Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him (2491 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe With His Car In 1959 (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 11:03am On Oct 27, 2017
igbodefender:

Nobody is crying foul. What's done is done. But we all know what happened, even though we sometimes pretend we don't-Zik won the 1951 Western Region elections.

The carpet crossing denied him the mandate the Great Yoruba People gave him. And I shall always respect the Yoruba's for that, whatever you may say.

He won election in Lagos constituency. It was not a presidential system. The parliament is responsible for electing the premier. They took what they thought what they thought was the best decision for the people and we have never regretted it.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Ofemannnu: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2017
T9ksy:

Yeah, you mean ibo revisionists.

I was reading your comment yesternight on page 4.This morning it is back to page 0.Was I dreaming.Pls sir,explain .
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Ofemannnu: 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
loveth360:
you escape the slavery of azikiwe and his people and trapped inside hausafulani slavery.what a run away from scorpion and run to snake.
So if you are opportuned to rule over Nigeria today..we that we are not ruling are your slaves.Unfortunately,Igbos have not had executive president like the Yorubas,Hausas and Ijaws...this makes them slaves and they believe nobody wants to vote for slaves except they have the balls to
take power forcefully but it is a fixed knowledge that Igbos have no balls but have slave mentalities...ask ojuku.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Rotimik: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why Igbos are always saying that they are dominating a place just because one of their own got elected there.

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
rlauncher:

He won election in Lagos constituency. It was not a presidential system. The parliament is responsible for electing the premier. They took what they thought what they thought was the best decision for the people and we have never regretted it.

A Plan B decision that denied the Yoruba people there electoral choice- Zik. The Yoruba know why they in their wisdom decided to vote in Zik's group.

And we all know why Action Group convinced Zik's allies to carpet cross after Zik's group had won.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2017
Rotimik:
I don't understand why Igbos are always saying that they are dominating a place just because one of their own got elected there.
As long as the paramount ruler is a Yoruba, you have nothing to fear.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Doncharis(m): 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
I see a post from a tribalistic bigot full of hate.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2017
igbodefender:

A Plan B decision that denied the Yoruba people there electoral choice- Zik. The Yoruba know why they in their wisdom decided to vote in Zik's group.

And we all know why Action Group convinced Zik's allies to carpet cross after Zik's group had won.

I have never seen nor met anyone in Yorubaland who supported Zik becoming premier. Just because he won election in his Lagos constituency does not amount to winning election in all of Yorubaland.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Rotimik: 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
Doncharis:
I see a post from a tribalistic bigot full of hate.

Your opinion. He is setting the record straight.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by ENG1110: 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
rlauncher:

You call others slaves because you have a slave mentality

I don't understand them at all, every partnership is slavery to them. And the truth is that, west has never aligned with north until 2015. It's always north and east. And they call Yorubas the slave
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by T9ksy(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2017
ENG1110:

I don't understand them at all, every partnership is slavery to them. And the truth is that, west has never aligned with north until 2015. It's always north and east. And they call Yorubas the slave

In the psychoanalysis realm, their case is a classic example of "transference"- whereby every despicable trait they abhor in themselves they unconsciously project onto their archenemy.

I mean, despite the way the northerners slaughtered them in 1945 and 1953, they fell over backward to jump into bed with them in 1960 as a junior partner SLAVE.

Again in july 1966, after their revenge coup, the same northerners still went ahead and progromised their sorry a.r.s.e.s. In fact their runaway cantankerous, orangutan look-alike general told them the northerners were hell bent on annihilating them all off the face of the earth and as such their Biafra chant was in actual fact, a fight for survival but what transpired barely 9 year after the civil war? they readily jumped into bed, taking a submissive posture for the same northerners to ravage their behind.

It's on record that their obnoxious warlord came back from exile to sit at the same table with the same folks he claimed were poised to obliterate their sorry existence.

Yet they have the audacity to brazenly refer to others as northern slaves.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
rlauncher:

I have never seen nor met anyone in Yorubaland who supported Zik becoming premier. Just because he won election in his Lagos constituency does not amount to winning election in all of Yorubaland.

Because you were not born in those days.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Amah70: 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
Azikiwe was the most shortsighted Igbo man.

His fellow Igbos have been looking for the drug called: Zik-disease-Cure since 1966.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by rlauncher(m): 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
igbodefender:

Because you were not born in those days.

What are you talking about. I'm a Yorubaman, raised in Yorubaland. I do not belong to the generation not exposed to our history.
Re: Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2017
rlauncher:

Are you now discriminating against Lagos? Lagos is part of Yoruba Land, so let's not sound as if it isn't.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AKSG PAYS JUNE 2018 SALARY DESPITE FAAC MEETING ENDING IN DEADLOCK. / Rivers APC Crisis: Amaechi Loses As Supreme Court Adjourns Case Till March 8th / PDP Chairman, Mkpat Enin In Akwa Ibom Arrested With Over 200 Pvcs And A Gun. Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.