Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Career Option And Way Forward For 20 Years Old Biology Education Graduate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Option And Way Forward For 20 Years Old Biology Education Graduate (696 Views)

Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years / What Is The Way Forward For Me / What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Option And Way Forward For 20 Years Old Biology Education Graduate by Uzobejeme: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2017
Younger bro studied biology education against all advice cos he couldn't wait to retake jamb and the university gave him admission for Edu.
Pls what career path can he tow apart from teaching? I suggested he goes back to uni to study a different course, he refused.can he go for MSc,MBA or MEd? A friend's husband teaches at A British international school and earns 700k a month. This friend advuced bro to take short courses in British curriculum, Montessori etc so that if he decides to teach,he might be lucky to get a good international school but kid bro has refused to have anything to do with teaching. Advice pls
Re: Career Option And Way Forward For 20 Years Old Biology Education Graduate by Scholar212(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2017
Uzobejeme:
Younger bro studied biology education against all advice cos he couldn't wait to retake jamb and the university gave him admission for Edu.
Pls what career path can he tow apart from teaching? I suggested he goes back to uni to study a different course, he refused.can he go for MSc,MBA or MEd? A friend's husband teaches at A British international school and earns 700k a month. This friend advuced bro to take short courses in British curriculum, Montessori etc so that if he decides to teach,he might be lucky to get a good international school but kid bro has refused to have anything to do with teaching. Advice pls
If he was given an education course and spent 4years studying it and doesn't want to teach then why didn't he transfer or retake Jamb?, the choice is his to make not you, let him decide on what he wants to do and support him, it may be trading,learning a skill, going for masters and getting into lecturing, there are countless choices to make but it is his own decision.
And I doubt any private school, British or Canadian or American pays 700k to any teacher except maybe the management team in Nigeria. How much are professors earning in federal universities

1 Like

Re: Career Option And Way Forward For 20 Years Old Biology Education Graduate by Uzobejeme: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
Scholar212:
If he was given an education course and spent 4years studying it and doesn't want to teach then why didn't he transfer or retake Jamb?, the choice is his to make not you, let him decide on what he wants to do and support him, it may be trading,learning a skill, going for masters and getting into lecturing, there are countless choices to make but it is his own decision.
And I doubt any private school, British or Canadian or American pays 700k to any teacher except maybe the management team in Nigeria. How much are professors earning in federal universities
Thanks for your response. He actually spent 5 years studying bio edu cos he attended fed uni of tech minna.
Well my friend told me her husband earns 700k monthly and well they look like they earn 700k monthly. lol..students attending British international school pays fees of at least 36,000 USD as school fees for secondary school. I also know that kindergarten pays 26750 USD that over 4 million naira as fees. Every student also pays 200k development fee every term so yes I believe the husband earns 700k.
I know the decision lies with my kid bro, but I sponsored him through uni and I feel bad that all my money will go to waste cos of his indecision on the way forward hence this post.
Thanks again for your advice. Masters will be the best bet.
Re: Career Option And Way Forward For 20 Years Old Biology Education Graduate by myke92(m): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Uzobejeme:

Truly, the decision lies with ur bro, u can only act as a guide
That 700K though... Sounds too good to be true.
I think I'm gonna consider going back to the classroom once again, Montessori this time around.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-unilag Beggar Becomes Lawyer / 5 Occupations That Can Make You Feel Depressed / West Africa Youth Summit, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.