Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,915 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit (15509 Views)

List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT / List Of Suspicious Items In 2018 Budget By BudgIT (Photos) / 2017 Fiscal Sustainability Index Of States In Nigeria - BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by monex(m): 11:47am On Oct 16, 2017
HopeAtHand:

If Nigeria should practice true fiscal federalism, Lagos will lose many of its advantages. And most States of the federation, not limited to SW states, will be in serious financial problems. The true gainers of fiscal federalism is major oil bearing states.

I really wish and pray for the Bonny seaport project to be a reality. Rivers cannot be on the Nigerian coast and not take its fullest advantages.

wrong! Lagos will be the biggest beneficiary of true federalism followed by the Oil bearing states (for now) and then the south-eastern states.

2 Likes

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by mabea: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ebonyi state is really a surprise. I dare say they've enjoyed some good governance since inception but that is not what the opposition will have us believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by adekhingz(m): 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
came here to check for Ekitii grin grin grin...and my state, OSUN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by akinboyo: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
Can you stay in your village and be successful without being to Afonja territory(ies)? I know you wont try that.
uglyafonja:
Afonja states with their fake IGR......

No wonder they are still hungry and nearly collapse during the recession period
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by morningsta(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
Teewhy2:
Ogun state disappointed me, I was expecting it to be among top 10 considering its closeness with Lagos. It has a lot of benefits to be tap from Lagos but see how down below the state is sitting. if state like Kebbi , Kogi, Taraba, Gombe could rank higher than Ogun state I give up on the governor. well am not to surprised sha if you can be putting on that kind of High cap as if you are going to party to office everyday how will you be able to perform well.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

It is advisable to question the source of this data to enable us determine its authenticity before you begin to rejoice or celebrate.

Surprised by Kogi state. Didnt know we could make top 21 o!

1 Like

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
I am disappointed in Ogun and Osun states.

stop being disappointed the whole economy is still based on OIL. if our oil stop selling all forms of sustainability will collapse.

staticstics are always baised.

1 Like

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by Alexgeneration(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
shegerun:

You saw Budgit there and you’re still asking for source. What’s the matter with you?
Bro calm down, I only asked a harmless question. Its just an oversight that I didn't see it. #PEACE

2 Likes

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by totit: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
undecided undecided

Loool!
WHAT'S the source of the so called research and what year was it conducted grin

Mtcheew NL and facade infos/news.

Probably, the stats was drew under the influence of the Op desktop and agbo weed grin
If una want authentic make una do research nah.
By the way, what's budjet grin
Olodos everywhere grin

ODVanguard

2 Likes

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
mabea:
Ebonyi state is really a surprise. I dare say they've enjoyed some good governance since inception but that is not what the opposition will have us believe.

go and live in ebonyi state capital for a month and see for your self. the stats is deceptive.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by Juenwume: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
HopeAtHand:
Rivers needs someone alot better in 2019. Ordinarily we ought to give Lagos state something to think about, but here we are stuck in 1999 mentality with Wike. Ordinary Akwa Ibom and Ogun states are bragging of how they will top Rivers state in foreseeable future.
Well said.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by pasol4real(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
beamtopola:
they will avoid this thread.
Afonjas now competing with the abokis for the award of poorest ppl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by mabea: 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
WinningSun:

go and live in ebonyi state capital for a month and see for your self. the stats is deceptive.
Im not comparing ebonyi to other states rather the significant progress it has made over a time.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by stayTrue: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
All these little children commenting without understanding analytics and statistics sef.

LET ME EXPLAIN WHAT THE CHART MEANS.

1. This means if a state (A) spends N3m per month and has N15m in reserve. If money stops coming in it would last for 15÷3= 5 months without reducing its spending.
However if another state (B) spends N30m per month but has N90m in reserve it would only last 90÷30= 3 months under same condition or else would have to reduce spending to stretch funds longer.

2. You can see that State B is richer than State A but on this chart State A would rank higher. Even though State B performs better and probably takes better care of its residents than State A. Because 5 months is greater than 3 months.

3. This chart is not measuring IGR or wealth but funds to expenditure ratio. I don't even expect lagos to rate so high self. I was expecting northern states to lead chart because they do practically little development with their funds.

4. What it shows is which states could continue at same pace without reducing spending if no money comes in again.

It is an analytical tool for policy making and most street people won't understand or necessarily need to.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by FEGNO: 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
Willy Obiano has finished Anambra. This man just has to go before he reverses the gains made over the last 10 years

1 Like

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by rlauncher(m): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
I am disappointed in Ogun and Osun states.

Don't be disappointed. This study does not represent levels of developments taking place in each state.

In the Southwest generally, the respective state governments are taking on several capital projects at the same time such that they have to struggle between completing the projects and paying salaries of civil servants.

This is why states that are doing very little as far as capital projects are concerned can rank higher than those doing a lot of capital projects because they simply focus on paying salaries of civil servants.

The truth is that Lagos is doing more infrastructure than Rivers or any other state in Nigeria. Also my state, Ogun as well as Osun to the best of my knowledge are doing a lot of infrastructures than most of the states ranked ahead of them in this study.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by Uglyojuku: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
pasol4real:

It does not mean that you are progressing more than the Sw but your inefficiency to use your brain for the growth of your economy but prefer to keep the money for future thievery.The SW had always led in growth even without oil and still leading and the Igbos/SE are the poorest in the South..doing rituals,baby factories and mass white powder peddling are delusional path to wealth.SW had always control the economy of Nigeria with their massive industries because they are astute nation builders and deep thinkers.

3 Likes

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by rlauncher(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
pasol4real:

Olodo!

This study is about states that keep their money in the banks instead of spending them on the people.

Southwestern states don't keep much money in savings because they are spending them on education and infrastructural developments.

2 Likes

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by Blue3k(m): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
Looks like Akwa Ibom looking good. The debt is swollowng the state. How is this calculated anyway.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by rlauncher(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
pasol4real:

Ode!

Your governors are saving your state funds for 2019 elections.

1 Like

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by nengibo: 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
monex:

wrong! Lagos will be the biggest beneficiary of true federalism followed by the Oil bearing states (for now) and then the south-eastern states.
Na so una dey make mouth since, Rivers state is untop my brother no two ways about it, all we need is a more innovative Governor at the helm of affairs and lagos will become like Warri a has been
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by rlauncher(m): 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
WinningSun:

stop being disappointed the whole economy is still based on OIL. if our oil stop selling all forms of sustainability will collapse.

staticstics are always baised.

That's a big lie. Oil is just 10% of the Nigerian economy. Google it if you have doubts. Massive importation is the problem. It is preventing us from producing what we need at home. We need to ban more imported products to encourage local manufacturers. We also need to encourage more non-oil exports in order to reduce dependence on oil based forex.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by rlauncher(m): 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
nengibo:

Na so una dey make mouth since, Rivers state is untop my brother no two ways about it, all we need is a more innovative Governor at the helm of affairs and lagos will become like Warri a has been

If Governor Wike is spending those moneys on infrastructure as he should, he couldn't have been no 1.

This study does not represent spending on infrastructure. But savings or unspent money which could be stolen later.

1 Like

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by totit: 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
rlauncher:

That's a big lie. Oil is just 10% of the Nigerian economy. Google it if you have doubts. Massive importation is the problem. It is preventing us from producing what we need at home. We need to ban more imported products to encourage local manufacturers. We also need to encourage more non-oil exports in order to reduce dependence on oil based forex.

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by Blue3k(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
rlauncher:

Tell me how has your protectionist bans worked so far? Start with the agricultural sector then work your way up to manufacturing. These policies haven't blossomed into anything substantial decades after ban. We're not net exporters of any of this. The solution is trade and reforming done stick policy to make it easier to business.

1. Live or dead birds including frozen poultry.

2. Pork, beef, birds eggs, excluding hatching eggs

3. Refined vegetable oils and fats (includes mayonnaise).   Crude vegetable oil is NOT banned from importation.

4. Cane or beet sugar and chemically pure sucrose, in solid form in retail packs.

5. Cocoa butter, powder and cakes.

6. Spaghetti/noodles.

7. Fruit Juice in retail packs.

8. Waters, including mineral waters and aerated waters containing added sugar or sweetening matter or flavored, ice snow, other non-alcoholic beverages and beer and stout (bottled, canned or otherwise packed, but excluding energy or health drinks (liquid dietary supplements).

1 Like

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by rlauncher(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
With improvement in power supply and railways, we can easily double, triple, or even quadruple the size of the Nigerian economy thereby reducing dependence on oil based forex.

By that time, the rest of Nigeria would be in better financial position than those crying about oil now. The west and the northerners know this. That is why they are bidding their time about restructuring while they develop their agriculture which is growing massively. Today, Nigeria is the 5th largest Agricultural country in the world (google it if you have doubts).

Oil will dry up in 20 years time. Ask Kachikwu if you don't believe.

Many nations of the world are planning to phase out patrol cars very soon.

Continue to cry oil while other regions are strategizing for the future.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by rlauncher(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Tell me how has your protectionist bans worked so far? Start with the agricultural sector then work your way up to manufacturing. These policies haven't blossomed into anything substantial decades after ban. We're not net exporters of any of this. The solution is trade and reforming done stick policy to make it easier to business.

1. Live or dead birds including frozen poultry.

2. Pork, beef, birds eggs, excluding hatching eggs

3. Refined vegetable oils and fats (includes mayonnaise).   Crude vegetable oil is NOT banned from importation.

4. Cane or beet sugar and chemically pure sucrose, in solid form in retail packs.

5. Cocoa butter, powder and cakes.

6. Spaghetti/noodles.

7. Fruit Juice in retail packs.

8. Waters, including mineral waters and aerated waters containing added sugar or sweetening matter or flavored, ice snow, other non-alcoholic beverages and beer and stout (bottled, canned or otherwise packed, but excluding energy or health drinks (liquid dietary supplements).

We are not there yet, but I can assure you that our non oil export especially Agriculture is growing massively. We are now earning more foreign exchange from agriculture than at any other time.

The percentage of oil based forex earnings is gradually reducing and a lot of new efforts at non oil forex earnings are coming up.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by rlauncher(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=totit post=61478421][/quote]

Totit

Thanks for the data.
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by googi: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Some people would jubilate over anything that puts Ogun State last, even when they feed on that State.

Most of you live and work in Ogun State claiming it is Lagos State.

You see graphs and statistics you read upside down. Use anything to justify your preconceived notions.

Without Ogun State, Nigeria and Lagos lack back bone or spine

1 Like

Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by nengibo: 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
rlauncher:

If Governor Wike is spending those moneys on infrastructure as he should, he couldn't have been no 1.

This study does not represent spending on infrastructure. But savings or unspent money which could be stolen later.
Talk all you can mr Lagos, I'm saving this post for whenever yall make spurious claims about Lagos. Facts will always win, Proudly Rivers tubo
Re: Fiscal Sustainability Rankings Of The States In Nigeria By Budgit by jaywhoco(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
Akwa-Ibom ayaya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara LG Elections: Saraki Casts His Vote (Photos) / Speakership: Nkeiruka Onyejeocha Asks Gbajabiamila To Step Down For Her / Speaker Bayelsa House Of Assembly, Tonye Isenah Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.