Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,646 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Sad Memories Of Slavery As GOOGLE Celebrates Anambra Born Olaudah Equiano- PICS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sad Memories Of Slavery As GOOGLE Celebrates Anambra Born Olaudah Equiano- PICS (3863 Views)

One Dollar Is NOT N184 As Google Suggests / Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist / Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Sad Memories Of Slavery As GOOGLE Celebrates Anambra Born Olaudah Equiano- PICS by abumeinben(m): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
IamLaura:

Nope that's where ur wrong.
Slavery actually took place in those places you termed as "landlocked" regions,they were captured and driven to the coastal areas before being put on those ships.
Mind you those pple you referred to as coming from "landlocked" regions have deep historical practices and links with their stolen brothers in the carribeans.
Research on the Igbo landing in USA,"jokunnu masquerade" in Jamaica and the carribean and the "obeah spirituality"
Not everyone is ignorant on this forum.

Thanks bro for this.

However, I used "majorly" in referring to the coastals.

Plus, there was no sense of "badmouthing" any region in my post. Benin isn't coastal. Neither is On state. If you check, most of the eastern slaves were of Anambra origin, Lagos for southwest, South South the Binis.

Haven't heard any from North, the landlocked, actually.
Re: Sad Memories Of Slavery As GOOGLE Celebrates Anambra Born Olaudah Equiano- PICS by IamLaura(f): 6:28am On Oct 18, 2017
abumeinben:

Thanks bro for this.

However, I used "majorly" in referring to the coastals.

Plus, there was no sense of "badmouthing" any region in my post. Benin isn't coastal. Neither is On state. If you check, most of the eastern slaves were of Anambra origin, Lagos for southwest, South South the Binis.

Haven't heard any from North, the landlocked, actually.
Ok I understand you now.
Btw I'm a Lady not a "bro" cheesy
Re: Sad Memories Of Slavery As GOOGLE Celebrates Anambra Born Olaudah Equiano- PICS by abumeinben(m): 10:11am On Oct 18, 2017
IamLaura:

Ok I understand you now.
Btw I'm a Lady not a "bro" cheesy

My bad!

Sorry ma!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jubril Al-sudani Smuggled Into South Africa In The Company Of Cuban Doctors / Chikwe Udensi: Electoral Act Will End Fraudulent Practices At Collation Centres / How To Validate NIN Free ( National Identification Number)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.