Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

"How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue (22970 Views)

How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by LordLannister: 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
This Is very wrong,why did you even put up your picture?are u a comedian, pls say yes so that i can laugh it off and have peace of mind.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Augustap(f): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Useless thread, useless op

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Finstar: 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
ajog1:
Pretty deep experience of yours you just shared. You have got to have an insatiable curiosity to get to the very end!

I'm minimizing how I read now.. Everybody is complaining lol, saying I read a lot. Although stopping entirely isn't possible cause it's now who I am. It's even more fulfilling, sharing what I know to the people around.. That's what counts most.. smiley

Through reading, I have been able to develop how I write and speak which to me, is my greatest asset.

Reading is fun.. We don't get to live a thousand years, but we can through reading.

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
Reading is bae.
A wise man once said that it is chiefly through books that we enjoy intercourse with superior minds.

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by sirxbit(m): 10:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
roqrules04:
I came here hoping to view the guy that eats 40 leaves exercise book
. My brother I weak. I been this say the guy dey chew book like rice
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Ritajovy(f): 10:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
Steven Covey...I like that man; he can write ehh.
7 habits of highly effective people was a hit. Studying becomes interesting when you make it a habit!! Read n be informed!

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
silasweb:
i also like reading.

Check out these nairaland link. It about where to download hundreds of motivational and inspirational ebooks.

www.nairaland.com/4054965/download-160-motivational-inspirational-ebooks
How can I get the eBooks bro?
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ritajovy:
Steven Covey...I like that man; he can write ehh.
7 habits of highly effective people was a hit. Studying becomes interesting when you make it a habit!! Read n be informed!
. aunty that book na scam abeg. BTW me to I can write ehh angry
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
IamZod:
Reading is bae.
A wise man once said that it is chiefly through books that we enjoy intercourse with superior minds.
the only book worth reading in this world is the bible. every other book is fallacious just like the human mind. you can take me to court angry
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
Finstar:

I'm minimizing how I read now.. Everybody is complaining lol, saying I read a lot. Although stopping entirely isn't possible cause it's now who I am. It's even more fulfilling, sharing what I know to the people around.. That's what counts most.. smiley

Through reading, I have been able to develop how I write and speak which to me, is my greatest asset.

Reading is fun.. We don't get to live a thousand years, but we can through reading.
guy forget da thing abeg living thousand year for were. to much reading makes you weary, especially when you are young.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by silasweb(m): 11:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
13ShadesOfMay:
How can I get the eBooks bro?

Click on the Nairaland link
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by teelaw4life(m): 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
JohnspeakU:
HOW I GOT SO ADDICTED TO EATING BOOKS.

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

As an undergraduate in AAU, I was more like a late reader, I seldom read until like 3days to exams. But after graduation, I was discussing with a mentor of mine who happens to be a senior lecturer and he said, "Johnspeak, If you want to go far in your career you must be studious".

After that event, I was studying my bible one night and I started feeling dizzy like I always do when studying, but I pressed on. It got to a point my head was moving on its own and then BAM!, it happened. My eyes were opened, dizziness varnished, and I actually read till the next morning. Now, I can read a 20,000 words write up without feeling tired. I was reading Stephen Covey's THE 8th HABIT book that the words started looking familiar, I later remembered that I have read it before and was reading it the 8th time.

I'd read John Maxwell's TALENT IS NEVER ENOUGH book for about 5hours that I forgot I'd a date.

The key to killing dizziness while studying is to press on no matter how you feel.

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach

Nice. You hit the reading equivalent of the runner's high.

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 11:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
silasweb:

Click on the Nairaland link
I have done that.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Ritajovy(f): 11:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
oloyolo:
. aunty that book na scam abeg. BTW me to I can write ehh angry

Are you sure you know the book I am talking about??

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Finstar: 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
oloyolo:
guy forget da thing abeg living thousand year for were. to much reading makes you weary, especially when you are young.

Lol.. Not really.. Weary in what sense? I'm pretty young, but I sound like a grandpa when I talk. It's been a major aura of attraction anywhere I go and believe me, people don't joke with me.. Not bragging though, just stating the obvious. Knowing too much comes with disadvantages like depression, but the advantage outweighs the cons..

Knowledge is power. The money I earn now, the friends I have, everything I have can be traced down to reading...

Bro, the best thing is to read..

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Ritajovy(f): 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
oloyolo:
the only book worth reading in this world is the bible. every other book is fallacious just like the human mind. you can take me to court angry

Na lie. The bible tells you what's happening in the "word". Other good books including the newspapers informs you about the going ons in the world.
# Both are very important.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ritajovy:

Na lie. The bible tells you what's happening in the "word". Other good books including the newspapers informs you about the going ons in the world.
# Both are very important.

nop the bible tells both. trust me if u know how much I have read, before discovering what I just told, you will not doubt me.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
Finstar:

Lol.. Not really.. Weary in what sense? I'm pretty young, but I sound like a grandpa when I talk. It's been a major aura of attraction anywhere I go and believe me, people don't joke with me.. Not bragging though, just stating the obvious. Knowing too much comes with disadvantages like depression, but the advantage outweighs the cons..

Knowledge is power. The money I earn now, the friends I have, everything I have can be traced down to reading...

Bro, the best thing is to read..

OK na send me small money na cry
some books a bad but the rest are terrible.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ritajovy:

Are you sure you know the book I am talking about??
eehehe no be that book way them say airoplan dey use dissel I know the book jare
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Ritajovy(f): 12:06am On Oct 15, 2017
oloyolo:

nop the bible tells both. trust me if u know how much I have read, before discovering what I just told, you will not doubt me.

Of course the Bible tells both. If there is chaos in the your area for example, or the pythonians are about to take over, The bible already said that things like these would happen in the last days. Its the newspaper, books whatever that you read that will keep you abreast with the current state of things.
The importance of Reading the Bible can not be overemphasized. But the same goes for other books. You may know the bible 100% but know nothing about the current affairs of your country, public speaking, making friends etc.
There are places you want to be now. Some other persons have gone there. So reading a book they wrote will guide you on how to get there, help you avoid their mistakes n make your transit almost easy.
I read the bible. I love it. Its my manual but I still had to read how to be led by the Holy spirit by Kenneth Hagin to really understand the Holy Spirit.
Books are important. Don't be a half baked somebody!!
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 15, 2017
Ritajovy:

Of course the Bible tells both. If there is chaos in the your area for example, or the pythonians are about to take over, The bible already said that things like these would happen in the last days. Its the newspaper, books whatever that you read that will keep you abreast with the current state of things.
The importance of Reading the Bible can not be overemphasized. But the same goes for other books. You may know the bible 100% but know nothing about the current affairs of your country, public speaking, making friends etc.
There are places you want to be now. Some other persons have gone there. So reading a book they wrote will guide you on how to get there, help you avoid their mistakes n make your transit almost easy.
I read the bible. I love it. Its my manual but I still had to read how to be led by the Holy spirit by Kenneth Hagin to really understand the Holy Spirit.
Books are important. Don't be a half baked somebody!!

lol OK. oh and by the way the bible actually teaches how to make friends, teach business etc. how ever if you want to be a professional eg doctor then you also need books relating to your career
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by makky555(f): 1:04am On Oct 15, 2017
I know you're advertising yourself but please me I need help cry cry cry cry I hate reading is there an alternative for reading? Cuz while I was in the university what I did was to meet the brilliant ones to explain to me what they read before exams...

JohnspeakU:

As an undergraduate in AAU, I was more like a late reader, I seldom read until like 3days to exams. But after graduation, I was discussing with a mentor of mine who happens to be a senior lecturer and he said, "Johnspeak, If you want to go far in your career you must be studious".

After that event, I was studying my bible one night and I started feeling dizzy like I always do when studying, but I pressed on. It got to a point my head was moving on its own and then BAM!, it happened. My eyes were opened, dizziness varnished, and I actually read till the next morning. Now, I can read a 20,000 words write up without feeling tired. I was reading Stephen Covey's THE 8th HABIT book that the words started looking familiar, I later remembered that I have read it before and was reading it the 8th time.

I'd read John Maxwell's TALENT IS NEVER ENOUGH book for about 5hours that I forgot I'd a date.

The key to killing dizziness while studying is to press on no matter how you feel.

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by ajog1: 4:18am On Oct 15, 2017
Finstar:

Woah, truely amazing, I hope to have such habits of yours as I need it more than ever in my new found digital marketing career.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Finstar: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2017
ajog1:
Woah, truely amazing, I hope to have such habits of yours as I need it more than ever in my new found digital marketing career.

It will really help you bro.. William Buffet read one book a day. Bill Gate reads one book every week, Mark Zuckerberg reads one book a month... Readers are leaders..
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Finstar: 7:03am On Oct 15, 2017
oloyolo:

OK na send me small money na cry
some books a bad but the rest are terrible.

That is where wisdom comes.. Whenever I want to advice anyone, I will say; read both the good and bad books. By doing that, you expose yourself to different perception. Wisdom is when you can the two sides of a coin...

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 15, 2017
Finstar:

That is where wisdom comes.. Whenever I want to advice anyone, I will say; read both the good and bad books. By doing that, you expose yourself to different perception. Wisdom is when you can the two sides of a coin...

1 Like

Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by lifu2016(m): 8:48am On Oct 15, 2017
igbohausayoruba:
I been fink say u Go don chop library finish... I no knw say u deh speak literaly.. Add spices next time.
“figuratively" in this context sha
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by osifred(m): 9:57am On Oct 15, 2017
everywhere you turn to people introduce themselves as motivation speaker especially youths who feel they can read and speak well.

Johnspeak this question is specifically for you. What is the meaning of a motivation speaker. what exactly do you do?
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
oloyolo:
The Bible is the book of books. But there are also other inspirational books that are worth reading and most of them use the Holy Books Bible as a standard.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by Tapalos: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
JohnspeakU:

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue

Nice and impressive. I can be of help to your addiction. Do connect with Charis Ebook guy on Whatsapp thru 07051505626 or check his thread on NL Shobam1410. He has tons of amazing books for cheap. Anything at all. I am a bookworm too and he has greatly help out.
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by AIZU(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
Deefuray:
finish?

lol. Readin is a nice thing
Re: "How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue by mozele(m): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2018
JohnspeakU:

thank you for the tip. I'll definitely consider this one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Pls Run Away From / Konga Lays Off 10% Of Its Staff / Photos From Skyewise End Of The Year All-White Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.