Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? (2110 Views)

Traditional Wrapper: How Rivers Women Preserved This Heritage / Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear / Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2017
This current generation of aboki*s don’t know that trousers are even a white man’s invention. Do you still tie or not?
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 9:13am On Oct 18, 2017
I tie. And I’m not even 30 yet.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Ioseph(m): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
What does this mean? Is this some kind of euphemism?
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ioseph:
What does this mean? Is this some kind of euphemism?
Nope. It’s as straight a question as it gets.
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Ioseph(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
So it means... do you wear a belt? What?

Also Trousers were actually a Scythian man's invention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ioseph:
So it means... do you wear a belt? What?

Also Trousers were actually a Scythian man's invention.

So the title’s asking how many of the Igbo men on here still tie the wrapper. Not that hard to follow.

Scythia’s still obodo oyibo to a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Ioseph(m): 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
Probz:

So the title’s asking how many of the Igbo men on here still tie the wrapper. Not that hard to follow.

Scythia’s still obodo oyibo to a Nigerian.

WHAT DOES TIE THE WRAPPER MEAN?
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Ioseph(m): 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2017

Is that headwear a wrapper?
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
You know damn well what I mean by wrapper.
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Ioseph(m): 2:48am On Oct 19, 2017
The hell is your problem? I don't know what the Bleep a wrapper is or how you can "tie" one.
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 3:15am On Oct 19, 2017
Then you’re obviously not Nigerian. Look for another thread to troll.
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by ewa26: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
hon Probz please, erm maybe you could help me out with this one, is it appropriate to wear black shimi underneath the wrapper as a man? Or is it feminine wear
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
ewa26:
hon Probz please, erm maybe you could help me out with this one, is it appropriate to wear black shimi underneath the wrapper as a man? Or is it feminine wear

I’m sure someone somewhere in Igboland’s done that but I’ve never seen it. Makes sense when you think about it though. Wearing bifurcated pants underneath a wrapper defeats the whole purpose in the first place.

Stop trolling me in the food section by the way. You’re actually not funny.
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by ewa26: 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
Probz:

I’m sure someone somewhere in Igboland’s done that but I’ve never seen it. Makes sense when you think about it though. Wearing bifurcated pants underneath a wrapper defeats the whole purpose in the first place.

Stop trolling me in the food section by the way. You’re actually not funny.

Sorry Hun, please would you wear d shimi underneath d wrapper because you say you wear wrapper and do you consider it appropriate for men?
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
ewa26:

Sorry Hun, please would you wear d shimi underneath d wrapper because you say you wear wrapper and do you consider it appropriate for men?

I would. Shimi is no more masculine or feminine than wrapper. Like I say there's nowhere in the world that wore bifurcated trunks more than 300 years ago and men all over the world still wear wrapper and shimi. Only ignorant people would call it cross dressing.

That's enough now. No more questions about shimi/wrapper.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by ewa26: 3:10am On Dec 02, 2017
Probz:

I would. Shimi is no more masculine or feminine than wrapper. Like I say there's nowhere in the world that wore bifurcated trunks more than 300 years ago and men all over the world still wear wrapper and shimi. Only ignorant people would call it cross dressing.

That's enough now. No more questions about shimi/wrapper.

Pls just one last question oo, erm how will I get about wearing the shimi under the wrapper so as to avoid looks from ignorant people who don’t know that it’s quite appropriate for men?

also what colour should the shimi be and what examples of men wearing shimi-like garments across d world
Re: How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? by Probz(m): 3:20am On Dec 02, 2017
ewa26:

Pls just one last question oo, erm how will I get about wearing the shimi under the wrapper so as to avoid looks from ignorant people who don’t know that it’s quite appropriate for men?

also what colour should the shimi be and what examples of men wearing shimi-like garments across d world

Shimi’s worn underneath the wrapper so it’s not like anyone would know about it either way.

Colour black. No florals or fancy decoratives.

Scottish and Irish men sometimes wear kilt liners (essentially half-shimi) under their kilts. Arabic/Muslim men wear an izaar (half-shimi) under their thobe gown. It’s done all over the world. It’s no more of a gendered thing than wrappers are. Just natural underclothes. Anyone who says they’re for women alone’s obviously been brainwashed by westernisation.

Like I say that’s enough. Wear it.

(1) (Reply)

Another Bobrisky But More Sexier / Do Africans Owe African Americans Reparations? / If U Are From Oguta Please Show Urself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.