Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel (26112 Views)

School Hostel Building Collapses In Numan, Adamawa. One Student Dies / Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel / Items OAU Student Stole From The School Hostel (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by missyQween(f): 8:50am On Oct 14, 2017
Op is so right... Different people with different characters... They can frustrate someone life...
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 14, 2017
ikes9:
I think it depends on your course too,if for example yhu reading medicine I don't think the school hostel would be the best choice..coz you'll need a quiet and serene environment
Some schools have medical hostel to cater for those categories of students
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Abudu2000(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2017
youngvizzy1:
I remember that day I stepped my foot into hall 4 In uniben... gosh!!! I almost vomited, Federal university hostels are just too dirty. no offense
try visiting auchipoly hostel someday and you will hardly believe it's federal... uninterrupted power supply, so neat, no electric cookers allowed so it's always very cool indoors, etc

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 14, 2017
youngvizzy1:
I remember that day I stepped my foot into hall 4 In uniben... gosh!!! I almost vomited, Federal university hostels are just too dirty. no offense
You're absolutely correct probably because it's cheap
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by OlujobaSamuel: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2017
the major reason i never did; sch mgt can send you packing with short notice over anything called crisis
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Eberex(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2017
Which university did you lay your benchmark on? Because if it's Mbanefo hostel UNN, ehn your points never do at all o!

I will list out some of the fun

Is it the early morning cry from nfcs representative "good morning, wake up for the morning rosary " I was once a rep anyway.

Is it banging the veranda rail by boys and hailing tanker! Tanker!!when a female chick is passing in the middle of the field instead of climbing the staircase?

Or reading in your room and you hear "Okpa di okun ". The speed at which you will rush out ehn

Hostel football. Every evening we come down to play on our mini pitch.

The feeling of all hostels in UNN cannot be compared to that of mbanefo hostel.

All great and super lions and lionesses in the house!!! Roaaaar please!

2 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Divay22(f): 9:04am On Oct 14, 2017
I easily get depress when am deprived of my privacy...
Off campus hostel does it for me...
It's was fun but when there is no light it can be annoying...

2 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Hantonia(f): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2017
Eberex:
Which university did you lay your benchmark on? Because if it's Mbanefo hostel UNN, ehn your points never do at all o!

I will list out some of the fun

Is it the early morning cry from nfcs representative "good morning, wake up for the morning rosary " I was once a rep anyway.

Is it banging the veranda rail by boys and hailing tanker! Tanker!!when a female chick is passing in the middle of the field instead of climbing the staircase?

Or reading in your room and you hear "Okpa di okun ". The speed at which you will rush out ehn

Hostel football. Every evening we come down to play on our mini pitch.

The feeling of all hostels in UNN cannot be compared to that of mbanefo hostel.

All great and super lions and lionesses in the house!!! Roaaaar please!

Who Cares!!!

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by NeeKlaus: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2017
youngvizzy1:
Then you didn't enter Hall 3.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by adexoramo(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2017
Nice write up tho... I graduated frm OAU ile-ife 2yrs ago nd I can categorically tell u dat I never for once try to sleep in any of d skul hostel. All my 8yrs in ife I stay off campus, tho I was given an accommodation at fajuyi hall in my part 1 nd Awolowo hall in my final year but I never attempted sleeping in any of d hostel not even a night. The odour u passive in d hostel ehn very disgusting.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Thiamine(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2017
It really pays to live in the school hostel.
The disadvantages listed above are transient,just for the time of study but the merits are life time lessons.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2017
experienced both. Hard to choose
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by bigerboy200: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2017
frustratedrat:
experienced both. Hard to choose
Same here..
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Augustap(f): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2017
Reading for 24 hours straight? Op ur lie eyaff weak me

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by iHarrie(m): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2017
Ahh, how can I forget my day to day adventures with Bedbugs in yabatech...
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by dauddy97(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2017
anybody with the idea of Fuoye hostel. is it good to take as first year student or just go for off campus. pls, help an fuoye aspirant on fuoye hostel life.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Eberex(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2017
Hantonia:
Who Cares!!!

Chill you will soon see those who care. No mind your own business you hear? Polytechnic person
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Hantonia(f): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2017
[quote aauthor=Eberex post=61408878]

Chill you will soon see those who care. No mind your own business you hear? Polytechnic person [/quote] Lol Was Greetin U Am An Nfcser 2
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by ikes9(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Some schools have medical hostel to cater for those categories of students

ohh I didn't know
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Eberex(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2017
Hantonia:
Lol Was Greetin U Am An Nfcser 2

You called that greeting
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Hantonia(f): 10:45am On Oct 14, 2017
Eberex:

You called that greeting
hmm I Tire 4 Ur Matter Cos I Dont Get U
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Eberex(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2017
Hantonia:

Your greeting was "who cares"?
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Eberex(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2017
Hantonia:

Your greeting was "who cares"? That doesn't sound like a greeting
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by anonymousthug(m): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2017
Op. thank you very-much with this info

hostel all the way
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Hantonia(f): 10:53am On Oct 14, 2017
Eberex:

Your greeting was "who cares"?
Were U Nt An Nfcser
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Eberex(m): 11:04am On Oct 14, 2017
Hantonia:
Were U Nt An Nfcser

Oh!!! You should have written "NFCS..... Who cares?

Sorry for the misinterpretation
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Hantonia(f): 11:07am On Oct 14, 2017
Eberex:

Oh!!! You should have written "NFCS..... Who cares?
Sorry for the misinterpretation
Smile NFCS DOES CARES No P
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by Hakeem12(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2017
you guys should come to Awo hall OAU, I nearly cried the first day I resumed there, place was like prison yard. I couldn't sleep the first as squatters slept even on the floor. The heat was unbearable and bedbugs. Most of the things I brought from home was stolen in the first week. But that hostel taught me one crucial thing. [b]you guys should come to Awo hall OAU, I nearly cried the first day I resumed there, place was like prison yard. I couldn't sleep the first as squatters slept even on the floor. The heat was unbearable and bedbugs. Most of the things I brought from home was stolen in the first week. But that hostel taught me one crucial thing. [/b]you guys should come to Awo hall OAU, I nearly cried the first day I resumed there, place was like prison yard. I couldn't sleep the first as squatters slept even on the floor. The heat was unbearable and bedbugs. Most of the things I brought from home was stolen in the first week. But that hostel taught me one crucial thing. Survival.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by esthel(f): 11:24am On Oct 14, 2017
Living in school hostel is fun i swear and as stated up there the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Personally i love having people around me, lets play, have fun and make some crazy moments one wouldnt forget ever, is it Uniben porter and students drama or the war of words between hall 2 and hall 3 boys. I miss Uniben Hostels.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel by mamuzoOMAH(m): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2017
that year sha. I stayed in the hostel from 200l to my final year. had a dual accommodation throughout the years. hostel is fun I swear. right from hall 3 to NDDC hostel in Uniben. the light situation in ugbowo, Benin city is so bad so staying in the hostel was recommended. When I want to spend lone time with bae and others, we go to my off k apartment and chill. The evenings are usually fun in the school hostel. suya, michai, ice cream and all at June 12. Going to hall 2 to scope babes. I remember the day they opened nddc boys section for girls to come in, that has been d best night of my hostel life. Nddc turn slaughter hood. I miss nddc already. Then reading was sure every evening. hostel sweet pass Off k joor. na only kpanshin dey make person rent off k apartment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NASU Strike: University Of Abuja Hostel Looking So Dirty (Photos) / What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? / Bandits Kidnap Students In Kagara, Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.