Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. (3978 Views)

A 2023 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 Spotted On Its Way From The Port / Honda Accord 2008 V. Toyota Camry 2007 / Customer Destroys His N61m Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG With A Golf Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by MiztaYouneek(m): 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
If you're driving Mercedes Benz E63 AMG at a speed of 120km per hour and I am driving a Toyota Corolla 1.4 at same speed of 120km per hour and we are both driving the same direction,

Is 120km on AMG the same as Toyota Corolla or is faster?
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by leTrizzle: 11:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
Same speed unless the speedometer is not accurate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Kaydeexotic(m): 5:24am On Oct 16, 2019
MiztaYouneek:
If you're driving Mercedes Benz E63 AMG at a speed of 120km per hour and I am driving a Toyota Corolla 1.4 at same speed of 120km per hour and we are both driving the same direction,

Any objects be it hawk, stone or water sef, moving at the same speed will arrive their destination at the same time except they didn't take off at the same time or one had to stop in transit...

Speed=distance
-------------
time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by autologic: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

A stone travelling Tru the air at the speed of 100km/he and a feather too travelling at the same speed which one will arrive earlier ?
Answer -both will arrive at same destination the same time .
Reason :They are travelling at same speed though one has the potential to travel faster but at this instance ,speed is the same regardless of any potential .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by sacx: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

They are both the same. But come here, why putting a Mercedes AMG and a Toyota shitbox in same sentence?

7 Likes

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
sacx:

They are both the same. But come here, why putting a Mercedes AMG and a Toyota shitbox in same sentence?

I guess he had to use the best and the worst he could think of cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by oseiwe(m): 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

This is why you and your associates carry corolla to disturb us on the highway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by portside(m): 4:55am On Oct 17, 2019
I've seen so many professional drivers make this assertion of speed being different from vehicles to vehicles, Op thanks for bringing this up.
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2019
Someone was still arguing this thing with me last week that in some cars 100km/hr is faster than others at same speed. I just laughed. The mistake a lot of people make is they don't know the difference between mph and km/hr. So in a car that is calibrated in mph, doing 62mph is faster than a car doing 90km/hr

1 Like

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by xavuv: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Op was trying to ask if AMG's 120km/hr is the same for corolla's 120km/hr. It's the same bro. They will both arrive their same destination same time.

However, OP should know that the time for the cars to reach that 120km/h mark differs. it will take less time for AMG to reach 120km/h (abt 4secs) than a corrola to reach same speed.

A 1.4L corolla will take time to reach 120km/h, say 35secs. That is where the real difference is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by homeboy205: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2019
Op see this is the simple difference, while AMG is cruising 120km/hr it will be running probably 1500-2000 RPM, while corolla will be around 2500-3000 RPM cruising 120km/hr...

Same speed, head to head, same arrival time but different RPM

2 Likes

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by omar22(m): 11:43am On Oct 18, 2019
Its the same so far its the same factory custom wheels that the car came with.

One car could be using more power than the other to achieve the same result
one car could have a better aero and down force than the other car
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by 9icetoo(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
If I have to answer this question, op will have to pay me whatever he has paid out as school fees to date.
This question is just to start another mindless and debasing Toyota versus Mercedes argument.
But let the comments continue. Maybe it will get to front page and we will be blessed with some wonderful scientific answers. cheesy
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Wow, I've never seen a question this stupid on Cartalk before.

Let's cut him some slack. At least, he's asking questions. cheesy

You'll be surprised at the number of educated folks who will argue vehicle A moving at same speed as vehicle B can be faster. Some of them dey this thread dey observe on a low key cheesy

Years ago when I knew nothing about cars, I had an argument with my cousins on this topic. I tried in vain to convince them they were wrong. For where, they shut me down and said I've never even "driven" a bicycle and I'm arguing with them who have years of driving experience. These were well educated guys...
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by 9icetoo(m): 6:48am On Oct 19, 2019
rationalmind:

Let's cut him some slack. At least, he's asking questions. cheesy

You'll be surprised at the number of educated folks who will argue vehicle A moving at same speed as vehicle B can be faster. Some of them dey this thread dey observe on a low key cheesy

Years ago when I knew nothing about cars, I had an argument with my cousins on this topic. I tried in vain to convince them they were wrong. For where, they shut me down and said I've never even "driven" a bicycle and I'm arguing with them who have years of driving experience. These were well educated guys...

Lol
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by MiztaYouneek(m): 7:24am On Oct 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Wow, I've never seen a question this stupid on Cartalk before.

Funny enough we are on the same page because I have never seen a comment this stupid as well.

3 Likes

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:27am On Oct 19, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

Funny enough we are on the same page because I have never seen a comment this stupid as well.

Your question is retahded. Speed is speed. What does the vehicle have to do with it?

A more reasonable question would be, "Which car would feel faster?" Which would be the Corolla because of the significantly worse build quality.
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by MiztaYouneek(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Your question is retahded. Speed is speed. What does the vehicle have to do with it?

A more reasonable question would be, "Which car would feel faster?" Which would be the Corolla because of the significantly worse build quality.

Am not as dull as you are. You know the answer to the question and so do I. If you were are intelligent as you claim, I would have expected you to ignore the post and keep all these your your comments to yourself but here you are, trying to prove a point that is irrelevant. Move ahead bro.

3 Likes

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:57am On Oct 19, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

Am not as dull as you are. You know the answer to the question and so do I. If you were are intelligent as you claim, I would have expected you to ignore the post and keep all these your your comments to yourself but here you are, trying to prove a point that is irrelevant. Move ahead bro.

Lol, stfu, you asked a stupid question and you should be ashamed of yourself. Don't turn around and act as if you were joking.
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by kolaaderin: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2019
Yes. Speed is the same, what might divers is the acceleration. AMG accelerates to that speed way faster than corolla.

So from a starting point, AMG accelerate to 120km/h faster than corolla and if more speed is required, A corolla will top out of further acceleration and speed At about 180km/h which could only be sustained for not too long before damaging your engine.
On the other hand, Some powerful engines like AMG could accommodate more speed to the tune on close to 300Km/h and sustain the speed for a longer period of time.

2 Likes

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by MiztaYouneek(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, stfu, you asked a stupid question and you should be ashamed of yourself. Don't turn around and act as if you were joking.

See low level thinker. And you think you are making any sense to me lol. Next time before you come to public to form smart and end up becoming the dull person, learn how to check certain post to see if it was copied from somewhere. I already know you are an olodo so what's the point. You are the one making stupid comments so best for you to hide your shameful ignorant sense of reasoning. No be me cause your frustration hahahahaa
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Fentanyl: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

See low level thinker. And you think you are making any sense to me lol. Next time before you come to public to form smart and end up becoming the dull person, learn how to check certain post to see if it was copied from somewhere. I already know you are an olodo so what's the point. You are the one making stupid comments so best for you to hide your shameful ignorant sense of reasoning. No be me cause your frustration hahahahaa

honestly you are the one that is stupid here

1 Like

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by MiztaYouneek(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
Fentanyl:

honestly you are the one that is stupid here

Ahhh is that your fathers name? Please don't inherit such from your dad. Seek help.
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Blanc8(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

Honestly bro, you should have added a disclaimer, Comments from intelligent individuals only
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Blanc8(m): 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2019
MiztaYouneek:

Ahhh is that your fathers name? Please don't inherit such from your dad. Seek help.

You don't have to go this low with him.. Just let it slide..
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by MiztaYouneek(m): 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
Blanc8:

You don't have to go this low with him.. Just let it slide..

Yeah thanks bro. Honestly I didn't realize I was talking to someone probably preparing for junior waec. Its well bro, I will just let him be.

1 Like

Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by nurey(m): 7:14am On Oct 20, 2019
Fentanyl:

lol

what is that saying about empty vessels again?

you don't know the difference between speed and acceleration and you're proud to show your ignorance

ride on o

his question is a valid question.

The 1st time any student would come across acceleration and speed is elementary science in primary 5 and 6 and only explained as a scalar and vector quantity nothing more.

In the secondary level we have Arts, commercial and science students. Except you can prove beyond reasonable doubt he was a science student then we can fault him.

Also in University level only science students did PHSXXX acceleration and speed were only taught in MTS as calculation not explanation.

his question is a valid one, he should have just used engine size like 6.0L V12 vs 2.0L I4 because if the tribalism between Toyota and Benz on this here forum grin

peace.
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2019
Nothing wey pesin no go see for Nairaland.
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
tongue
Re: Benz AMG V. Toyota Corolla Speed. by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Smartchoiice:
tongue

You're a nuisance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2005 Model V6 Vs Mercedes Benz C240 2003 Model / Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice / Where Can I See The Engine Number Of Toyota Highlander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.