Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,979 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin (19183 Views)

Gambian President Gifts Nollywood Stars Plots Of Land / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos / Photo: Abeg, Who Mumu Pass Between These Nollywood Stars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2010
It was in bad taste though, who knows their family members may be reading this.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2010
ElRazur:

Eldee,

This is not a dedication thread. This is just another news thread. Nothing here is dedicated to them. Let's call a spade, a spade shall we? I understand plenty people may not appreciate my humour. However to try and use me as a comparison to those who killed them is a bit over the top.

Humour my black a$$, I bet you dont know how it feels like to loose someone dear to u,
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by snowdrops(m): 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2010
ElRazur:

Eldee,

This is not a dedication thread. This is just another news thread. Nothing here is dedicated to them. Let's call a spade, a spade shall we? I understand plenty people may not appreciate my humour. However to try and use me as a comparison to those who killed them is a bit over the top.

Please please please. Dont let this drag any further. You mis-spoke. Accept it. Either apologize or keep quiet. Remember, people were mudered in cold blood. Thats what the thread is all about. Not about the right or wrong of your seemingly offensive comments.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by eldee(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2010
. . .
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Pennywise(m): 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2010
Killing by hired assassins is actually quite routine in Benin. This particular one made it to the media for understandable reasons-the personalities involved.I have no doubt in my mind that since then there have been other assassinations or violent robberies resulting in death.

Even when perpetrators are caught and taken to zone 5, all it takes is a few weeks for the matter to die down and a 200k fine (standard rate).But Chances are that they will never be caught.

Benin is a large, rapidly growing town. Unlike most other cities in the south you can cruise around that town for 2hrs without encountering a police check point which is one reason kidnapping thrives in that town while they are on the retreat in other places. The question is what is Oshiomhole doing with his huge security vote. I hear he has a good taste for women and the children of this comrade are living lavishly abroad (hardly my business).

For any one living or passing through Benin that is generally considered comfortable Benin presents a special vulnerability.Most if not all successful bizmen from that town have exiled themselves in the past year or so. There will  be more demonstrations to govt house of the kind that followed the killing of these actors and we expect to get exactly the same result- resounding silence.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Genuflect(m): 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2010
El razur, your signature says it all. You refuse to be normal. You are making humour with a person's assassination just after they died? I'm dumbfounded
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by eldee(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2010
. . .
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by ElRazur: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2010
This will keep going regardless. So here goes. Apologies for my insensitivity. It was a bad joke and a very bad one. I know the damage is done, but my post will be removed, so as not to offend people further. smiley

Genuflect.

My signature represent something different. Ask me another time
. smiley
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by princekevo(m): 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2010
This is the kinda things we should expect in an animal kingdom called Nigeria. May Their soul rest in peace.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by snowdrops(m): 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2010
ElRazur:

This will keep going regardless. So here goes. Apologies for my insensitivity. It was a bad joke and a very bad one. I know the damage is done, but my post will be removed, so as not to offend people further

Well said. The honourable thing has been done.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by eldee(m): 6:23pm On Mar 13, 2010
ElRazur:

This will keep going regardless. So here goes. Apologies for my insensitivity. It was a bad joke and a very bad one. I know the damage is done, but my post will be removed, so as not to offend people further. smiley

I'm sorry if I came overly sentimental . . . I'll edit my posts too.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by FBS: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2010
R.I.P Erhauyi Ogheide
R.I.P Eghosa Idehen
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by victorazy(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2010
sad
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by snowdrops(m): 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2010
Pennywise:

Killing by hired assassins is actually quite routine in Benin.
I am not sure if that is entirely correct. There have been numerous murders/assassinations. It is one of the worst in the country, but there must be more dire places.

This particular one made it to the media for understandable reasons-the personalities involved.I have no doubt in my mind that since then there have been other assassinations or violent robberies resulting in death.

Even when perpetrators are caught and taken to zone 5, all it takes is a few weeks for the matter to die down and a 200k fine (standard rate).[/b]But Chances are that they will never be caught.
And that is a sad sad truth.

Benin is a large, rapidly growing town. [b]Unlike most other cities in the south you can cruise around that town for 2hrs without encountering a police check point

That is actually incorrect. There are police check points stationed at fixed locations in the city. Probably the route you might have taken was a different on to these. Actually there lies the problem. The joint police/military patrol need to make the locations of the check points more flexible therefore their abode less predictable to the men of the underworld.

which is one reason kidnapping thrives in that town while they are on the retreat in other places. The question is what is Oshiomhole doing with his huge security vote.
Good question. It is so sweet to mismanage funds but end of the day, lives, human lives are at stake. If the security funds were properly handled maybe these guys may have still been alive or the perpetrators rounded up much quicker.

I hear he has a good taste for women and the children of this comrade are living lavishly abroad (hardly my business).
Well we should leave that to be discussed another day.

For any one living or passing through Benin that is generally considered comfortable Benin presents a special vulnerability.Most if not all successful bizmen from that town have exiled themselves in the past year or so. There will  be more demonstrations to govt house of the kind that followed the killing of these actors and we expect to get exactly the same result- resounding silence.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by sonya4all(m): 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2010
Its quite a pity this is happening,and my heart goes 2 the deceased families,contrary 2 that reports from benin and a closely related neigbour of ukeke revealed yesterday dat,the killings were done by rival cultists,he said that while ukeke and the other were in uniben,they were members of the and when they graduated they never denounced(unquote),that made them 2 be hunted down,also the previous day before the incident,other deaths were recorded, I think in live,one has 2 be careful because NEMESIS will surely catch up on you or ur children, They just died without giving their lives 2 christ.May their souls rest in peace.I miss their funny movies.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2010
ElRazur, you're learning positively and i like that, i hope to learn positive things too. cool
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by mamagee3(f): 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2010
May their souls rest in peace. cry cry
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Pennywise(m): 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
sonya4all:

a closely related neigbour of ukeke revealed yesterday dat,the killings were done by rival cultists,he said that while ukeke and the other were in uniben,they were members of the and when they graduated they never denounced
This is one plausible angle considering that the guys were young recently graduated (post will suggest). Most of these killings are actually done by student cultists.

There are however a few known notorious characters with their boys around town.They are generally available for hire in Land and business disputes. But the situation is nothing compared to Benin of the 80s where every neighborhood had gangs with toughies. The lucky ones are now reformed fathers or are doing time in American and European jails. The unlucky ones well, they went the way of the Aninis.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by snowdrops(m): 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2010
sonya4all:

Its quite a pity this is happening,and my heart goes 2 the deceased families,contrary 2 that reports from benin and a closely related neigbour of ukeke revealed yesterday dat,the killings were done by rival cultists,he said that while ukeke and the other were in uniben,they were members of the and when they graduated they never denounced(unquote),that made them 2 be hunted down,also the previous day before the incident,other deaths were recorded, I think in live,one has 2 be careful because NEMESIS will surely catch up on you or your children, They just died without giving their lives 2 christ.May their souls rest in peace.I miss their funny movies.
We can only speculate to the motive of the murderers at this point.
Yours is a story making the rounds. Yet there is another which alledges that he was killed by his fiancees brother/his gang as the brother is a member of a cult group.
He is reported to have done his introduction a week before he was killed. The girl lives in one of the European cities. The brother became jealous as she lavished "ukeke with gifts and money. The brother as the story went threatened to prevent their union by all means.
Following the brutal shootings the girl when told of the bad news in Europe with a broken heart confessed to being virtually certain that her brother is behind the act.
Again i stress that these are rumours albeit likely credible as i heard from someone close to family.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2010
Really sad . . . . . .May their soul rest in peace
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by sulad82i(m): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2010
9ja 9ja 9ja,
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by tjadeba(m): 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2010
ElRazur:

This will keep going regardless. So here goes. Apologies for my insensitivity.  It was a bad joke and a very bad one. I know the damage is done, but my post will be removed, so as not to offend people further. smiley

Genuflect.

My signature represent something different. Ask me another time
. smiley

Well done Mr.ElRazur, i have never used a foul word on this forum on anyone, my emotions got the better part of me.I sympathise with family of the deceased.I hope all these killings abate.Its becoming too rampant in Nigeria.The security apparatus should wake up to their responsibilities, Its high time.Although the high unemployment rate in the country is not help,but people must be aware and be humane enough to stop shedding bloods of fellow human as if it were that of chicken or goat.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by JUO(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2010
sorry for that
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by beninman1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 13, 2010
I believe there is a time and season for everything,
Surely, this can't be the time for jokes.
Let us show some respect for the departed souls and stop 'fighting'
Sometimes it is best to ignore clowns cos responding to them only prolongs the matter and gives unnecessary and more attention to the rubbish comment made
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by efepro(m): 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2010
I knw this guy very well,i hav seen 5 of his muvees.he was my favourite benin comedian,baba suwe of benin, RIP ukeke.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Kratos007(m): 12:22am On Mar 14, 2010
sad and shocking. may they find peace wherever they are now. life is so fleeting and short. May God save this country called Nigeria
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Outstrip(f): 2:11am On Mar 14, 2010
May their souls rest in peace. I guess they were the Kokori and Idemudia of their time
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by TippyTop(m): 2:18am On Mar 14, 2010
People readily accept apologies too quick. How can some one seemingly educated be so retarded to joke about two men cut in their prime.

Isn't Mr Elrazur  the same man who said he was so educated and wouldn't return to Nigeria cos Nigeria is not yet ready for him.
I have some news for your punk azz, do us a favor remain where ever you are.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Nobody: 4:03am On Mar 14, 2010
OMG! senseless! I wonder what could be the cause of such brutal force and wanting to kill those two gentlemen. Either way my heart goes out to their loved ones, community and fans.  cry there is absolutely NOTHING in the story or related to that is to be joked about or made fun of, absolutely nothing.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by chelseabmw(m): 7:00am On Mar 14, 2010
May there soul rest in perfect peace, Amen
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by chelseabmw(m): 7:08am On Mar 14, 2010
They were killed because of there involvement in cultist while in school
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by AloyEmeka5: 7:17am On Mar 14, 2010
Tippy Top:

People readily accept apologies too quick. How can some one seemingly educated be so retarded to joke about two men cut in their prime.

Isn't Mr Elrazur  the same man who said he was so educated and wouldn't return to Nigeria cos Nigeria is not yet ready for him.
I have some news for your punk azz, do us a favor remain where ever you are.

What else do you want him to do?. Bring you a ram before you can accept his apology?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Lynxxx Is Nigeria’s Sexiest Male Musician Of 2014- CityPeople / Nancy Isime Becomes Brand Ambassador To 234bet / Jada Pinkett Smith's Female Lover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.