Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Meet Musawenkosi Saurombe, Africa’s Youngest Female PHD Holder - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Musawenkosi Saurombe, Africa’s Youngest Female PHD Holder (527 Views)

Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / Africa's Youngest PhD Holder Is From Ekiti, in Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Musawenkosi Saurombe, Africa’s Youngest Female PHD Holder by sunky97: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
23 years old Musawenkosi Saurombe, is Africa’s youngest female PHD degree holder. She was born in Zimbabwe but grew up in neighboring Botswana. She gained admission into the university at age 16 after skipping a grade in elementary school to pursue a Bachelor’s degree at North-West University. At 19, Saurombe completed her first degree, advancing immediately to her post-graduate studies and receiving a Master’s degree with distinction at the age of 21. She graduated with a Ph.D. in Industrial Psychology from South Africa’s North-West University (NWU). Her PhD thesis looked into the talent value propositions for academic staff members in higher education. And it was recently admitted by NWU, making her the youngest person to graduate with a PhD.

Saurombe presently works as a postdoctoral fellow at the university’s campus in Mahikeng, where she is responsible for the teaching and supervision of postgraduate students. Notwithstanding her busy schedule as a teacher and researcher, Saurombe finds time for community service, mentoring young people, especially girls, to set their sights on the future and believe that they can be absolutely anything they want to be.

She said,
”If I had listened to what people will say about my age, gender, or race, I would not have taken some of the steps that I took. My father had to sell his car just to get me through my third year of study and also the general social challenges, usually being the youngest in my class. I never thought I will be the youngest woman to have a Ph.D. in Africa. I never thought that at the age of 23, I will have a Ph.D. in Industrial Psychology. As young people, it is very important to accrue the right character traits. Don’t let anyone tell you that you are substandard, under par, or unworthy of having a dream, so be daring, be bold, and be aggressive in your pursuit of success. I am defined by my African name ‘Musawenkosi’, which means ‘God’s grace’, and indeed my life continues to be a story of God’s grace.”

http://tellmystory.com.ng/meet-musawenkosi-saurombe-africas-youngest-female-phd-holder/

Re: Meet Musawenkosi Saurombe, Africa’s Youngest Female PHD Holder by DanseMacabre(m): 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2017
My dear, just leave all this story. Just thank God you weren't born in Nigeria (where lecturer go tell you for inaugural class koro koro say you no fit make A for him course, not to talk of ASUU strike wey go elongate your stay by two years cumulatively), and continue your life.

Only a non-Nigerian could achieve this feat.

P.S Buhari will never never never never go unpunished.
Re: Meet Musawenkosi Saurombe, Africa’s Youngest Female PHD Holder by Homeboiy: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
And south African will be saying their country is corrupt

(1) (Reply)

Top 12 Things To Do Before Seeking. Admission Into Any University / Overcoming Depression / Top 10 Best Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.