Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination (35658 Views)

5 Categories Of Students Who Will Benefit From ASUU Strike / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by 2nattie(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
I understand there are health practitioners in the military but when did it become their responsibility to immunize children. We know the kind of message the military send to people when they go anywhere in their droves. I no blame dem children. If na me I go take off too. After all them still dey dance mamba dance for SE. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by nawtyme: 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
Secrets11:
how do you declare a sovereign state within a sovereign state? It is against our constitution and a threat to National security, that was why the Army had to ensure that Igbos were put in check! Hope I answered your question. About the forceful vaccination: I don't believe an ish about that story! Period!
They did not declare sovereignty. They went to pray for the actualization of Biafra. The army asked them to leave and they refused. And you know the rest. They killed including women and youths. So the army is capable of doing anything.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by 2nattie(m): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
I dont blame anybody for the way they reacted. When there was no adequate sensitization before the exercise, you dont expect people to be calm when they see the godogodos. Our government is a ruse walahi
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by 2nattie(m): 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The Military did not deny carrying out a medical outreach which is a common practice by the medical arm of every military. If the Military move to a zone, they go with their medical team. In such region they carry out medical outreach.

The point is that there was no forceful vaccination or any medical outreach in schools without following due process.

WTF
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by Oju4190: 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
Where is d pix of the soldiers?
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by ElmaSpeed(f): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
There is nothing to prove that any immunization happened in any school.

What happened today was as a result of hearsay. Everyone heard from someone who heard from someone else. Parents panicked and rushed to pull their children out of school. Better safe than sorry right? If you're a parent you'll understand the fear.
By the time the authorities from my kids's school called me to say I needed to pick up my kids since other parents have done same, it was 11am. I had no clue what was going on. The thought of soldiers with syringes going from school to school amused me because it sounded ridiculous to be sincere.

At the school I learned that all attempts by the school authorities to convince the first batch of parents to arrive that there was no problem, failed miserably. They had no choice but to let them have their way. The school was totally empty by the time I got there.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by GuntersChain(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
cool
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by Nathdoug(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
TEYA:
I remember how indigenes of Kano and other northern Nigeria states refused to allow their children to be vaccinated during obj's regime, their reason being that the vaccine was meant to sterilize their kids. The result is while polio got eradicated in most countries of the world, northern Nigeria kept on struggling with the disease and today many children in that region are paralysed as a result. Now the south easterners will not take vaccination because they believe Buhari wants to infect them with monkey pox. We really have a problem in this country. Pesin wey do us dis jazz dey wicked and e dey do me like say the pesin don die tey tey!
shut up na military dey give people vaccine....Mumu zombie when nor wan repent
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
obailala:
Forceful vaccination?! Can anyone point out any single child who was forcefully vaccinated?... I wouldn't even want to talk about the "forceful injection of monkeypox" part of the silly story.

Anyway, it's all a mind game, its a dirty war of propaganda and the opposition is certainly having a swell time.

Where did you see me mention "FORCEFUL VACCINATION" ?
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by gentlegenius(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
TEYA:
I remember how indigenes of Kano and other northern Nigeria states refused to allow their children to be vaccinated during obj's regime, their reason being that the vaccine was meant to sterilize their kids. The result is while polio got eradicated in most countries of the world, northern Nigeria kept on struggling with the disease and today many children in that region are paralysed as a result. Now the south easterners will not take vaccination because they believe Buhari wants to infect them with monkey pox. We really have a problem in this country. Pesin wey do us dis jazz dey wicked and e dey do me like say the pesin don die tey tey!
When did military men become part of Health workers? Knowing very well that it is not their duty to give vaccines, will you allow your child to receive vaccines from a military man you don't know?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by Anwons(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
Why has Rivers State government not issued a statement on this issue to clarify the air?
This is really getting out of hand.

Immunisation, as I know, before commencing, there is always sensitisation and awareness on the type to be given. But in this case, I haven't heard anything of such.

The army too, though yet to see there picture which is making the whole hullabaloo so confusing, should play their part by issuing a statement for all these to put to rest.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by gentlegenius(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
oake:
Ha ha ha! Naija army don sufa. No single trust for them.
When did Nigerian army become Health workers?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by billyG(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
scores: nigerian army 1 -ipob via radio biafra 1
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jerry2i:
Same thing here in diobu; i.e mile 1,mile 2, mile 3 and environs.
even in ozuaha, omagwa. There was a lil lectures disruption
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by obailala(m): 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
monex:

2015 was chaotic enough abeg o. There was propaganda from both sides just that APC controlled the media. PDP did not then understand the power of media especially social media.

APC propaganda machine is not sleeping though, the BMC crew is real. They are more difficult to spot because they mask as patriotic and build propaganda using part of the truth. The IPOB-ians use outright lies most of the time.

Trust me, the apc propaganda machinery is sleeping currently cos they are in power; it's usually the loser that burns the midnight candle trying to churn out new strategies and propaganda, while the winner of the contest dozes away.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by obailala(m): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
emrain:

Where did you see me mention "FORCEFUL VACCINATION" ?
So what else is the bone of contention if not 'forceful vaccination'? What else is the essence of this thread?... Why are children scampering for safety if not for the fear of forceful vaccination?... I dont know about you, but to the best of my understanding, the allegation of forceful vaccination is what this entire episode is all about.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by mechanics(m): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
The military command should just put this vaccination on hold and enlighten the public, it seems the people there are ignorant of the vaccination.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by shallysgirl: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
SMH, what has southeast got dto do with this news, abi you blind ni?
TEYA:
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by ugybabe2020(f): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
TEYA:
my sesr i understand you point but my question is did obasanjo use military to force them take the vaccine.Till today some part of north still reject polio vaccine y are tgey not being firce?
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by oake(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
gentlegenius:

When did Nigerian army become Health workers?

E no taya you?
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by bigfish3k: 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
TEYA:

It's for monkey pox, keep running!

monkey pox vaccine? is there vaccine for it now
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by Sunnyja: 6:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Secrets11:
It beats my imagination how shallow minded Nigerians really are. This is a national epidemic. How can most Nigerians allow themselves to believe such nonsense! How can a Govt forcefully inject it citizens all in a bid to kill them? Where is this done? How did wwe get here? And to see comments that portrays the news as real here sucks strength out of me. And most of these commentors are graduates ooo.
Nigeria I weep for you. Political entities are cashing in on the mass illetracy of Nigerians to achieve their aims. I was in Owerri last week when their own craze of forceful vaccination ensued causing pandemonium but nobody could point to a SINGLE victim! Heresay was all they said ( them say). I sorry for my country.
What national epidemic? Are the vaccines against monkey pox? Most people don't know what the vaccines are for except only you.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by bigfish3k: 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
qleap2all:
So what's the difference between them and the illitrates North refusing to take polio vaccine.?!!

the difference is that the north knows what the vaccine is meant for and still refuses even though they were going to their homes to do it with their parents permission.
everybody in the south have taken polio vaccine

and now nobody knows the type of vaccine that is being administered as monkey pox has no vaccine yet

if its polio, we are already through with that
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by Oxenomy: 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
obailala:
oh yes, its obviously a propaganda war.. kontinuu!

And by the way, in 2015 I didnt vote an illiterare, I booted out a clueless waster and his lootocratic party that had been ruining Nigeria for almost 2 decades. Go suckle on that.
suckle what? You think I'm a hopeless political sycophant like you? Go and sit down one side. Confused tout
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by obailala(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
Oxenomy:
suckle what? You think I'm a hopeless political sycophant like you? Go and sit down one side. Confused tout
You are obviously describing your hopeless self there. Get lost you bleedy lover of thieves!
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by Oxenomy: 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
obailala:
You are obviously describing your hopeless self there. Get lost you bleedy lover of thieves!
Go and sit inside gutter, hopeless hypcrite.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by obailala(m): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
Oxenomy:
Go and sit inside gutter, hopeless hypcrite.
I'm sorry I wouldn't want to join you in there. Enjoy!
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by TEYA: 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
ugybabe2020:
my sesr i understand you point but my question is did obasanjo use military to force them take the vaccine.Till today some part of north still reject polio vaccine y are tgey not being firce?
Oga did soldiers force anybody to take vaccine? Can you prove that? Haba!!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by elsomm(m): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
TEYA:

The vaccine you talked about during OBJ was named for a disease, polio. What is this one meant for if truly the army is going round on a medical outreach. Another point from that is OBJ's vaccine was made public and people were sensitized but no fore news on this one. I'm confused. Don't know what to believe.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by rossychik(f): 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
oso Buhari the fear of monkey pox is d beginning of wisdom
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by NickD(m): 5:30am On Oct 18, 2017
TEYA:
Why will u give a vaccination to people's children without proper awareness? what's the vaccination for? No announcement. Have u ever heard of military giving civilians vaccines before? Na wa to u. The parents are 100% right to be apprehensive.
Re: Photos Of Students Fleeing Schools In Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Over Vaccination by chuks34(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2017
Jerry2i:
Same thing here in diobu; i.e mile 1,mile 2, mile 3 and environs.

is that so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joaness Frimpong Graduates With First Class In Petroleum Engineering In Ghana / Fine Collection Of Fascinating, Interesting And Historical Photos / 2015/2016 NOV/DEC WAEC,NECO/NABTEB GCE Forms Are Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.