Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,479 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Hi, I am New Here - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hi, I am New Here (1086 Views)

Hi I 'm New , Presentation +18 / I Am New Pls Wlc Me. / Hi I Am New And I Just Want To Be Cool With Everybody. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi, I am New Here by LeMoor(m): 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2005
I am new here and I want to commend you on doing a good job.

I noticed most of the topics here are geared towards the people[b] living in Nigeria[/b]. (e.g programs on AIT, NTA). Is it possibe to make the topics a little more universally accepted? That way those of us who are Nigerians but do not reside in Nigeria will be able to join in and make our contributions.

My 2cents.
Re: Hi, I am New Here by Pinky(f): 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2005
we have so many topics on this forum that are universal.. navigate through the pages.... u re welcome
Re: Hi, I am New Here by LeMoor(m): 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2005
Thanks for ur response. But I wasnt talking about the forum in general..

Why do you think I opened the topic in the Movies section?
I meant the TV/Movies section
Re: Hi, I am New Here by mosiate(f): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2005
Le Moor, there are some tv program forum that are not only for those people in nigeria for example the jerrry springer show and besides AIT and NTA are on DSTV,and if i'm right DSTV can be viewed anywhere in the world.

Moreover,there are some other interesting topics that is meant for everybody inrespectiful of where you are,be it nigeria or not,feel free ,you're at home.
Re: Hi, I am New Here by demmy(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2005
Le Moor all you have to do is start a universally accepted thread and we'll join you in the discussion.
Re: Hi, I am New Here by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2005
Welcome to the Nairaland Forum, Le Moor.

This forum is primarily for Nigerians living in Nigeria, and that is why most of the topics are about issues that matter within Nigeria. The Nairaland founder realised that while there are a lot of 'Nigerian' sites (including blogs and forums) out there, very few of them are able to satisfy the needs of the approximately 150 million Nigerians of us living within the country.

So in spite of our love for Nigerians everywhere, we would definitely not sacrifice the interests of those who are in Nigeria for the sake of those living outside the country.

However, there are some Nigerians in the diaspora who really seem to care about what's going on within Nigeria. Some of them are our most regular posters and Nairaland is a home away from home for them. I hope you fall into this category!

There is no shame in being a member of two different forums and using the one that is more appropriate for the issue you want to discuss. I hope to read more from you as this site marches forward.

1 Like

Re: Hi, I am New Here by LeMoor(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2005
Seun, I appreciate your response. It is quite enlightening as a response should be.

Your response just highlighted the primary focus of the forum (Nigerians living in Nigeria), so I understand better. I notice, some might feel I am taking a dig at the site. I am not. I actually think it is good.

My comment was in reference to the TV/Movie section alone, since I couldn't relate to half the topics. Just thought to bring it to your notice. I have not insinuated and neither do I wish that you should sacrifice anyones interest for another, hence my use of the word "universal".

In reference to the board in general, I think you are doing a good job and and it is cool. Thanks once more for your response Seun

Demmy, I would love to start a Universal topic sometime. But definitely not before I have a good look around and understand the mood and the temperament of the board.
Re: Hi, I am New Here by solo2(m): 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2005
Hi le Moor,
You are welcome to nairaland forum for Nigerians any where in the world to talk about topic that bother Nigerians.
You can always join the forum and share your ideas anytime you are on this site,
Re: Hi, I am New Here by legry(m): 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2005
Come on in Le Moor, join the crew of Nairaland and have everlasting peace my guy. But (my head bent low and my face very close to the screen like I'm whispering to you) there are some very strange people in here and I think that they think that I think that I know or think that they think that some people here are looneys.

But (shaking my head) have no fear my friend we are all sane people here and you would love the Naija about us. Peace to the people. (facing the ceiling and laughing like a man gone gaga) Please come on in!
Re: Hi, I am New Here by Seun(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2005
legry: laughing like a man gone gaga
'gaga' - silly, crazy. Judging by the content of your last post, one would come to the same conclusion. Hope it's not Gulder (GUS)? wink (just kidding, I know it was deliberate and meant to be humorous).

1 Like

Re: Hi, I am New Here by Hunter(m): 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2005
I'm not nigerian and don't live in nigeria but I still find it ok to relate to most of the posts (some I leave because I have no idea what's going on)
Re: Hi, I am New Here by Orrie: 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2005
Hey, I don't live in Nigeria but I watch Nigerian Stations and I just think everything they do on this stations are generally boring. Talking adout DSTVv, sometimes it works, and some other time they just scramble the whole thing now what is that?

The stuff shown on Nigerian stations are bad & they give too much information to the outside world that is so disgusting. Let the press try & put their aim towards d young people and not only the old ones because the whole thing just bores me. Can't Nigeria have a Movie station like Movie Magic? As I know, we have Nollywood but no one is publicizing them.
Re: Hi, I am New Here by jogego(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2005
welcome on board..... Le moor..... I hope its not Alamu that you have funkified to Le Moor oh tongue
Re: Hi, I am New Here by LeMoor(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2005
Infact..
I love this place already...
gaga..thanks..
Jogego...
Le Moor is The Black one. As I am black and proud

Thanks everyone for ur welcome
Re: Hi, I am New Here by Allenpowered(m): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2005
Le Moor u mean like the Moor in Shakespeare

Well how black can u be...as black as mi grandma's charcoal pot...have a great time and be cool... cool cool
Re: Hi, I am New Here by whizkid(f): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2005
Yippie!I am new here too, just wondering do I start a new thread to announce my presence? grin
Re: Hi, I am New Here by herrry(m): 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2005
Hey ya,

I'm new here; you are all welcome to my world of popehood because I'm gonna be the youngest pope in the world. Please don't mind me; you can call me on this number: +2348030646761.

Welcome to my world.
Re: Hi, I am New Here by justdman(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2005
Not new any more but, damn it, I'm proud to associate with nairaland. Just hope the naira will start flowing in too, i mean pounds.
Re: Hi, I am New Here by eveseh(f): 11:44pm On May 20, 2006
welcum
Re: Hi, I am New Here by libra101(m): 3:55am On Nov 16, 2007
i'm new here too,but i need sum people 2 show me the hot spots here.

(1) (Reply)

Me And My Neighbour / Happy Birthday Pataki And Jkpretty! / Soludo's Signature On New =n=10 Polymer Note: Where Is Gov. Sanusi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.