Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States (28485 Views)

Minimum Wage: FG In Dilemma Over Inadequate Budgetary Allocation To Pay N30,000 / Ekiti 2018: FG Withholding Allocation To Favour Fayemi - PDP / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [6th September, 2017]. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by hooklover: 10:11am On Oct 17, 2017
From my estimate south south states reciever over 50billion from the stats.
The entire north has recieve close to 45billuon Maura.

Yet we don't have anything to show for it...

Yet we believe the North is collecting more and need more of their share...

Just imagine 6 southsouth states collect more than entire northern states. Yes we keep complaining..

I think we have a problem of greed at the highest level in the southwest..

4 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by maasoap(m): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2017
SNIPER123:
State of Osun should be merged with Oyo State cheesy
Thank you. We will get out of this mess one day. No be your fault, na Aregbe's fault. He was carried away while accumulating debt.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by maasoap(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2017
hooklover:

Just imagine 6 southsouth states collect more than entire northern states. Yes we keep complaining..

I was enjoying your comment and analysis until the last statement. I don't get it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by Lordave: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2017
There's no Abia State or my eyes are getting faulty?

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by PeeDaVinci: 10:15am On Oct 17, 2017
Dont be deceived by the state allocation - states only get 26% of the revenue, and federal govt gets 56% and can spend this 56% disproportionately on a region as it deems it fit.
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by emmyN(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2017
If this is for real, then EFCC needs to wade into Delta State ASAP, cos Mr Governor still owes backlog of salaries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by oz4real83(m): 10:18am On Oct 17, 2017
Dedetwo:
The lofty gesture directed to states such as Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa is to lure them into miserable sleep so that they can sheepishly stay with silly union. Imagine the funds idiotically lavished on the northern states for being parasites are very painful. If the so-called Gulf States in Arabian peninsula were forced into union as Nigerians, the so-called Dubai would have never materialized.
I am ashamed of what u just wrote. I am a Niger-deltan. Some of us in Niger-delta are so jealous and concerned with what other regions are receiving and became blind to what our leaders are doing with our share of the allocations! Delta,akwa ibom,rivers and bayelsa received such huge allocations monthly but we are still undeveloped and living in poverty. Edo is even trying better than these states despite receiving smaller allocations.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by SNIPER123: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2017
maasoap:

Thank you. We will get out of this mess one day. No be your fault, na Aregbe's fault. He was carried away while accumulating debt.
Sorry don't take it personal grin
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by Lordave: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2017
adeblow:
Guys, I've read comments, u guys should not forget that it was the proceeds of agriculture (groundnut pyramids and cocoa) that were extracted and reinvested in building refineries.
The profits from oil were never reinvested in agriculture.
Please go and read from history.
Groundnut pyramids and cocoa proceeds only were used to build the refineries? What happened to Palm oil and Coal proceeds?

You're a mischievous one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by Pernyu: 10:24am On Oct 17, 2017
Bayelsa State Government still owes arrears of salaries. I wonder what Gov Seriake Dickson does with these fat allocations.He just got 10billion for september. He will squander it on frivolities and tell bayelsans that Buhari is the problem of the country. I tire for that Man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by val4o: 10:29am On Oct 17, 2017
beautyoftheLord:
Seriously Taraba dey carry pass Cross River state? Abeg restructure this God damn country or better still split it.

Please did anyone notice....Abia is not on that list
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by osusuallstars: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2017
None was allocated to Abia? Or was it used to fund python dance and the proposed '' army deradicalization owanbe '' white elephant programme?
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by Enugupikin: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2017
eodavids:
Cross River?

Isn't this state an oil producing state?
nop..not any longer...its oil wells in bakassi peninsula ha been giving to Cameroon by international court
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by Torylanez(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2017
beautyoftheLord:
Seriously Taraba dey carry pass Cross River state? Abeg restructure this God damn country or better still split it.

Wetin cross river de return to the centre? Tell us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by Torylanez(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2017
eodavids:
Cross River?
No

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by Avatarmodest(m): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2017
make every state independent on its own. You cnt eat up other people's sweat while you're lazying around.
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by seguno2: 10:49am On Oct 17, 2017
diana158:
Here is what each Nigeria State got as Allocation for the month of september. #Mynd44

Can we also have the breakdown of CONTRIBUTIONS to the federation account by each of the 36 states
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by Ochinex(m): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2017
eodavids:
Cross River?

The Niger Delta is the delta of the
Niger River sitting directly on the Gulf of Guinea on the Atlantic Ocean in
Nigeria .[1] It is typically considered to be located within nine coastal southern Nigerian states, which include: all six states from the South South geopolitical zone, one state (Ondo ) from South West geopolitical zone and two states (Abia and Imo ) from South East geopolitical zone. Of all the states that the region covers, only Cross River is not an oil-producing state.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by guccitype(m): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2017
Where is Abia state?
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by seguno2: 10:56am On Oct 17, 2017
baybeeboi:
Have you checked how much was deposited with the federation account by each state?

You'd be surprised the federal government even gave back to cross river plus bonus.

Taraba has i think the biggest yam market in Nigeria plus other agricultural produce and as well fishing. Dont underate them and dont overate cross river either

Please educate us on how much Taraba state contributes to the federation account from yam and other agricultural produce as well as fishing sales. Is it through VAT, sales taxes or income tax of the individual farmers or corporate marketers
Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by gabe: 10:56am On Oct 17, 2017
Dedetwo:
The lofty gesture directed to states such as Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa is to lure them into miserable sleep so that they can sheepishly stay with silly union. Imagine the funds idiotically lavished on the northern states for being parasites are very painful. If the so-called Gulf States in Arabian peninsula were forced into union as Nigerians, the so-called Dubai would have never materialized.
Bayelsa owes teachers almost 1 year salaries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by musa7m(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2017
diana158:
Here is what each Nigeria State got as Allocation for the month of september. #Mynd44
why I no see abia state in list? Or is it my eye?
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by gabe: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2017
PeeDaVinci:
Dont be deceived by the state allocation - states only get 26% of the revenue, and federal govt gets 56% and can spend this 56% disproportionately on a region as it deems it fit.
don't forget FG has a fed. Civil service to run with an army, a national police force, a network of federal roads to build and maintain, a presidency with ministers and special advisers to pay and several projects scattered nationwide including federal housing, railways and power stations+dams etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by persius555(m): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2017
Why is Lagos with as much as 20 million population getting just 8 billion when states with less than 4 million population get as much as 7 billion.

The four South South states are a huge disappoint.

Damn, we are screwed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by ProEnergy: 11:09am On Oct 17, 2017
why is Abia not on the list?
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by AreaFada2: 11:12am On Oct 17, 2017
hucienda:
Feeding bottle republic ...
More like life support or artificial ventilation machine Republic . grin cheesy
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by AdeizaPaul: 11:12am On Oct 17, 2017
hooklover:

Errrrm, sorry sir but how?
Can’t you see the SW is actually recieving one of the lowest (if not the lowest) allocation in the entire federation, viz-a-viz population?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by patrickmuf(m): 11:14am On Oct 17, 2017
Atouke:

Cross river has a lot of debt same with osun. Their debt is deducted at source hence the low amount.
Very correct, unfortunately, they are so many idiots here peddling half truths...
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by frankoben(m): 11:14am On Oct 17, 2017
Is dis where Gov. Rochakororo got the funding for Jacob Zuma's statue project? undecided grin
Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by emsheddy(m): 11:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Truckpusher:
What has our Governors in the Niger Delta done with all the fat allocations we've been getting ?

One day they must answer this question by any means necessary.
make we dey fool ourselves dey focus on FG nau! Instead of holding our useless Governors accountable! This country is all shades of bad! Okowa so after collecting 14billion you still get mind increase Delsu acceptance fee to 31k and 81k for non professional and professional courses respectively! As if being a Nigerian is not enough, I ended up as a deltan!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of September 2017 Allocation To The 36 States by emsheddy(m): 11:22am On Oct 17, 2017
obailala:

If only Niger Delta militants can nack correct akpako ontop the heads of Niger Delta governors who currently receive the largest allocations by far but only use the funds to party with oloshos, I guess that would be a more honourable 'first' thing to do. With the marginally higher allocation going to those states, there's really no reason ehy they should be less developed than some other states with much lower allocations. Just imagine a state like Bayelsa with the least population in the region, but they still owe salaries. Even Delta with the largest allocation still owes primary school teachers.

But then again, the so called militants are only after their pockets, most are even sponsored by the same state governors.
I should buy you a chilled beer sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ossy Prestige's Body Received By Family Members, APGA Leaders (Pics, Video) / Pictures Of Supporters At Peter Obi/Labor Party Rally In Benue / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.