Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already (37037 Views)

Coscharis Introduces The First BMW X7 (PHOTOS) / Coscharis Debuts The All New BMW 7 Series In Nigeria (PHOTOS) / Coscharis Delivers Rolls-Royce Cullinan To Bolu Akin-Olugbade, First In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by nosiebaba(m): 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
kelly72:

Your life is a negative
Anyways, you ordinarily can never afford a car
if I vex for you ehn.
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by pobosky20(m): 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
"I can attest to the ruggedness of the Locally assembled Ranger Trucks after taking one for an extreme off-road test..."

Come test am for my village. Na there we go certify d vehicle wether e fit for naija roads
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by KingRex1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
This will neither reduce the nrsp nor increase the car's quality.. What's the fuss about?
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by gabng(m): 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You guys don't get it do You? Buhari is a bad leader period!!! If you give him the Swedish economy today he will destroy in 6 months ..A man that has caused so much job loss and is still willing to stake 30 thousand Intels jobs for political witch hunt ..please wake up bro

Answer his question & stop running in circles
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Pearlspar: 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
When you decide to start. What/Who are you waiting for?
sonature1:
When will Nigerian start manufacturing BUT not assembling parts?
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
No Diesel Engines ATM

Kufie:
Impressive. Any idea if they assemble the 3.2L Diesel AT or it's just the base model? And what's the price difference between a locally assembled unit and an imported one?
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by sultaan(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
og2711:
I didn't see any plant. I saw a building and some vehicles outside

First focused statement on this thread.

That building has no sign of life or ongoing manufacturing process, just a warehouse and some South African sourced Rangers with a customs waivers applied.
If in doubt show me a sticker that states place of assembly and it's VIN number.

1 Like

Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by gbagyiza: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kufie:
Impressive. Any idea if they assemble the 3.2L Diesel AT or it's just the base model? And what's the price difference between a locally assembled unit and an imported one?

From my experience as an automotive engr. that works with auto company in Nigeria, don't be deceive by what you see in d picture..I can bet you these cars were not produced here in Nigeria, they were imported into d country just to deceive Nigerians..were r d pictures of d cars been assembled in the company... All is politics forget about it, I am familiar with the tricks this automobile companies play..It pays them to import than to assemble here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by superpundit: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
Thank you goodluck Jonathan. One of your many laudable policies is still producing fruit two years after leaving office. That is the edge that transformation has over change. Change ke . When next Nigerians hear change, dem go tear race hen
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by alagba333(m): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
pls we want Toyota and Honda plants
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
If we have working rail lines, more sea ports in eastern part of the country. The present arrangement gives south west especially Lagos the major right to host lots of industries, among which Coscharis is one.

bigpicture001:
..the man is a foolish man..and I blame governor obi and more for this...the stupid cos charismatic owner get a lot of contract in anambra state..yest can't locate his plant there..instead of obi and tomorrow patronize innoson vehicles..he kips buying ford..he also awarded a multimillion naira poultry state owned poultry farm in anambra state to this idiot....both him and obi and are very foolish
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
No seaport for him village

ogbujajnr:
why him no build for him village
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
Once we fix ELECTRICITY

sonature1:
When will Nigerian start manufacturing BUT not assembling parts?
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kudos to Coscharis Motors, is not easy though.

SalamRushdie:
Another Benefit of GEJS auto policy , I ma really surprised coscharis could go on with this because all the rest have packed up as a result of Buhari bad governance

1 Like

Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
The plant was ready mid 2015, but could not take off due to election uncertainty and subsequently dollar ish.

Positivepoint:

Hope u know it's been 2 years after GEJ.
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
Visit any Coscharis Motors dealership close to you

Structuralman:
So how much is one of these assembled in Nigeria brand new Ford Pickups?
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
Am surprised at your automotive engr. experience. This cars are assembled here in Lagos Nigeria. The Automobile Policy of Previous Administration made it almost TAX FREE when importing in PARTS. If a vehicle comes in as brand new do you know how much TAX that will be paid. Do your findings and compare which is cheaper.

gbagyiza:

From my experience as an automotive engr. that works with auto company in Nigeria, don't be deceive by what you see in d picture..I can bet you these cars were not produced here in Nigeria, they were imported into d country just to deceive Nigerians..were r d pictures of d cars been assembled in the company... All is politics forget about it, I am familiar with the tricks this automobile companies play..It pays them to import than to assemble here in Nigeria.
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2017
I will help you get more pictures in the course of the week.

sultaan:

First focused statement on this thread.

That building has no sign of life or ongoing manufacturing process, just a warehouse and some South African sourced Rangers with a customer waivers applied.
If in doubt show me a sticker that states place of assembly and it's VIN number.
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
Do you know Coscharis Group very well?

Imarnuel04:
By the time they buy diesel for their generators for 2 years they will pack up and leave.
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
F150 is not for Nigerian Market.

sonnie10:
Why Ranger. F150 is better.
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by bigpicture001: 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:
If we have working rail lines, more sea ports in eastern part of the country. The present arrangement gives south west especially Lagos the major right to host lots of industries, among which Coscharis is one.

...so how is innoson now making profits..and if you must know..p.h port is nearer to south east to lagos port
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Rollsnjaguar(m): 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
How many vessels berth in p.h port compared to Lagos Port. Also do you think is safe to use trailers in conveying containerised equipment instead of rail lines.

bigpicture001:
...so how is innoson now making profits..and if you must know..p.h port is nearer to south east to lagos port
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by bigpicture001: 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:
How many vessels berth in p.h port compared to Lagos Port. Also do you think is safe to use trailers in conveying containerised equipment instead of rail lines.

..dors the no. of ships berthing at a port determine the choice of usage of the port..? also..even the use rail lines for haulage within lag is not done also...
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dr. Cosmas Maduka is a Father and my Mentor.
Weldone sir
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by 19naia(m): 4:55am On Oct 18, 2017
I bought a new one in 2007. My own was Mazada B-2300 but that is identical to Ford Ranger American spec.
Even the engine said Ford on it while the car logo was Mazda. Mazda actually makes the engine and other parts for Ford.
All the major American car companies have connections to Japanese car makers.
Ford uses Mazda and Genral motors bought Isuzu and i think Suzuki. Dodge is linked to Mitsubishi.

Ford does not generally make good cars. They make good trucks like Ranger and F series. Toyota still bests them in trucks.
Ford has one or two good cars -but if you buy a ford, it better be a Ranger or F series full size. Dependability and ability to handle Nigerian roads, that is the main factor. They are easy to work on and parts are cheap in USA. I am not sure if the parts will be cheap in Nigeria.
These rangers will easily go to 100k miles before needing real repairs. Just regular service and brake replacements will suffice all the way to 100k miles. And then they can easily go to 300k and beyond with occaisional repairs. U joints, ball joints and the spark managment system usually go bad after 100k miles.
The Manual transmission is the easier investment but not so easy to drive in heavy traffic. It will last long and the clutches also last more than 160k miles if you know how to drive the clutch without grinding it down so soon.

Simple and reliable cars. I still recommend toyota trucks even though they can cost much more new.

Ford Ranger trucks are the cheapest quality truck you can buy. Toyota is better quality at a higher price.
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by mikolo80: 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
nonut:

When you start voting for the right people.
voting or investing
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by mikolo80: 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:
l used one before, although it was American spec and assembled their, it was rugged and never gave me any mechanical issues, I serviced it as at when due while I was still in Nigeria, Ford is actually a good product depending on the user and how he maintains it, when next l am in Nigeria l will get the F-150 pick up truck, that is another machine, Nigeria roads are terrible and you need a rugged car, Suv or truck to navigate it, l give it to Ford products especially the once assembled in the US or good tokunbos from the US.
hilux nko. Is not rugged abi
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by AngelicBeing: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
mikolo80:
hilux nko. Is not rugged abi
tongue

Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by nonut: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
mikolo80:
voting or investing
Lwkmd!

Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by mikolo80: 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
nonut:

Lwkmd!
Istruen
Why wait for politicians when we can fix it ourselves
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by cardoctor(m): 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Where are close up pics of the cars?
Re: Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already by sonnie10: 1:49am On Oct 19, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:
F150 is not for Nigerian Market.

What is the criteria for deciding what is for NIgerian market?
Even if they have to, why ranger and not F150?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? / A Kenyan Converts Nissan Fuga Car Into A Mercedes Benz Car / Nigeria's 1st Auto Race Track Construction Begins!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.