Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Evidence The Devil Is In The Vatican - Pope's Chief Exorcist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evidence The Devil Is In The Vatican - Pope's Chief Exorcist (1763 Views)

We Are Not Alone, Says Vatican: Pope's Chief Astronomer Says Alien Life Exists. / "Gays And Lesbians Have Something To Offer The Church" Says Vatican Pope. / Amazing Facts About The Pope, Roman Catholic Church And The Vatican (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Evidence The Devil Is In The Vatican - Pope's Chief Exorcist by e36991: 12:50am On Mar 12, 2010
. . . 'evidence the Devil is in the Vatican', says Pope's chief exorcist

Vigilent: Father Amorth
is the Vatican's head exorcist

Child intimacy abuse scandals rocking the Catholic Church are evidence of the Devil's presence in the Vatican, the Pope's chief exorcist said yesterday.

Father Gabriel Amorth, 84, who has carried out more than 70,000 exorcisms in a career spanning 24 years said Pope Benedict 'fully agreed' with him in 'casting out evil'.

The Catholic church has been rocked in recent months by a series of intimacy scandals in Ireland, Holland and most recently Germany, where even the Pope's brother Georg Ratzinger admitted hitting choir boys.

In his interview with La Repubblica newspaper Father Amorth, on who the Devil fighting priest in hit horror movie The Exorcist is based
, said: 'His Holiness fully believes in casting out evil.

'The Devil lives in the Vatican. He has won over the confidences of people but naturally its difficult to find proof but the consequences are visible.

'We have cardinals who don't believe in Christ, bishops connected with demons. Then we have these stories of pedophilia. You can see the rot when we speak of Satan's smoke in the holy rooms (of the Vatican)
.'

Father Amorth gave his interview as part of a book launch for Italian religious affairs journalist Marco Tosatti who has written 'Memoirs of an Exorcist'.

Father Amorth said:' 'The Devil is invisible, he is a pure spirit. But in the people he possesses he can be seen through pain and blasphemies but he can also remain hidden.

'Sometimes he makes fun of me but I have to say I enjoy my work.'

He added how he had 'six or seven assistants' to help him hold down possessed people when he carried out exorcism and that he kept ''nails and glass that they spit out in a little bag.

'From the mouths of the possessed people all sorts of things come out, bits of metal as long as a finger, rose petals.

'I have to have help holding them down and wiping up the saliva but seeing these people vomit doesn't upset me' . . .

To read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1257119/Catholic-intimacy-abuse-scandals-evidence-Devil-Vatican-says-Popes-chief-exorcist.html#ixzz0hum5mguu

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Really Know About The Bible? Take The Quiz / Ashimodollar - 24 Hour Miracle Seed / Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.