Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank (12956 Views)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / I Have Invested So Much In Bitcoin, please Help! / Bill Gates: I Have Invested $1.6B In Northern Nigerias Economy With No Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by whisper88(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
Am first to comment, no one is above me..
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by VagileVictor(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
She would have given us a breakdown according to the States but she failed.

Nigeria is somewhat in a mess.
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by omoiyalayi(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
$8.5b ? as in EIGHT POINT FIVE BILLIONS DOLLARS

Where the money enter?

Where are the investment?

How can we the citizens track it?

I mean there are many questions begin for answers here o

Did I just read to tackle unemployment among the youth?

Abi world Bank too na scammers?

From how long has the investment been going on ?

The money that would have made a significant impact in the life of graduate if the money had been distributed to them as they finished their NYSC to start any form of business

All of you @ that world Bank no try @ all
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by omoiyalayi(m): 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2017

Where the money enter?

The money that would have made a significant impact in the life of graduate if the money had been distributed to them as they finished their NYSC to start any form of business

All of you @ that world Bank no try @ all o
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by Lydiaf: 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by framie05: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
we all know that 90% of the money was invested in northern Nigeria
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by chuckdee4(m): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
and probably stolen $200bn at the same time
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by thunderbabs: 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
I summon EFCC on world bank. undecided Stupid talk...

I need the receipt of that $8.5billion undecided or maybe na buhari sickness dey spent that money on.

Either way, provide the receipt

Nonsense
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by isnovic(m): 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2017
World Bank’s 775 million dollars support to the North East focuses on restoring basic education, health services, agricultural production, and livelihood improvement opportunities.”...

And the whole country is paying for this debt, used only for the North East rehabilitation.

They should share these debt only to the NE, NW, North monthly allocation account, recoverable in instalments.
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by pedrilo: 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
Point of correction!
YOU HAVE INVESTED 8.5 BILLION DOLLARS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA!
Make sure to collect your loan repayment from them.
Never you come to the south for loan recovery.
This is a warning from the oil rich Niger delta people of southern nigeria
The rate at which BUHARI is spending dollars in billions is mind boggling, yet no improvement in the lives of ordinary nigerians like us.

1 Like

Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by victrick105: 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
After all this money invested in nigeria... What does Nigeria have to show for it...to whom much is given, much is expected....yet Nigeria has nothing to show for.

Am sorry world bank...you only wasted your money on a useless government....even if the whole countries of the world decides to raise money and invest in Nigeria, the useless country will still remain the way it is...corruption has eaten deep into an average nigerian man, talk more of the people in power.
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by Arccangel(f): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
All these talk na damage control
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by Johnsown1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
Probably in the North of Nigeria not in 36 states.
Dumb people everywere
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by greatiyk4u(m): 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
cremedelacreme:
The correct caption should be ''We have invested $8.5B in Northern Nigeria''. After all Buhari asked World Bank to focus all their development in Northern Nigeria.

You. Sound disappointed
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by omhor(f): 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
World Bank should be specific, is it in Nigeria or North Nigeria?? We need answer, pls
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by bejeria101(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ask mr intergrity where he kept it.
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by mr1759: 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
who will pay back the loan , niger deltans?
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by dejumite(m): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
you mean you invested that money in Northern part of this country. na wa oooo
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by omoiyalayi(m): 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2017

Where the money enter?

All of you @ that world Bank no try @ all o
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
EZENDIZUOGU:
in Northan Nigeria, I BELIEVE?
Is there anything wrong with that?
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by cimag: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
Mrs Olufunke Olufon,is a Nigerian and am sure she's trying to defend Buhari and please the presidency.I don't believe her.The statement of the World Bank President is what i believe which is the truth.This one this woman is saying now is medicine after death.
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by ivandragon: 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
the WB funds abstract projects.

projects whose measure of success is difficult to ascertain & do not have any firm productive value beyond 'social & human development'.

if the WB really wanted to help Nigeria, it would have used that $8.5b to construct 2 mid-sized refineries.

or

revamp the transmission section of our power sector.

the above investments would positively affect the social, economic & infrastructural aspects of Nigeria & are viable investments that will certainly pay back the loans by themselves.

the WB knows why it gives loans in areas that are abstract in developing nations... it helps maintain the debt trap...
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by NwaliE01: 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dear World Bank,
If you gave the money($8.5 billion) to our leaders to invest in our nation, I am unhappy to inform you that the money is not yet home.
I am waiting for your timely response.
Thanks
#commonManInNigeria
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by kally01(m): 8:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
who send dem work, point of correction its northern nigeria not nigeria they spent that money they should keep deceiving themselves
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by Bullhari007(m): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
$8.5billion in north and it still remain like barren desert... Ndia self TUFIAKWA
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by lagosrd: 10:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Where?
Northern part of Nigeria
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by Eeroh95(m): 12:42am On Oct 18, 2017
stcool:

in the North, as requested by KING in the NORTH grin grin grin
by BUHARI SNOW grin
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by breakeven: 1:49am On Oct 18, 2017
World bank and Nigeria government working together to dupe Nigerians. How can they spend this amount and Nigeria is still this messed up?
Re: We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank by emajoe: 6:21am On Oct 18, 2017
Who asked you and are you OUT of the NORTH?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank Recapitalisation: Presidency Backs CBN, Investors Rush For Mega-Banks Stock / LAWMA Shuts Sangotedo Market: Warns Markets Against Illegal Dumping Of Refuse / I Think Ive Been Scammed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.