Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/17 (806 Views)

Do You Think This Is Correct About Romans 10:17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/10/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/10/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/17 by dallyemmy: 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY               

Memorise:
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

Read: Psalm 51:12-18

51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

51:18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

Going to church is not the same as knowing God. There are many people in church today whose lifestyles do not reflect having any experimental knowledge of who God is. Furthermore, being involved in church activities is not the same as loving God. If you love God, it will show in the way you conduct the affair of your life. God is a merciful God who desires the prosperity of His children, and He is in search of hearts that are longing for him. God is calling us into an intimate knowledge of His person and His attributes. If you know God, the evidence will be seen in the way you relate with people around you. This includes your colleagues in the office as well as your neighbors at home. If your lifestyle does not match with God’s word, no matter how much you give to Him or the activities you engage in to impress Him, you will not find favour in His sight. The words of 1 Samuel 15:22 are very clear:

“...Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”

Some time ago, at a gathering of God’s people at the Redemption Camp, I had to tell everyone there that if you know you are not genuinely saved by the Blood of the Lamb, there is no need to give any offering to God. God will not accept the offering of sinners. It is an abomination before Him (Proverb 15:cool. Our lives must count for God first, before other things can follow suit.

God wants us to obey His voice and follow His word for our lives. He wants His children to all be true people who impact the lives of others positively. Living a godly life is all that God desires from us. When we live according to His standards, He will be pleased with all that we have to offer. Morality and rituals cannot grant us access to the mercy of God. Before the prodigal son could receive mercy, he had to come to his senses and amend his ways by going back to his father. God is longing for those who will praise Him in spirit and in truth. He is desperate for those who will magnify Him not for what they can get from Him but for who He is. Do you know that you can come before God with big offerings and yet stir up His anger? This will not be your lot in Jesus’ Name. No amount of sacrifice from us can equal His sacrifice for us. The scope of this sacrifice can be seen in these words of Romans 8:32:

“He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?”

Key Point:
Obedience is better than sacrifice.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Galatians 1-3
Daniel 8:1-14

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 14:  TAKE MY LIFE

1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/17 by Ibukunore06: 4:54am On Oct 16, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���
f
_*MONDAY, October 16, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTSkiss _PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY_

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL:*

----- Father, i thank you because *YOU ARE THE ALMIGHTY GOD.*

*_---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul....._*

*_---- Father, I thank you for the grace to be alive, today;......_*

*_---- Father, I thank You for Your love for me......_*

----- *_Father, from today, please grant unto me the grace to love you more than ever before, in Jesus' Name......_*

----- *_Father, from today, please let my obedience to You be complete and total, in Jesus' Name......_*

*_Father, today, please flush every tendencies of rebellion and disobedience out of my life, in Jesus' Name......_*

----- *_Father, from today, please let Your mercy prevail over judgement in my life, in Jesus' Name......_*

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - 8 )......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS SWEETEST* Name I have Prayed.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/10/17 by dupsai(f): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Monday, October 16, 2017) - PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY

1.I worship and magnify you, my Father, for the multitude of your mercies and loving kindness, over my life and family.

2.Thank you, Father, for sacrificing your only begotten son, Jesus, for the redemption of my soul.

3.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, fill me to the brim with your Holy Spirit, and let every desire for sin and worldliness, in my life, be totally subdued, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, release upon my life, the spirit of complete obedience and help me to do things, that please you, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, let my life reflect your presence and glory, at all times, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, let my lifestyle and personality, conform to your Will, so that whatever service, I render to you, may be acceptable, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, you created me in your image, please, help me to live a life, that reflect your true image, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, restore unto me the joy of your salvation; and uphold me with your free spirit, in Jesus' name.

10.O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth your praise.

11.Father, as many who are in the church, but do not know you, please, reveal yourself to them, in a special way, today, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13. In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodblessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia / Human, What Does It Mean To Be A Human In The 21st Century / You Will Not Prosper If You Dont Pay Your Tithe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.