Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Mileage Milestone - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mileage Milestone (4040 Views)

What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? / How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? / Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mileage Milestone by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 31, 2017
diportivo:

Memorable Mileage Milestone

on ur 100th birthday

that's much more than being memorable grin
I agree. When you drive in Lagos, that'd be wishful thinking wink

1 Like

Re: Mileage Milestone by nakoks(m): 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
diportivo:
so I cornered gazzuzz's Toyota avensis for the weekend and beyond grin

it was to go to the painter's but it had to come with me by all means on Saturday

it really isn't a big deal but this morning it hit a mileage milestone of 300000km shocked

and then I ask.........

do we av peeps with 300k mileage on here that can show it too?

how many times did you ring/overhaul yours before it got to the 300k mark?

gazzuzz still uses synthetic oil on this ride.....dem born ur ride well to reach this mileage without mineral oil? grin
I got 305k miles on a 96 Honda Accord so make i go climb tree abi?Dont even question the maintenance cos even gazzuz go fear.Some people craze for genuine parts to the extent of ordering from japan.

the floor is open wink
Re: Mileage Milestone by nakoks(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
I got 305k miles on a 96 Honda Accord so make i go climb tree abi?Dont even question the maintenance cos even gazzuz go fear.Some people craze for genuine parts to the extent of ordering from japan.

2 Likes

Re: Mileage Milestone by Deprofessional(m): 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
Readonee35L:
300k km is peanut.
I actually thought it was miles.

This is the odometer reading of a 2014 Sienna with 333,033 Miles.
You'd wonder how this was covered in only 3years.
smiley

Please do you know which is in miles and which is km?
Re: Mileage Milestone by diportivo: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2017
[quote author=nakoks post=61975936][/quote]

climb the tree

if u can't hold on and u fall,shikena

my reason for the thread isn't to brag....its to know how ppl maintain there's and how easy it is/was

u had to foul what wld av been a flawless comment with ur tree climbing jab undecided

I repeat

climb to the summit Sir
Re: Mileage Milestone by nakoks(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
diportivo:

climb the tree

if u can't hold on and u fall,shikena

my reason for the thread isn't to brag....its to know how ppl maintain there's and how easy it is/was

u had to foul what wld av been a flawless comment with ur tree climbing jab undecided

I repeat

climb to the summit Sir
If you see "climb tree" as jab then i say you have a low threshold for humour.I dont have strength.

1 Like

Re: Mileage Milestone by Mrtesso: 1:13am On Mar 18, 2018
see mileage...and pricing
Re: Mileage Milestone by Mrtesso: 1:17am On Mar 18, 2018
Mrtesso:

Re: Mileage Milestone by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2018
Mrtesso:

That vehicle must have been used for deliveries shocked shocked
Re: Mileage Milestone by Mrtesso: 7:34am On Mar 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

That vehicle must have been used for deliveries shocked shocked

Like between Minnesota and Georgia?

approximately
364'428 miles 》586'490 kilometres

on a 4cylinder engine. Those people get mind sha.

The car is still looking juicy.

Re: Mileage Milestone by valarinz: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2018
[quote author=Mrtesso post=65931132][/quote]

Person no tamper mileage = problem

Person tamper mileage = problem

I sha tire for Nigerians sha

1 Like

Re: Mileage Milestone by Mrtesso: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2018
valarinz:

Person no tamper mileage = problem

Person tamper mileage = problem

I sha tire for Nigerians sha

Chairman, the thread is actually extolling mileage milestones. This is a high mileage on a 4cylinder engine and I find it fascinating.

With all due respect my Chair, the argument about Tampering mileage has been won time over. So frankly it's not even a subject for discussion and definitely not on this thread.

I did mention pricing. Yes! Unless the seller is selling with a new engine, that price is high. No one is buying that car to make deliveries with. I doubt that anyone will pay 7.5m to buy that car for E-hailing. And only a novice, will acquire it for private use at that price. UNLESS like Diportivo one wants an experimental car and intends to run the engine is till it clocks 999,999, that will make sense but definitely not at that price.

Likely it still runs on synthetic oil which is fine, but then it's arrived Nigeria. And at that mileage, that heralds the beginning of the end of that engine. Unless of course, Diportivo actually buys it. Dipo sir, will u buy it at 7.5m?
Re: Mileage Milestone by valarinz: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2018
Mrtesso:

Chairman, the thread is actually extolling mileage milestones. This is a high mileage on a 4cylinder engine and I find it fascinating.

With all due respect my Chair, the argument about Tampering mileage has been won time over. So frankly it's not even a subject for discussion and definitely not on this thread.

I did mention pricing. Yes! Unless the seller is selling with a new engine, that price is high. No one is buying that car to make deliveries with. I doubt that anyone will pay 7.5m to buy that car for E-hailing. And only a novice, will acquire it for private use at that price. UNLESS like Diportivo one wants an experimental car and intends to run the engine is till it clocks 999,999, that will make sense but definitely not at that price.

Likely it still runs on synthetic oil which is fine, but then it's arrived Nigeria. And at that mileage, that heralds the beginning of the end of that engine. Unless of course, Diportivo actually buys it. Dipo sir, will u buy it at 7.5m?

You're now trying to divert the talk back to others issues of synthetic oil or extolling mileage and so on.

Your comment which I quoted was short and precise "see mileage....and pricing". You already passed your message which In summary implies there's a direct correlation between mileage and pricing, hence only a low mileage price should command good prices.

Now I replied u by implying that if this man tampers this mileage so he'll sell for the price he wants, you guys complain, now he's left it the way it is(which is what u guys have been preaching here on NL now, lol) still you complain of his price. If he still leaves the actual mileage and tag it at 2m asking price, another complain will still arise

Why is it that it's when it comes to car sales, everyone wants to dictate and tell dealers how to sell to best suit you, did anyone force u to even bargain the price or buy? If the price tag is an issue to u then just ignore him and go to the ones who are selling cheaper na, or is he the only seller in Nigeria?

Na wa for una sha

1 Like

Re: Mileage Milestone by Mrtesso: 10:44am On Mar 18, 2018
valarinz:

You're now trying to divert the talk back to others issues of synthetic oil or extolling mileage and so on.

Your comment which I quoted was short and precise "see mileage....and pricing". You already passed your message which In summary implies there's a direct correlation between mileage and pricing, hence only a low mileage price should command good prices.

Now I replied u by implying that if this man tampers this mileage so he'll sell for the price he wants, you guys complain, now he's left it the way it is(which is what u guys have been preaching here on NL now, lol) still you complain of his price. If he still leaves the actual mileage and tag it at 2m asking price, another complain will still arise

Why is it that it's when it comes to car sales, everyone wants to dictate and tell dealers how to sell to best suit you, did anyone force u to even bargain the price or buy? If the price tag is an issue to u then just ignore him and go to the ones who are selling cheaper na, or is he the only seller in Nigeria?

Na wa for una sha

Uncle V, I've followed this thread from 9:40 pm, October 16, 2017. So I know what the thread is about and apparently those that do got the drift. The focal point is the mileage. The pricing was affixed to elicit thoughts on whether or not the price is fair. If that offends anyone, or pricks anyone's conscience I do apologize.

Again, Tampering with a vehicles mileage is a sin. Talking about it on a Sunday is an indulgent sin as well cheesy. It should not be discussed, it's not up for discussion. So we're not juxtaposing the sellers integrity with the mileage of the vehicle nor the price. On this thread no one cares. I wonder why you're particular about that though. Unless....

2014 Toyota Corolla with over 300k miles may not sell up to the dollar equivalent of 5million naira at the auction lot let alone a funny store like eBay. So why peg it at 7,500,000?

I refuse to be dragged into the integrity issues between dealers.
I refuse to discuss Tampering a vehicles mileage on a Sunday or ever!
I refuse to derail the thread.
Re: Mileage Milestone by diportivo: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2018
grin

Una nor dey go church ni

angry

2 Likes

Re: Mileage Milestone by valarinz: 11:38am On Mar 18, 2018
Mrtesso:

Uncle V, I've followed this thread from 9:40 pm, October 16, 2017. So I know what the thread is about and apparently those that do got the drift. The focal point is the mileage. The pricing was affixed to elicit thoughts on whether or not the price is fair. If that offends anyone, or pricks anyone's conscience I do apologize.

Again, Tampering with a vehicles mileage is a sin. Talking about it on a Sunday is an indulgent sin as well cheesy. It should not be discussed, it's not up for discussion. So we're not juxtaposing the sellers integrity with the mileage of the vehicle nor the price. On this thread no one cares. I wonder why you're particular about that though. Unless....

2014 Toyota Corolla with over 300k miles may not sell up to the dollar equivalent of 5million naira at the auction lot let alone a funny store like eBay. So why peg it at 7,500,000?

I refuse to be dragged into the integrity issues between dealers.
I refuse to discuss Tampering a vehicles mileage on a Sunday or ever!
I refuse to derail the thread.

Good,

This is exactly how to argue or exchange banters like civilised people, not like some mannerless peeps full of bile, frustration and envy. The person I'm shading already knows himself, he'll soon come with more insults

From your last comment and the way you've replied me so far, I see you just want to make discourse of the reason why the price is pegged that high, not necessarily hate , so I'll chip in :

Most of those peeps are middlemen who are looking for a lucky day, owner might give them 5m for eg, and instead of adding around 100-200k as their cut, they'll add as much as 2m hoping for a lucky break

Some of them too don't really know how to stand firm during negotiations, so they shift prices as high as possible so you'll still land at his preferred price. Very few people can quote a price and stick by it, no matter how much u plead

Some people are outright greedy, no excuses

Good day
Re: Mileage Milestone by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
valarinz:

Good,

This is exactly how to argue or exchange banters like civilised people, not like some mannerless peeps full of bile, frustration and envy. The person I'm shading already knows himself, he'll soon come with more insults

From your last comment and the way you've replied me so far, I see you just want to make discourse of the reason why the price is pegged that high, not necessarily hate , so I'll chip in :

Most of those peeps are middlemen who are looking for a lucky day, owner might give them 5m for eg, and instead of adding around 100-200k as their cut, they'll add as much as 2m hoping for a lucky break

Some of them too don't really know how to stand firm during negotiations, so they shift prices as high as possible so you'll still land at his preferred price. Very few people can quote a price and stick by it, no matter how much u plead

Some people are outright greedy, no excuses

Good day

could that person be an angelic being?
Re: Mileage Milestone by diportivo: 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

could that person be an angelic being?

I doubt it

it's probably someone that "plays" too much "cos" he just wants to

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Know If A Car Has Been Converted From Rhd To Lhd? / Factory. Tints For Cars. / How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.