Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder (1919 Views)

See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech / The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
(1) Hallucinations - the person has invisible friends who (s)he insists are real, and to whom (s)he speaks daily, even though nobody can actually see or hear these friends

(2) Delusions - the patient believes that the invisible person has magical powers to make them rich, cure cancer, bring about world peace, and will do so eventually if asked.

(3) Denial/Inability to learn - though the requests for world peace remain unanswered, even after hundreds of years, the patients persist with the praying behavior, each time expecting different results

(4) Inability to distinguish fantasy from reality - the beliefs are contingent upon ancient mythology being accepted as historical fact.

(5) Paranoia - the belief that anyone who does not share their supernatural concept of reality is "evil," "the devil," "an agent of Satan"

(6) Emotional abuse - ­ religious concepts such as sin, hell, cause feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and other types of emotional "baggage" which can scar the psyche for life

(7) Violence - many patients insist that others should share in their delusions, even to the extent of using harassment and violence.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by shabalistic: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
(1) Hallucinations - the person has invisible friends who (s)he insists are real, and to whom (s)he speaks daily, even though nobody can actually see or hear these friends

(2) Delusions - the patient believes that the invisible person has magical powers to make them rich, cure cancer, bring about world peace, and will do so eventually if asked.

(3) Denial/Inability to learn - though the requests for world peace remain unanswered, even after hundreds of years, the patients persist with the praying behavior, each time expecting different results

(4) Inability to distinguish fantasy from reality - the beliefs are contingent upon ancient mythology being accepted as historical fact.

(5) Paranoia - the belief that anyone who does not share their supernatural concept of reality is "evil," "the devil," "an agent of Satan"

(6) Emotional abuse - ­ religious concepts such as sin, hell, cause feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and other types of emotional "baggage" which can scar the psyche for life

(7) Violence - many patients insist that others should share in their delusions, even to the extent of using harassment and violence.
You are damn right
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by FisifunKododada: 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
THANK GOD, MY CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION...#KNOWTHETRUTH!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
if Christainity is not a religion, what is it?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
CHRISTIANITY IS THE LIFE OF GOD IN THE SOUL OF MAN...CHRISTIANITY IS CHRIST LIVING HIS GLORIOUS LIFE IN AND THROUGH US...CHRISTIANITY IS GOD WORKING IN US AND NOT WE WORKING FOR HIM...

RELIGION PREACHES: YOU HAVE TO THRIVE TO PLEASE GOD, BUT CHRISTIANITY PREACHES WE ARE PLEASING TO HIM THROUGH CHRIST...

RELIGION PREACHES STRESS, BUT CHRISTIANITY PROCLAIMS REST FOR ALL..JUST, SPOT THE DIFFERENCE. PEACE!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by sesaan(m): 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
NIGERIANS ARE GETTING WISER DAY BY DAY ..HAPPY AM AN ATHEIST

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by hopefulLandlord: 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2017
Jesuschrist419:

a sport

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 12:18am On Oct 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 12:20am On Oct 17, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
CHRISTIANITY IS THE LIFE OF GOD IN THE SOUL OF MAN...CHRISTIANITY IS CHRIST LIVING HIS GLORIOUS LIFE IN AND THROUGH US...CHRISTIANITY IS GOD WORKING IN US AND NOT WE WORKING FOR HIM...

RELIGION PREACHES: YOU HAVE TO THRIVE TO PLEASE GOD, BUT CHRISTIANITY PREACHES WE ARE PLEASING TO HIM THROUGH CHRIST...

RELIGION PREACHES STRESS, BUT CHRISTIANITY PROCLAIMS REST FOR ALL..JUST, SPOT THE DIFFERENCE. PEACE!
I repeat myself again, is Christian not a religion in Nigeria? If it's not religion what is it
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 12:21am On Oct 17, 2017
sesaan:
hahahahahaha grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Martinez19(m): 4:10am On Oct 17, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
Nonsense. Get a good dictionary and look up the meaning of the word religion, then come and tell me if christianity is a religion or not. Mtewwwwwww undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Martinez19(m): 4:10am On Oct 17, 2017
Nice, spot on! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Martinez19(m): 4:12am On Oct 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Martinez19:
Nonsense. Get a good dictionary and look up the meaning of the word religion, then come and tell me if christianity is a religion or not. Mtewwwwwww undecided
WHAT DOES THE WORLD KNOW? THE WORLD SAYS SEEING IS BELIEVING, WHY A HIGHER KNOWLEDGE SAYS BELIEVING IS SEEING...

THE WORLD IS LIVING IN DELUSION AND IGNORANCE..#KNOWTHETRUTH...#EMBRACETHETRUTH. PEACE!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
I repeat myself again, is Christian not a religion in Nigeria? If it's not religion what is it
THE WORLD MIGHT TERM IT A RELIGION..BUT, THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT A RELIGION...#KNOWTHETRUTH! PEACE!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 10:43am On Oct 17, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
THE WORLD MIGHT TERM IT A RELIGION..BUT, THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT A RELIGION...#KNOWTHETRUTH! PEACE!
how old are you? So you don't know if Christianity is a religion or not? What a pity sad
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 10:47am On Oct 17, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
WHAT DOES THE WORLD KNOW? THE WORLD SAYS SEEING IS BELIEVING, WHY A HIGHER KNOWLEDGE SAYS BELIEVING IS SEEING...

THE WORLD IS LIVING IN DELUSION AND IGNORANCE..#KNOWTHETRUTH...#EMBRACETHETRUTH. PEACE!
believing is seeing? So if i don't believe in God i want experience god in my life? What a deluded quote!!!!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by akintom(m): 10:47am On Oct 17, 2017
Jesuschrist419:

Chronic mental disorder!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
believing is seeing? So if i don't believe in God i want experience god in my life? What a deluded quote!!!!
WHY WILL YOU EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU DON'T BELIEVE?... IS A DELUDED QUOTE TO YOU, BUT TO MANY WHO ARE OF GOD, IT WILL MAKE SENSE TO THEM.SHALOM!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
how old are you? So you don't know if Christianity is a religion or not? What a pity sad
IN CHRIST JESUS, I AM FROM ETERNITY.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by obinna58(m): 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
So true
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
akintom:

Chronic mental disorder!
cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jesuschrist419:

Evolution also qualifies as a religion, no? undecided

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Way to go! cheesy

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
sesaan:

Yeah, right. undecided

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jesuschrist419:

Jesus is my Saviour not my religion. cool

Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Way to go! cheesy
BROS, HOW FAR?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BROS, HOW FAR?
grin Afa my brother in Christ
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
grin Afa my brother in Christ
I DEY KAMPE IN CHRIST...HOW UR DAY?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder by Jesuschrist419: 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
I DEY KAMPE IN CHRIST...HOW UR DAY?
grin fine boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities 2020 / God Without Religion / Your Words Determine Your Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.