Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

How To Download Large Android Update With a metered connection. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Download Large Android Update With a metered connection. (625 Views)

I Need Cheap Hourly Data To Download Large Documentary / How To Download Large Files With Airtel Social Bundle / How To Download Large Files Above 15mb With Airtel Opera Mini Social Bundle Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Download Large Android Update With a metered connection. by specimenx(m): 3:37am On Oct 14, 2017
When we receive Android updates, the android system prevents instant download with metered connection, suggesting the use of WiFi. Large android updates of over 500mb size can only be downloaded within a specific time frame on GSM network, usually the very early morning hours, however, there are tips to immediately access and install OTA updates in the absence of WiFi.

Using wifi can involve putting the SIM with data in another smart phone with hotspot option and tethering back to the device needing the update or just connecting to a wireless infrastructure and downloading directly.
On metered connections, scenarios like what is painted below surfaces and you do not even see any download button on the update. To reveal the download button, follow the steps below

Switch off your mobile data or WiFi.

Go to your device "settings".

Tap on "date and time".

Turn off all automatic time setting options, in my case, "automatic date and time" and "automatic time zone".

Since these options are off, you can now manually set the time. Choose a time within your Android update range. If i had 3am to 5am. I'll Set 3:05am for example.

Now, check back your system update and you will find the download button. Make sure you have enough GSM data for the download.

http://pccona..com.ng/2017/10/how-to-download-large-android-update.html?m=1

Re: How To Download Large Android Update With a metered connection. by WeNoGoDie(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2017
What do you mean by GSM Network. Are you referring to downloading a 500Mb file with 2G network speed or what exactly.
Re: How To Download Large Android Update With a metered connection. by GrandMufti: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Uhans Max 2 Giant Screen Smartphone Review. / How To Retract Your Whatsapp Messages At ANYTIME! / How To Recover Your Disabled Iphone Without Itunes Backup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.