Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria (1961 Views)

Is Mining Coin Business Lucrative In Nigeria ? / Which Is More Lucrative Between Cybersecurity And UI/UX / Programming Language And Digital Marketing. Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
I'm new to programming, i started weeks ago with c++. Java though an HLL was so hard and confusing but thank goodness for the easier c++ middle-level language. Now i want to focus on a particular niche in the world of programming, so my question is: WHICH OF THESE IS MORE LUCRATIVE IN NIGERIA

1. Android apps development.
2. Apple Ios apps development.
3. Web development.
4. Game development.
5. Embeded system programming.
6. Desktop.

I'm thinking of 1 and 4 but i just hate java and any language with java related syntax.

I kinda love c, c++, python, objective-c, rust, D. But i'm still focusing on c++ for the moment.

Please what Job among the ones above is lucrative for such skills in Nigeria?

Thanks.
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by correctguy101(m): 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
All are cool but 1,2 and 5 all the way...
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
correctguy101:
All are cool but 1,2 and 5 all the way...
Wow thanks boss, do you know any firm in Nigeria that works with Apple IOS or embeded systems?
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by correctguy101(m): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Wow thanks boss, do you know any firm in Nigeria that works with Apple IOS or embeded systems?

There are several. Try Oracle or NIIT or try Orange Systems if you're in Lagos.
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
correctguy101:

There are several. Try Oracle or NIIT or try Orange Systems if you're in Lagos.
i'm working somewhere else in kogi but thanks anyway.
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
despite d fact i mastered web development i never go a serious job wit it, yea html5,css3 and binding a few javascript libaries with php5 and all dat, i did it all. but it was all good though, cuz i get 2 knw i can master any programming language i set my mind on. i wish i knw python, a very powerful general scripting language. it is just too good for anything. i wish i knw c#, a huge demand in desktop apps, cross-platform mobile apps dev. android & ios via xamarin. also good for game dev, d entire unity3d game engine for deploying games to mobile androids & ios is built on d foundation of c# only, cryengine 5, and other game engines depend on it alot. menh dia is python or java and all dat c++ if u wan 2 go raw and naked in programming stuffs and shits. for me i m clockin all in, for my long-time passion and i believe with hardwork n time c++ and GDscript are enough for me and my choosen area of interest for now and wen i mean programming, i mean you go in 100% till you reach d end of road, and not half way.
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by LotusFan: 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
Dear Toby,

Why are you focusing on c++, just a question?

My advise to you would be to know a little about all of them but focus on what you love. Money will find you where you are hiding developing your games if you are good. Keep improving, never think you are good enough.

In addition, try to have as much of your work in the public domain as possible (obviously I’m referring to the best of the best of your work).

Reach for the stars!
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by Elitecoderng: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
what's currently trending in Nigeria? web development. do what you love
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
LotusFan:
Dear Toby,

Why are you focusing on c++, just a question?

My advise to you would be to know a little about all of them but focus on what you love. Money will find you where you are hiding developing your games if you are good. Keep improving, never think you are good enough.

In addition, try to have as much of your work in the public domain as possible (obviously I’m referring to the best of the best of your work).

Reach for the stars!
Dear LotusFan,

actually i'm still a novice since i just started recently. Why i chose c++? To be sincere i don't know. After trying upto 8 languages i found c++ natural to me....java always pissed me off, i don't know why Sure i'll take your advice on knowing basic on others and focus on game development and embeded system.

Thanks Lotus. Btw are you a programmer? You can skip the question.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
Elitecoderng:
what's currently trending in Nigeria? web development. do what you love
Almost everyone can create website these days. You know how cms has reduced job for web developers. But thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by asalimpo(m): 3:16am On Oct 16, 2017
Follow ur heart then. Advisers may only confuse u.
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by asalimpo(m): 3:28am On Oct 16, 2017
Mytake - forget about game programming.
forget embedded.
give your self 3 years of intense language learning - or 5.
Programming is complex. They'res a lot to learn.

instead of learning programming only, do urself a favour and learn business/marketing while learning programming.
Odd advice? But u want to mak emoney,learn how to sell.
In the end, the customer doesnt care about tech, they want solutions.
Meaning -the language may not matter to make money .
a customer with a desktop need may pay for it, so it's all about finding a market/niche and fulfilling it.
a customer with a phone need will pay for it. the customer with the desktop need may pay more for it, if there's a scarcity of desktop programmers or he can't get the solution cheaper. The customer with the phone/website need may pay cheaper if has cheaper alternatives. See y know how marketing/economics can help you be a better business man /programmer.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2017
asalimpo:
I've made up my mind on game development though i currently have a job. Thanks for the input.
Re: Which Of These Is More Lucrative In Nigeria by 4ward(m): 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
ok

(1) (Reply)

Free Code For The "Automate The Boring Stuff With Python" Udemy Course / Populating Select Menu From Model In User Registration Form In Laravel / Qt 5 Tutorial For Absolute Beginner C++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.