Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Why Is The Bible Full Of Lies And Contradictions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Bible Full Of Lies And Contradictions (378 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Bible Full Of Lies And Contradictions by Neymar1095(m): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2017
Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come? Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13) No (John 1:19-21)

35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne? Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32) No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)

36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals? One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it. Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.

37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ? By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17) His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew? By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22) On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead? Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died. No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey? Yes (Mark 6:cool No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)

41. Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist? Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16) No (Luke 9:9)

42. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism? Yes (Matthew 3:13-14) No (John 1:32,33)

43. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism? Yes (John 1:32, 33) No (Matthew 11:2)

44. According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness? If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true (John 5:3 1) Even if I do bear witness to myself, my testimony is true (John 8:14)

45. When Jesus entered Jerusalem did he cleanse the temple that same day? Yes (Matthew 21:12) No. He went into the temple and looked around, but since it was very late he did nothing. Instead, he went to Bethany to spend the night and returned the next morning to cleanse the temple (Mark I 1:1- 17)

46. The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig tree. Did the tree wither at once? Yes. (Matthew 21:19) No. It withered overnight (Mark II: 20)

47. Did Judas kiss Jesus? Yes (Matthew 26:48-50) No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)

48. What did Jesus say about Peters denial? The cock will not crow till you have denied me three times (John 13:38) Before the cock crows twice you will deny me three times (Mark 14:30) . When the cock crowed once, the three denials were not yet complete (see Mark 14:72). Therefore prediction (a) failed.

49. Did Jesus bear his own cross? Yes (John 19:17) No (Matthew 27:31-32)

50. Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn? Yes (Matthew 27:50-51; Mark lS:37-38) No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus crying with a loud voice, said, Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! And having said this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46)
The Bible is not even

(1) (Reply)

To All Choir Coordinator, Music Director And Choir Members / Is it A Sin To Pay Tithe? - Ivoryfile / How Lagos Lagoon Suicide Man Attended Church Before Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.