Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Should I Forgive my pastor?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Forgive my pastor?? (786 Views)

Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / I Had Sex With My Pastor Daughter In Church Toilet Severally... / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2017
Myself and fiancee are currently finding it hard to forgive my pastor.
I'm a Canadian resident with an American fiancee . We live together in Canada . We aren't legally married but we plan doing that very soon.

My fiancee had contacted my pastor on whatsap after I introduced her to my church pastor. After her first service with us in church, we returned home to discover my pastor had blocked her on whatsap.

We can't remember offending or doing anything wrong. I approached the pastor to enquire his reasons, but he declined and after much pressure from me, he revealed that my wife to be had NO respect for him.

What was her offence, the pastor said my fiancee's last text to him on whatsap offended him.
The text was only a health broadcast on the importance of eating fruits .

He concluded that myself and my fiancee does not have respect for him and God. This angered me and I quickly exited their whatsap forum.

My fiancee has said she can't attend his church anymore , and his action is an indication that my pastor doesn't like her. She wants us to find another church Contrary to this, I love my church as they have become a larger part of me and it's a congregation of mostly Nigerians.

I think he is angry that my fiancee moved to my house .Though he didn't mention that as a reason but instead he based it on the text.

Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2017
Pastor is a Nigerian
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by MhizzAJ(f): 9:19am On Oct 14, 2017
Pastor that bears grudge and carries someone in mind...is that one a pastor.

How can ur pastor just say she doesn't have respect..There's more to this

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by ObaKlaz: 9:22am On Oct 14, 2017
I don't know... But those 'reasons' are just too petty to be serious.
Some thing(s) happened behind the scene.
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by purem(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2017
WTF did I just read

Was expecting to see were your pastor rape/seduce your fiancee..

that keeps me reading to the end not knowing that I was going to be dissapointed

Anyway since i've finish reading I must tender my meandring opinion:

Your pastor doesn't give a poo about u living the church

Your pastor didn't know if he offends u or your fiancee not to talk of both of u forgiving him (he didn't give a poo again)

You living the church can't take anything away from the church (the church didn't give a poo here)

So I suggest u overlook everything and move on with ur church since u said u love ur church, as for ur fiancee u know what to say to her
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by thorpido(m): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2017
I think you should take your fiancee to the pastor and apologise/reconcile.
He should be able to forgive and let go of the incidence.I don't see any big deal in what she did but people react to things differently.As a pastor,he ought to deal with things better than how he has handled this one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2017
thorpido:
I think you should take your fiancee to the pastor and apologise/reconcile.
He should be able to forgive and let go of the incidence.I don't see any big deal in what she did but people react to things differently.As a pastor,he ought to deal with things better than how he has handled this one.

Thanks. I've tried forgiving him but it's not been easy.
My fiancee doesn't even want to have anything to do with him cuz she feels uncomfortable listening to his sermons
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by thorpido(m): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2017
Stanleyelege:

My fiancee doesn't even want to have anything to do with him cuz she feels uncomfortable listening to his sermons
Try and convince your fiancee to meet with him with you present.If you don't do that,it only means you are on the way out of that church.
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Crownadex(m): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2017
Somethin must behind the scene

Mwhile .... ( Do not be deceived "Bad company ruins good moral ) 1st Corinthian 15:33
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by bedspread: 9:43am On Oct 14, 2017
But Truth be told: Those Broadcast Messages de Vex person...

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Daviddson(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2017
Stanleyelege:

I think he is angry that my fiancee moved to my house .Though he didn't mention that as a reason but instead he based it on the text.
Let's assume this is actually the reason for his action. Don't you think what you did was wrong? Or doesn't he preach that premarital sex is wrong? (Forgive my assumption.) Or can you live with someone you're not yet married to and nothing happens between both of you?
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Stanleyelege:

Please do forgive. We're human we make mistakes and behave and react differently.
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
Daviddson:
Let's assume this is actually the reason for his action. Don't you think what you did was wrong? Or doesn't he preach that premarital sex is wrong? (Forgive my assumption.) Or can you live with someone you're not yet married to and nothing happens between both of you?
If that was the reason why wouldn't the pastor draw his attention or is op hiding something?
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
What Is Doing You Na... You Love Your Church or You Love Your Wife To Be... It Seems Both May Not Work Together... Before E Turn Story That Touch, take Your Babe and locate Another Church
Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by shadeyinka(m): 1:14am On Oct 15, 2017
Stanleyelege:
I'm a Canadian resident with an American fiancee . We live together in Canada . We aren't legally married but we plan doing that very soon.

The Pastor in question may not be emotionally mature. Please forgive him and move on. No single human being is perfect: Pastors inclusive.

However, as a Christian I must tell you the truth.

It is wrong (a SIN) for you and your fiancée to be living together and having sex. Let her live in her own apartment and you, step up preparations for your wedding. Weddings needn't be elaborate.

If you love God, you will obey His commandments

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive my pastor?? by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 30, 2017
Stanleyelege:

My fiancee had contacted my pastor on whatsap after I introduced her to my church pastor. After her first service with us in church, we returned home to discover my pastor had blocked her on whatsap.

We can't remember offending or doing anything wrong. I approached the pastor to enquire his reasons, but he declined and after much pressure from me, he revealed that my wife to be had NO respect for him.

What was her offence, the pastor said my fiancee's last text to him on whatsap offended him.
The text was only a health broadcast on the importance of eating fruits .

He concluded that myself and my fiancee does not have respect for him and God. This angered me and I quickly exited their whatsap forum.

My fiancee has said she can't attend his church anymore , and his action is an indication that my pastor doesn't like her. She wants us to find another church Contrary to this, I love my church as they have become a larger part of me and it's a congregation of mostly Nigerians.

Fear God, stop lying.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Even The Decent Girls Are No Better Than The Bad Girls / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent..satan,go And Die" - Apostle Suleman / How African Superstition Has Allowed Modern Day Slavery To Thrive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.