Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

God Is Not A Liar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not A Liar (755 Views)

Alfa Bible Studies: God Is A Liar! / Ese Walter Is A Liar !!! No Second Service In Abuja: adeleye / Assassination Attempt On Tb Joshua: Devil Is A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Is Not A Liar by PastorAde: 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2010
[center]God Is Not A Liar[/center]

God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill? (Numbers 23: 19, NIV)

This is the one who came by water and blood – Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. We accept man’s testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which He has given about His Son. Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in His heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about His Son. (1 John 5: 6-10, NIV, emphasis added)

In the first Scriptures above from the book of Numbers, we are told that unlike man, God does not lie. His words can be trusted. When He speaks, He acts, when He promises a thing, He fulfills His word.

In the second passage above, the Bible – God’s Word – tells us that Jesus Christ came by water and blood. The Holy Spirit testified of these because the Holy Spirit is truth. What does the phrase “came by water and blood mean? When Jesus was baptized in water by John the Baptist, the Bible has this to say: “When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as He was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in a bodily form like a dove. And a voice from heaven: You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” (Luke 3:21-22). When Jesus was baptized, God spoke by the Holy Spirit to affirm and confirm that Jesus was God’s Son. This is the meaning of the phrase: “Jesus came by water”.

As for the phrase: “Jesus came by blood” let’s consider some Scriptures: “The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. But when they came to Jesus and found that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. The man who saw it (Apostle John) has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. These things happened so that the Scripture would be fulfilled: “Not one of His bones will be broken,” (see Isaiah 34:20) and as another Scripture says in Zechariah 12:10b, “They will look on the one they have pierced” (John 19:32-37, emphasis added). Jesus was crucified for the sins of the whole world, and His legs were not broken to confirm the veracity (truthfulness, honesty or accuracy) of the various Scriptures referred to above. While he was still on the cross of Calvary, one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear bringing a flow of blood and water.

God, who cannot lie, inspired holy men to write the Scriptures by the Holy Spirit. Everything He says in His word is true. Jesus came by water and blood. His blood was shed to save and redeem the whole world of men and women He created in His image.

Whose testimony will you believe? Whose words will you believe? The words of God that are true or the words of satan who deceives the whole world? If you believe and embrace the truth, the truth will make you free and you will have your name written in God’s book of life. If you reject the truth, you’ve embraced the lie of satan and the lie will enslave you and your name will be omitted from the book of life. Will you embrace the truth?

Then pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. Write my name in the book of life in Jesus Name, Amen.

For enquiries and counseling, write, call or e-mail; Prevailing Word & prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: God Is Not A Liar by Ovamboland(m): 11:57am On Mar 12, 2010
d:? no response?

(1) (Reply)

Fake Pastors Beware! / Warning! Rapture On 21 May 2011 & End Of The World On 21 Oct 2011 / a c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.