Oct 14, 2017
Teaching job is a good one
It just depends on d school

6 Likes

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2017
And finally, just be yourself!

1 Like

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:20am On Oct 14, 2017
It baffles me how this made fp
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Zickyman(m): 8:20am On Oct 14, 2017
DanielsParker:
Applies to all interviews, not just teaching alone. these stuffs above are the general interviews ethics

thanks so much
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by shadrach77: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2017
Is teaching job that difficult to get ?
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by mployer(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2017
Lol.

I was once a teacher. These are the exact rules that matter

1. Submit a handwritten application letter. Teachers are first judged by handwriting
2. Learn how to write lesson plan. Infact research on the particular format the school uses
3. Prepare for micro-teaching. Read every topic of the subject of your interest, but if are asked to choose, please choose a topic that is very easy to communicate.
4. Prepare for a written test in the subject of your interest
5. Dress well..
6. Work on your communication skills, it is very essential

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by derahhh(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2017
Had a teaching job interview yesterday.I was given WAEC theory questions for 2016 to solve all.(10 questions in all)
Please is this normal?
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by dierich: 8:28am On Oct 14, 2017
I love teaching job but how can someone ride Bugatti with teaching job, or build an estate with it..
they earn little while building up the future billionaires..

7 Likes

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by mployer(m): 8:32am On Oct 14, 2017
derahhh:
Had a teaching job interview yesterday.I was given WAEC theory questions for 2016 to solve all.(10 questions in all)
Please is this normal?

It is very normal bro. They are testing your knowledge of subject matter, which is very crucial in hiring a teacher.

1 Like

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Rayfield: 8:35am On Oct 14, 2017
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Chigorkizz(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2017
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Nnamdiojukwu: 8:56am On Oct 14, 2017
dierich:
I love teaching job but how can someone ride Bugatti with teaching job, or build an estate with it..
Build your own school.

3 Likes

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by chatinent: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2017
fakoo1:
Teaching job remains the best job anyone could apply for in this country. I am proud to be a Teacher
that's true, I explored teaching too; lesson plan, lesson note blah blah.
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by optional1(f): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2017
dierich:

start yahoo plus then...

Teachers rewards are not on this Earth but in Heaven.
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by sekzy99(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2017
chatinent:
There exists some criteria you are expected to meet while undergoing a teaching interview in Nigeria. Some things you don't notice are put into accounts. Here are some dos and donts.
1. Dress code. This is really important. You should dress corporate. Thou who sag their pair of trousers, boobs saggers, to you I speak. Leave the you-lifestyle behind, appear formal.

2. Manner of approach. Do you know how to do the 'sir-ma' thing? Try as much as possible to address your every sentence affixed with a 'sir' or 'ma.' Use the modal auxiliary 'may' in asking questions; 'may I ask few questions, said?'
In conclusion, seem grateful, thank them for their time; 'it's been great discussing with you ma, do have a lovely day.'
3. Collocation, rules of concord, and misuse of tenses. If you are having problems with any of these, do read, read, and read again. You may also want to read our article on twenty wrong expressions misused and twenty-eight collocations misused by Nigerians. Use your tenses well. Don't try to be grandiloquent (without a job?). Thirdly, the rules of concord!
- A singular subject, a singular verb; a plural subject, a plural verb.
- Indefinite pronouns take singular verbs.
- Rules of proximity or likeness.
- Collective concord.

These rules are first and all other rules are below. Study them, so you don't use 'they doesn't know me.'
4. Are you listening? Just do much of the listening even if you are talkative. Answer only when you are asked questions.
5. You must knock at the door. Don't just barge in. Is this your house? sad
6. Don't sit until you are asked to. This is a formal procedure you must observe.
7. Be moderate. While asked if you have teaching experience before, don't lie. Yes, don't lie. If you do, surely you must be asked why you left or your reasons for no longer working there, instead of criticizing the latter school, place your view on positivity. Tell them how you would love to explore your taste for education and stop always self-proclaiming yourself erudite. Your nativity is important. Don't think a lie, be real, tell where you originate from, your real age, and present your CV (be it oral or written).
8. Be creative. May I know you please? 'My name is (not my names are) Richie Jay, I'm from dash-dash local government area of Abia State, I am the dash--dash issue of my parent. I fluent the English, Igbo and Yoruba Language. I am a Christian. I acquired a higher national diploma and rank of a dash-dash as a military personnel at the Nigerian Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Study (NAITES), Markurdi, of which, I obtained...and am looking forward to being one of the members of the staff in school, sir. '
9. You are expected to write a formal letter. The supposed submitted formal letters these days are news papers. You can imagine! smiley I was proof-reading one 'application for the position of a sale's boy' letter and saw sth like 'I am an o'level student with big results and i shall want to work in your company to show you my talent.' Abeg, talent kwa? What is this mbok? sad

So, dear applicant, it's all about your creativity, remember, no matter how the eyes see, it can't see the ears - Richie.
Origin. http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?showtopic=483

This is not applicable in all cases. Been to interviews with casual wears n native attires. I got the job even though I declined some. If you are good and they want you, they will inform you on their code of dressing when you resume

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by sekzy99(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2017
Let's try to boost our IQ with this. If you are up for d challenge, drop pm to 08023373302 or send your number to Momlilyseyi@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by sunbbo(m): 9:16am On Oct 14, 2017
Good

Apply for FCMB Fresh Graduate & Internship Program (FCMBFlexxtern) 2017

First City Monument Bank Plc (fcmb) is a full service banking group, passionate about growing a world class financial services group focused on value adding strategies and processes through professionalism and excellent operating standards. fcmb fresh graduate & internship program (fcmbflexxtern) 2017 as follows:

Are you a student or a fresh graduate between the ages of 16-25? Smart, ambitious and ready to experience life in the business world? You may just be the #fcmbflexxtern we are looking for!

Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: graduate Intern

Guidelines

To enter The Contest, applicant must be at least 16 years old at the time of entry
Applicants must either be a student or fresh graduate not younger than 16 years or older than 25 years of age at the time of application.
Contestants must be a student or fresh graduate of any of the following courses.
Business administration
Mass communication
Marketing
Economics
Accounting
Information Technology
Computer Science
Fashion
Sociology
Banking & Finance
English
Literary Studies
Engineering

The Contest is not open to employees of First City Monument Bank (“fcmb”) or members of their immediate families.
fcmb’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and binding on all participants.
fcmb does not assume responsibility for accommodation, transportation or logistics at any point during The Contest.
Prizes won during The Contest are not transferable to another person.
The prizes won cannot be exchangeable for cash.
The Contest deadlines including entry submission and voting deadlines are as indicated on different banners and promotional materials.
Vetting of educational credentials will be carried out at any time during the contest. Any contestant discovered to have submitted falsified documents or certificates will be immediately disqualified.
fcmb reserves the right use all creative assets including participant pictures, videos, graphics and other material related to The Contest in promotion of its Flexx product.

Click here to apply online
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Deo1986(m): 9:17am On Oct 14, 2017
How about rules for getting a job in Shell. NLNg, NNPC, Agip, Mobile and other oil firms that pay large? Dont drag us backward with teaching job.

4 Likes

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Drnice: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2017
@OP(Chatinent), you are quick to always proof-read applicant's articles. Yet, you couldn't proof-read yours. Imagine your lines like "..leave the you-lifestyle .." "..talkative." " I fluent the English..." I would love to remind you that when asked the question: Tell us about yourself? Or may I know you, please? Only highlight your Full Name, Grades/Discipline, School of Graduation, your Skills as applied to the job, Position applied. Not to highlight your gender, LGA, etc. These afonjas better learn, that's why they keep envying us(the Biafrans).
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by dierich: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
Build your own school.
na paper u go use build or no be money u go take start

1 Like

Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by dierich: 9:42am On Oct 14, 2017
optional1:

start yahoo plus then...

Teachers rewards are not on this Earth but in Heaven.

come show me d way
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by toocoded: 9:51am On Oct 14, 2017
mployer:
Lol.

I was once a teacher. These are the exact rules that matter

1. Submit a handwritten application letter. Teachers are first judged by handwriting
2. Learn how to write lesson plan. Infact research on the particular format the school uses
3. Prepare for micro-teaching. Read every topic of the subject of your interest, but if are asked to choose, please choose a topic that is very easy to communicate.
4. Prepare for a written test in the subject of your interest
5. Dress well..
6. Work on your communication skills, it is very essential
So on point, not Op's "copy and paste"
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Augustap(f): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2017
derahhh:
Please is this normal?
Laughing in Swahili... Did u get the job? grin
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by toprealman: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2017
Pls OP never you ever use "no 8" approach..... didn't read others. What you stated is the reason may still don't get a call after their interview.
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by toprealman: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2017
Augustap:

Laughing in Swahili... Did u get the job? grin
Bros need prayer obviously not query.
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by Augustap(f): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2017
toprealman:
Bros need prayer obviously not query.
Prayer warrior over to you grin
Re: See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria by bobolizim(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2017
Drnice:
@OP(Chatinent), you are quick to always proof-read applicant's articles. Yet, you couldn't proof-read yours. Imagine your lines like "..leave the you-lifestyle .." "..talkative." " I fluent the English..." I would love to remind you that when asked the question: Tell us about yourself? Or may I know you, please? Only highlight your Full Name, Grades/Discipline, School of Graduation, your Skills as applied to the job, Position applied. Not to highlight your gender, LGA, etc. These afonjas better learn, that's why they keep envying us(the Biafrans).
see this Olodo boy... It's not these afonjas better learn but had better learn. Focus on your own problem first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview / How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria / Vacancies @ Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) - July 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.