Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account (1435 Views)

My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account / N287k Withdrawn From 87-Year-Old Man's Union Bank Account, Leaving N1k / My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by martinz1: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
It happened in a bus at mile 2 ,in lagos, on getting down from the bus he discovered that his phone has been stolen from him, it was on Saturday evening, when he got home he notified me of what happened,that his phone was stolen , he has no option than to retrieve his line, but he has to wait till Tuesday because Monday was a public holiday, it was during 1st of October holidays,
On that weekend, Saturday and Sunday, I tried calling his lost Mtn line and I noticed that it was ringing, but no body picked, unknown to us, this criminal that stole his phone was still carrying out some creepy activities,
So fast forward to Tuesday, my friend finally retrieved his line,
He saw a credit balance of N2000 on the Mtn line which he just retrieved, he was surprised because he didn't have up to that amount on his lost Mtn line,, He was also happy to have 2k for calling and other stuffs,
It was later that he discovered that the sum of N40,000 has been withdrawn from his first bank account via his Mtn line,
How come? How possible I asked him,
So what happened was that the thief used first bank USSD(*894# or something of such) of my friends Mtn line, to recharge the same Mtn line of 10k each day which is the max for each day for the 4 days,sum up 40k
This USSD command doesn't request for password if u are recharging your own line from the same account, just like my gtb USSD *737# too, it doesn't ask for password, if I wanna recharge my Mtn line, but it only ask for password if you want to recharge another line,
The thief transfered the 40k he got via share to other sims or he sold them which I do not know what he did with it,
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by destinychildolu(m): 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
history has just been made. FTC
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by owomida1: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
I no even understand the story self.
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Why didn't he use pattern lock to password his phone and apps?
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by dierich: 2:17am On Oct 15, 2017
sorry about that. such is life
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by anonymuz(m): 6:42am On Oct 15, 2017
Happened to one of my brother too. But I argued,now I know. Thanks for passing this message.
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by zolapower: 7:09am On Oct 15, 2017
comshots:
pattern lock ke? Ask them wether computer village boys don comot for Ikeja .
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2017
zolapower:
pattern lock ke? Ask them wether computer village boys don comot for Ikeja .
Dem don get the unlock software for there?

1 Like

Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by martinz1: 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
comshots:
He used password and finger print for his phone, I think they removed the sim and put it in another phone to make d transaction

2 Likes

Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by zolapower: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
comshots:
Dem don get the unlock software for there?
pattern na the easiest way of unlocking phone for compo village ,infact baby can unlock it self .
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by Mrkumareze(m): 2:10am On Oct 16, 2017
Make him take heart. Naija we live, we must survive.
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by olumaxi(m): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2017
Did they steal his ATM card too?...cos even gtb 737 wil ask for d last four digits on ur ATM card no matter what
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by franklyneo(m): 7:04am On Oct 16, 2017
To wipe off d pattern and passwords is very easy,unless d phone android V start wit 5.0 wia u'll hav to bypass da Google account
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by martinz1: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2017
olumaxi:
Did they steal his ATM card too?...cos even gtb 737 wil ask for d last four digits on ur ATM card no matter what
If u want to recharge ur line registered to gtb account they don't ask for password or anything
That is d leakage the thief used, he recharged up to 40k and sold d credit
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by Isaacpyo04(m): 1:16am On Oct 17, 2017
Anytime you misplaced your phone, call the call center immediately to block the line, no time.
Re: How My Friend Lost His Phone & Money Withdrawn From His Bank Account by olumaxi(m): 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
martinz1:

If u want to recharge ur line registered to gtb account they don't ask for password or anything
That is d leakage the thief used, he recharged up to 40k and sold d credit
okies..sorry for ya loss

(1) (Reply)

Man Rape 7yr Old Girl Till Her Private Part Tore Apart, Then Release Sperm Insid / Man Commits Suicide By Holding High Voltage Wire Because His Girlfriend / Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.