Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 (2813 Views)

GUYS A Very Very Sharp Registered 2013 Camry<< 2.5m>> Slightly Negotiable / Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by starlionnotch: 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
I experience a slight jerk on my camry 2.4 while in motion, that kind of jerk you experience when there is a change in transmission, especially as experienced in manual vehicles, but not as a result of change in transmission.

It makes my driving experience horrible.
I have changed and adjusted plugs severally, i have changed my fuel pump and filter to a new one, i have changed my engine mount at the top and still problem persists.

My check engine light comes on.

The last time i did a scan, it only showed there was something wrong with the coolant termostat, and my engine does not overheat.

Please i am almost giving up on this car, who has the solution to this problem please?
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by Homeboiy: 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dash me nah

1 Like

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by starlionnotch: 10:18pm On Oct 13, 2017
Homeboiy:
Dash me nah

Will dash you, when i find a solution to my problem.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by Homeboiy: 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
starlionnotch:

Will dash you, when i find a solution to my problem.

Dash me n that's the solution
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by cyborg123(m): 12:37am On Oct 14, 2017
Have you replaced the thermostat? What type of scanner was used to test vehicle?
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:00am On Oct 14, 2017
cyborg123:
Have you replaced the thermostat? What type of scanner was used to test vehicle?

ignorance sometimes can be bliss, I'm sure it's the skeletal obdII generic scanner.

@ op sometimes go the extra mile, gather info from all around and then u will enjoy what life has to offer.

get in touch with a good technician with adequate tools, jerking isn't a big deal when it comes to Toyota, let the tech scan ur vehicle with a more holistic scanner that can read gear codes. u will discover some other faults. engine and gear mounts ok?
confirm if ur thermo has been removed, revert the vehicle to factory specs and enjoy life

2 Likes

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by timifakay(m): 6:45am On Oct 14, 2017
Each time the check light comes on, a car should be scanned before parts are replaced.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by cyborg123(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

ignorance sometimes can be bliss, I'm sure it's the skeletal obdII generic scanner.

@ op sometimes go the extra mile, gather info from all around and then u will enjoy what life has to offer.

get in touch with a good technician with adequate tools, jerking isn't a big deal when it comes to Toyota, let the tech scan ur vehicle with a more holistic scanner that can read gear codes. u will discover some other faults. engine and gear mounts ok?
confirm if ur thermo has been removed, revert the vehicle to factory specs and enjoy life
Apt and concise! Sometimes, people forget those Bluetooth scanners are just for basic faults only.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by starlionnotch: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

Thanks so much, i will go to a better scanner, i used a technician who uses a hand held scanner.
Can i get a good recommendation on a good diagnostic centre in Abuja?
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
starlionnotch:

Thanks so much, i will go to a better scanner, i used a technician who uses a hand held scanner.
cc kingreign
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by kingreign(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
starlionnotch:

[s]contact me on Monday within 9am-4pm working hours.

Diagnosis cost 5,000 naira only. [/s]

Date for subsidized diagnosis elapsed.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by Samjr(m): 12:40am On Oct 15, 2017
I have that problem currnetly but when I want to diagnosis the vehicle I was told to change a wire connected to the exhaust both up and down and that's all as for the check engine it will keep showing only if you made the fan permanent.

starlionnotch:
I experience a slight jerk on my camry 2.4 while in motion, that kind of jerk you experience when there is a change in transmission, especially as experienced in manual vehicles, but not as a result of change in transmission.

It makes my driving experience horrible.
I have changed and adjusted plugs severally, i have changed my fuel pump and filter to a new one, i have changed my engine mount at the top and still problem persists.

My check engine light comes on.

The last time i did a scan, it only showed there was something wrong with the coolant termostat, and my engine does not overheat.

Please i am almost giving up on this car, who has the solution to this problem please?
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:55am On Oct 15, 2017
Samjr:
I have that problem currnetly but when I want to diagnosis the vehicle I was told to change a wire connected to the exhaust both up and down and that's all as for the check engine it will keep showing only if you made the fan permanent.

O2 sensors kazeems call it exhaust sensor. u should pay more attention to what ur mechanic changes, in ops case it's actually different. @op kingreign has offered u an option to enjoy life once again. I suggest u take it.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by hanslem(m): 7:41am On Oct 15, 2017
Check engine and gearbox sittings.
Sometimes they give similar symptoms when they are bad.

�� You are free to thank me later.

1 Like

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by hanslem(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
I had something similar with my Acura 3.2 TL V6
after servicing the gearbox 3months earlier, I noticed the oil gauge was almost double it normal level when I drew the attention of the Mech he told me not to worry that it was OK, fast-forward to three weeks ago, I noticed the vehicle disengages anytime I slow down to pass through gallops, and also it does not engage at all when am driving out in the morning, but if I put it in reverse (R) it doesn't have that issue,
I went to another place where they reduced the transmission fluid, and it's started working perfectly.

My take here is, most inexperienced auto mech are the problems we have.

1 Like

Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by kingreign(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2017
Samjr:

Hope you know theres differences between the O2 sensor and AF sensors?

Don't go mix them up.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by starlionnotch: 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
Thanks guys

i met another guy who also scanned, and it only revealed the same problem with coolant thermostat only.
but he suggested that it was something wrong with a plug valve in my transmission after driving the car.
but i still feel it might not be something that serious with the gear box itself.
as someone rightly suggested above, i will check the gear box sitting, that is my next area of suspicion.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by timifakay(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
starlionnotch:
Thanks guys

i met another guy who also scanned, and it only revealed the same problem with coolant thermostat only.
but he suggested that it was something wrong with a plug valve in my transmission after driving the car.
but i still feel it might not be something that serious with the gear box itself.
as someone rightly suggested above, i will check the gear box sitting, that is my next area of suspicion.
Post the codes and their definitions. That's when you can get suggestions based on experience of others.
Re: I Am Fed Up With My Toyota Camry 2.4 by olaboy1: 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
Your engine basically needs a tune up and it's even better if you have fault codes to lead you fast to the problem. No need to be fed up as this is not a serious problem, it's a common problem with Toyota cars when you don't follow the routine and interval maintenances.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Sport 05 Or Toyota Matrix Sport 05 / 2004 And 2005 Toyota Corolla / 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.