Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC (17988 Views)

Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances / Buratai At The Closing Ceremony Of Operation Crocodile Smile 2 In Port Harcourt / US Lawyers File Suit Against Buratai, Obiano For Extra-Judicial Killing Of Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by diegwu01: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
Naziridamos:

who are the igbos
And who are the Biafrans
Keep deceiving yourself grin

I am Ibo and Not biafran,
I am not filled with bile and hate and i don't pray for
the destruction on my country Nigeria.
There are millions like us hardworking and tolerant folks and not confused
or brainwashed by the criminal scam artist; Kanu

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by sirwhyteB(m): 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
whateverkay:
Enough of this biafra thing. One Nigeria we shall remain
YOU AND WHO?
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Unlimited22: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
whateverkay:

Restructuring will never happen until the north says so. I live in sokoto, so i know what I'm talking about. We own the resources in every inch of Nigeria. When it's time to restructure it will be considered. For now, Nigeria is not matured for restructuring
And I share a country with someone like this.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Malawian(m): 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
Operation Crocodile Smile 2 Live in Orile, Lagos. I wa almost picked up right inside my shop by 5-6 Army guys. They even picked up an Igbo guy that sells food in the very restaurant that i ate this morning.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by sirwhyteB(m): 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
From where I stand I can see Buhari's administration in deep mess.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
comshots:
Buratai's properties in dubai,bought with decease soldiers arrears should be closely monitor in case he want to sell them secretly to avoid being confiscated in case he ignores ICC summon to come and answer genocide charges.
Buhari should be arrested in his first aso rock Chatham home,london if he want to for medical holidays.
better don't start building castles in the air over this. It will lead nowhere.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by dotcomnamename: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
[s]
raker300:
By the time Ipob is done with Buhari...he’ll statt speaking Chinese.

Power no be violence

Ipob will show you the pen is mightier than the sword
[/s]

Lol. Another chest beating as usual

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by bros856: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
raker300:
buratai has been currently banned from USA and UK pending investigations..

By the time the investigations are concluded, arrest warrant will be issued.

No be chestbeating my guy..these are actual happenings
MY GUY GO BACK TO SCHOOL SO THAT YOU WILL KNOW WHAT A SOVEREIGN NATION MEANS. HOW CAN A LAWYER IN USA COME SUE NIGERIAN GOVT FOR AN EVENT THAT TOO PLACE IN NIGERIA. WHO WILL ARREST FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. COURT JUDGEMENT IS BASE ON EVIDENCE. SO DOES THE LAWYER HAVE A VIDEOTAPE OF BUHARI & BRUTAI COMMITTING THE CRIME THEY ARE ACCUSE HERE. IGBOS SHOULD CONTINUE TO WASTE THEIR ILL GOTTEN FUNDS.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
whateverkay:

Restructuring will never happen until the north says so. I live in sokoto, so i know what I'm talking about. We own the resources in every inch of Nigeria. When it's time to restructure it will be considered. For now, Nigeria is not matured for restructuring
if holding unto this belief makes you sleep better at night or helps you battle depression or something. Then so be it. to each his own.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by trueorfalse: 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pmb as an evil genius will start planning to opt out of UN or what ever body that puts him under the radar of ICC
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by CrtlAltDel: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
Negotiate:

[s]You be mumu.

So Bruce should go after putin when nobody contacted him?
Olodo.
Even pro Bono cases need the victims to make moves[/s]
Jesus, who do this ipig osu almajiri like this…. You must be Bruce Feck PA to know who and who have contacted him grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5971076_img20170911210833906_jpegc5b007d3d2050d759e01074c8ae3d0bf

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by madridsta007(m): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
SmartyPants:
Why do these people like to waste their time... even if you issue an arrest warrant against PMB and his general, how do you propose to effect that?

Who will you send to arrest them? Nigeria's allies such as the US and UK? OR is it the Biafra National Guard?

Lol.

An arrest warrant is enough for the UN to start considering sanctions against the country.
Like we saw in Abacha's time, sanctions can be extremely crippling.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by SmartyPants(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
madridsta007:

An arrest warrant is enough for the UN to start considering sanctions against the country.

The UN Sec. Council is chock full of Nigeria's allies...

They will never approve any sanctions. Don't even dream of it.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by grodt999: 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
start with George Bush, he killed 1 million Iraqis for no reason.
then work your way up to Donald Trump

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by SmartyPants(m): 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
Something is very off about this story coz in the first place an individual or a group cannot file a case before the ICC...they are not subjects of international criminal law.

Only one of:

1. A recognized state
2. The ICC prosecutor
3. The UN Sec. Council can refer a case to the ICC

So I wonder what pranks are being player here

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by dantewest: 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pigs.

They should remove the log from their eyes and sue Tony Blair, George Bush and co for the illegal invasion of Iraq.

They should sue Obama for indiscriminate use of drones to kill people all over the world.

Bloody PIGS.

IPOB and propaganda are like 5&6

Uncivilised gorillas

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by CrtlAltDel: 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
SmartyPants:
Something is very off about this story coz in the first place an individual or a group cannot file a case before the ICC...they are not subjects of international criminal law.

Only one of:

1. A recognized state
2. The ICC prosecutor

Can I buy you a Drink…. You know book die

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by betterABIAstate: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ipob seem to be smart
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by maasoap(m): 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
US lawyers whose country doesn't believe in ICC and not a member is taking Buhari to ICC! Wonder!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Ramaa(m): 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
FoolIsh act from FooLi$h people....

Let them catch Omar Albashir first.....!!.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by COCKCROW: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
whateverkay:

We love igbos but we hate biafrans. Igbos are patriotic Nigerians while biafrans are treasonous people filled with hate and bile for the Nigerian state

There is no sense in your write up. Igbos equals to Biafra, as Yoruba equals to Oduduwa and Hausa equals to Arewa. Idiots may claim not to be part of Biafra, as it is normal that a mother deny an unborn child by killing the innocent baby. Those idiots are few though their idiotic lives and characters are well displayed every where. 95 percentage of igbos need Biafra. Their not carrying or attending IPOB meetings does not becloud their being part of Biafra as not every Hausa man attend Arewa meetings yet all northerners claim to be Arewa.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Apoztl3(m): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
whateverkay:

No one is dividing anything. The igbo business men in lagos and other parts of Nigeria making their millions dont give a rat ass about biafra. Biafrans are frustrated people brainwashed by nnamdi kanu. We will never let anyone divide Nigeria. Together we stand divided we fall
Who is the "we" pls
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Apoztl3(m): 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
whateverkay:

Presidency will never reach the south east until we are convinced that the level of patriotism in your region is high enough to consider. No one will ever hand over power to seccesionist minded people. It's like a mad man smoking in a gas station
So u can't even give power to SE, not even to the "patriotic igbos" like u earlier stated....

I wish u had sense

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Adduce(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
whateverkay:

We love igbos but we hate biafrans. Igbos are patriotic Nigerians while biafrans are treasonous people filled with hate and bile for the Nigerian state

I actually prefer to read comments and do almost all I can not to comment but ur perpetual ignorance eludes me...IGBOS are BIAFRANS and BIAFRANS are IGBOS .Wheather great or small, fat or thin...they are all the same people wit the same vision. Wheather u agree or not is strictly ur cup of coffe. Don't be deceived by what the POLITICIANS say, for the say one thing and do another behind. The climax is almost at hand and greater ones will rise because its in the heart of the people already even the kids...an ELEPHANT never forgets. Only time will tell the future but it must surely come!!!
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Usernamefornl: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
EternalTruths:

I don't think you know Bruce Fein.

He is an international lawyer.

Buhari is in soup.

I pity the Nigerian Military by the time the case is won against them in court.
as in they go catch buhari n burutai carry go us? Hopelessness has made u guys pathetic. Dsame way u thot trump will restore biaf**.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Usernamefornl: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
sirwhyteB:
From where I stand I can see Buhari's administration in deep mess.

comot frm d potopoto wey u stand n look at it very well.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Yyeske(m): 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
madridsta007:

That is if you have at least one major super power backing you, which of the 5 permanent UN Security Council supports Biafra or IPOB, none.
Britain will veto it.
The US will always side with Britain.
China with her problem with Tibet and Taiwan will veto it.
Russia still trying to reclaim some of those republics they lost eg Crimea from Ukraine will veto it.
France will veto it as well so as not to be seen by Cameroon to be supporting a secessionist group.
Abacha was not in the good books of these world powers and several other western countries and that was why it was easily passed then.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by Yyeske(m): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
SmartyPants:

Only one of:

1. A recognized state
2. The ICC prosecutor

Thank you, I'm already tired of educating these guys about how the ICC operates

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by jaymichael(m): 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
origima:
This lawyer is a complete fool.was Buhari the president when the terrorist was attacked by Nigerian Army? Certainly No but the Sudanese man!!!! Buhari is long dead according IPOBians ,so?
No mind those brainless Igbos, they want Buhari to answer for the 'sins' of Jubrin from Sudan.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by madridsta007(m): 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
Yyeske:
That is if you have at least one major super power backing you, which of the 5 permanent UN Security Council supports Biafra or IPOB, none.
Britain will veto it.
The US will always side with Britain.
China with her problem with Tibet and Taiwan will veto it.
Russia still trying to reclaim some of those republics they lost eg Crimea from Ukraine will veto it.
France will veto it as well so as not to be seen by Cameroon to be supporting a secessionist group.
Abacha was not in the good books of these world powers and several other western countries and that was why it was easily passed then.

We are talking about sanctions from human rights abuses and not a deliberation for referendum, sir. These are two different things. Not sure the "US will always side Britain", sir. This is Trump's America, not Obama's, not Clinton's. Even Britain is not assured of Trump's support as regards BREXIT and certainly Trump did not support Britain in the Bombardier-Boeing current feud.

That said, Nigeria has struggled, unsuccessfully to gain international support of IPOB's proscription, from her West African neighbors let alone the world powers. What Nigeria seem not to understand is that 2017 is not 1967; there is a democratization of media and media sources in 2017. More Americans follow their news on Twitter and Facebook than the traditional mainstream media. If it was in 1967, when there were few and government owned media channels, it would have been easy. Today, it isn't. Enter 'IPOB' on Google and images of Biafra-genocide greets your screen. Enter 'Boko Haram', images of bomb victims and body counts greets your screen. These are serious countries that understand that understand and utilize research.

I understand what the Nigerian regime is trying to do and, if I were President, I probably would have done something similar. However, there are more intelligent and strategic ways to bring a temporal quietude to an ideology.
Re: Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC by str8talk1: 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
whateverkay:

I am a full blooded Biafran

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri / Server Controversy: I Will Open Up Soon, Says INEC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.