Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover (17987 Views)

Hilarious Picture Of Ajimobi And Akala. / Obasanjo Host Tinubu, Mark, Ladoja And Others At His Hilltop Mansion. / Oyo Stood Still For Ladoja And Accordparty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by tomakint: 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Former Oyo State governors, Senator Rashidi Ladoja and Otunba Adebayo Alao- Akala appeared in public together for the first time in years yesterday, swearing to wrest governance of the state from the ruling Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) come 2015.

It was at the inauguration of a 14-man joint committee set up to work out modalities of possible synergy between the Accord Party (AP) led by Ladoja and Alao-Akala’s faction of the divided Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on the 2015 project.

Some among the crowd of their supporters including drummers, women, men and youths that besieged the Bodija, Ibadan residence of Ladoja, venue of the event, openly burst into tears of joy, shouting “Oluwa o seun o, Oluwa o seun o”, (Thank you God)  as the two erstwhile political enemies stepped out of the house beaming with smiles, immediately after the inauguration, to uproarious cheers from the multitude.

Both politicians, who hitherto belonged to PDP, had fallen apart following perceived treacherous role of Akala, who was Ladoja’s deputy, in the infamous impeachment of the Accord Party’s national leader as governor in 2010. The ensuing estrangement polarized the party in the state, resulting in Ladoja breaking away to form the AP and scuttling the reelection bid of Alao-Akala in 2011.

But, as part of ongoing political realignments in the state, the duo have agreed to team up together, particularly after the pact Ladoja’s Accord Party had with Governor Abiola Ajimobi collapsed, with the governor’s sacking of all Accord Party members in his government about two months ago.

Addressing inquisitive newsmen after a closed door meeting with members of the newly inaugurated panel, Senator Ladoja said the committee was raised to explore and work out modalities of possible areas of mutual political relationship, co-operation and integration, to the benefit of the teeming people of the state, particularly ahead of 2015. The committee, which comprised seven nominees each from either camp, has one month to submit its report.

Akala, replying to questions from reporters on what to expect of the coalition in 2015, said with the new development, the days of the ACN in government of the state were numbered. “You know the two of us, you know our antecedents. We are grassroots politicians who connect with and control the people, compared to those playing hi-tech politics. You know our results in the last election. Calculate it and tell me the total. You must know that grassroots politics is different, it’s different from what the person there now is doing.”

The former governor reiterated that the arrangement did not imply joining Accord Party, querying: “When (Bola) Tinubu was romancing Buhari, did he leave ACN, or did (Muhammadu) Buhari quit CPC? Does that answer your question?” Speaking further, Akala lashed out at opponents of the alliance, saying they were threatened by the formidable forces of the two political icons. He said he was working with his former boss for the good of the masses, saying political alignment and realignment was not strange to democracy.

While Ladoja said they had been begging the governor to conduct local government election, Akala challenged Ajimobi to conduct the polls to test his popularity, boasting that he would not win a council if he dared.

Shortly after, Ladoja saw his ally to his waiting vehicle, amid jubilation by the milling crowd.

A political associate of Alao Akala, Mr. Femi Babalola (Jogor) described the rapprochement as “good for Oyo State politics,” and portending “good things for the common man.” The socialite said: “Before now, politics in the state has been static, but now, you are going to see live and energized activity. We don’t need to deceive ourselves we can’t talk about Oyo politics, without Akala and Ladoja. Let’s face it. These are the two people that rule Oyo State. They are the ones that hold the ace and make things happen politically.”

He disagreed that the two politicians were ganging up, against a single man (Governor Ajimobi), which probably underscored the high level of popularity of the latter with the electorate. “They are running not against one man, but joining their efforts together to help the common man, because if we are to face it, I haven’t seen any government in the state since 2011.”

The committee, whose initial membership was jacked up from 10 to 14 has as members: former Attorney General of the state under Ladoja, Chief Bayo Lawal; former state NURTW leader, Alhaji Tawakalitu Abubakrir; Mrs. Adeola Akintola; former Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr Adeolu Adeleke; Mr. Wahab Oyelade; former ALGON Chairman and Director Akala/Arapaja Campaign Organization, Mr. Ademola Ojo and Mr. Yinka Adewuyi.

Others are: A former commissioner under Akala, Kemi Olorunsogo; Dr. Nureni Adeniran; Chief Jacob .G. Adetoro; Wole Opadeye; Wale Ohu; Wahab Gbadeyero and former Chairman of SUBEB, Prof. Soji Adejumo.

The meet was also attended by Akala’s former secretary to the state government, Dele Adigun, Chief Adigun Irawo (Oke Ogun), Dr. Kola Balogun and other former aides, commissioners, local government chairmen, special advisers and grassroots leaders of the two politicians.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-ladoja-akala-vow-to-take-oyo-over/
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
Little too late, bunch of jokers

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Afam4eva(m): 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2013
So Ladoja has forgiven Akala after all he did to him. This just reinforces the saying that in politics there are no permanent friends but interests.

Btw, it seems these guys are giving ACN a taste of their own medicine by forming a merger. But i don't know what these guys have to offer Oyo. Their administration was an embarassment especially that of Akala.

12 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Afam4eva(m): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Obiagelli: Little too late, bunch of jokers
Gba ha nkiti. Achorom ima ni ibu onye isi ni ibu.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Garrithe1st: 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
D . O . A

Dazzall
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by tomakint: 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
One thing is sure on the road to 2015 in Oyo State, it will be hot and messy! As much as I am pleased with Ajimobi's administration, politics in Oyo State (especially in Ibadan) has a lot to do with the grassroots and this is one area Ajimobi is detached from which may likely work against him in 2015! I want to believe neither Ladoja nor Akala will contest in 2015 perhaps they will team up as formidable strongholds and kingmakers in Oyo politics, thereby giving chance to a new face! If their plan is anything short of this, it is Ajimobi all the way cool

5 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
How has that got to do with the thread, why are you questioning my igboness, must every igbo support the pdp or gej or have the same views?

It's really annoying and i might just return to reading without commenting like I have always done before I decided to register

Nka bu okwu aka gi

9 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Garrithe1st: 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
Afam4eva:

She's not Ibo...... Don't tell me you've not known all this while....

cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Afam4eva(m): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
How has that got to do with the thread, why are you questioning my igboness, must every igbo support the pdp or gej or have the same views?

It's really annoying and i might just return to reading without commenting like I have always done before I decided to register

Nka bu okwu aka gi
Lolgrin Don't mind me. i just couldn't resist putting you to a test. Not that there's anything wrong for an Igbo person not supporting Jonathan as me myself, i'm not a Jonathan supporter. I'm a neutral obseever who wants the best for his people(Igbos).
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Operation Wetie

2 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Even a blind person will see clearly that this obagelli girl is not igbo.Her high affinity for anything ypruba is just too much.

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by tomakint: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
babyosisi: Operation Wetie
You just got my prediction right when I said it's going to be 'hot and messy'!
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Lolgrin Don't mind me. i just couldn't resist putting you to a test. Not that there's anything wrong for an Igbo person not supporting Jonathan as me myself, i'm not a Jonathan supporter. I'm a neutral obseever who wants the best for his people(Igbos).
No problem Bro, I pray it comes out right for us (Igbos and Nigeria at large)

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
babyosisi: Operation Wetie
Lol you seem to know much about the SW, saw you bashing them on the achebe-Obama thread
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by musiwa26: 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
. cheesy
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by musiwa26: 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by bcomputer101: 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
The Barking Of Two Dogs Can Never Scare An Elephant...

Toothless Bulldogs!

2 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by dayokanu(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
We Oyo people roundly reject anything that has to do with Akala and PDP

He should carry his "Fanta face Coke leg" to wherever PDP is ruling

5 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
They didn't tell us how much they improved oyo during their administration or how badly ajimobi is doing, all they care about is unsitting him through molete styled grass root politics! Jokers

3 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Mowire: 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
Failure + Failure =
Let's see Oyo people's choice come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by nuclearboy(m): 1:07am On Jun 06, 2013
surely, they shall gather together, but not by me, saith the Lord
Whosoever shall gather for thy sake, shall fall for thy sake

DOA
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by gbanikiti(m): 1:31am On Jun 06, 2013
chukwudi44: Even a blind person will see clearly that this obagelli girl is not igbo.Her high affinity for anything ypruba is just too much.
just like berem too okwa ya? Maybe obiageli is married to a yoruba man just like berem. Smh
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Mogidi: 2:05am On Jun 06, 2013
Oyo moving in the right direction again. Welcome back folks.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by BabaEleko(m): 3:29am On Jun 06, 2013
Awon mejeji oni ku ire. sad sad

7 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: just like berem too okwa ya? Maybe obiageli is married to a yoruba man just like berem. Smh
Ignore him
They even attacked Oby Ezekwesili when she criticised gej, smh
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by naptu2: 7:37am On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: just like berem too okwa ya? Maybe obiageli is married to a yoruba man just like berem. Smh

Please, please, please, pretty please, can you help us here https://www.nairaland.com/869785/whats-happening-lagos-badagry-axis#16015086
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by naptu2: 7:37am On Jun 06, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Awon mejeji oni ku ire. sad sad

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Rhino5dm: 7:41am On Jun 06, 2013
Afam4eva:

What a bigoted toad you are. Imagine this coming from a moderator? smh!!

4 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Rhino5dm: 7:55am On Jun 06, 2013
Which state? DOA!
Even Hasan the cab guy that ferried me from Iwo road to Ring road on Saturday attested to the changes and progress in Oyo State.

Walahi, Everywhere is looking very neat and beautiful. Here are some pictures I took.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Rhino5dm: 8:02am On Jun 06, 2013
tomakint: One thing is sure on the road to 2015 in Oyo State, it will be hot and messy! As much as I am pleased with Ajimobi's administration, politics in Oyo State (especially in Ibadan) has a lot to do with the grassroots and this is one area Ajimobi is detached from which may likely work against him in 2015! I want to believe neither Ladoja nor Akala will contest in 2015 perhaps they will team up as formidable strongholds and kingmakers in Oyo politics, thereby giving chance to a new face! If their plan is anything short of this, it is Ajimobi all the way cool

Stop chatting nonsense using Google search. I was there last week and I did sample opinions from wide range of people I've never met and virtually all of them were well pleased with progress recorded in the state.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by RedReact: 8:06am On Jun 06, 2013
Awon were t'oun digbolugi.
What would Mr Sooyoyo Akara give as his achievement(s) in the state he governed more that any governor else? What would Ladoja say he gave the state during his tenure?
Even if Ajimobi isn't going to be re-elected for second term, I'm pretty sure it's none of these clowns here forming godfathers now.
By the way, Akala was a bastard and has further proved he's a bastardo desperate for power and recognition. Was it not him that said Ladoja was finished politically? Was he not him that an Ibadan politician did not have the audacity to dictate the pace of politics in the state? Was it not the same Akala that said he was far above Ladoja? How come he now saw the need to team up with this same man he ridiculed? The two of them don't know what is doing them at all; awon dopemu agege.
@Tomakint, you mentioned grassroot development as their main focus, the duo spent 8 yrs together as governors of the state. Please point out at any grassroot development either Ladoja or Tura did in their tenure? People are now wise. Even if people were going to vote out the present governor, they won't vote any man these two might come up with. Will you compare security during their time with what we have now? Bro, sleep is different from death.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Rhino5dm: 8:07am On Jun 06, 2013
Lest I forget this mind blowing meal I ate at one buka. Oh, my my!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari’s Government Pays Ex-Militants N2.63bn As Stipends In 2 Months - ICIR / Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested / South-East PDP Demands Atiku’s VP Slot, Party Dismisses Obi’s Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.