Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Getting Or Creating A Dream Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Getting Or Creating A Dream Job (393 Views)

5 Things You Should Consider Doing While Waiting For That Dream Job / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Or Creating A Dream Job by tundefamuyide(m): 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
The past four years, I’ve been building capacity and developing my potentials, because growth requires time, and one should never be in a hurry to hit the limelight, there’s a learning phase meant to build a solid foundation and aid full development. This phase cannot be skipped. I have been dedicated to it over the years. I’ve been privileged to learn from the best there are in every field that strikes my passion. It is the same reason why I have an idea about a lot of topics; I can sustain any intellectual conversation, and virtually everything on few topics. Of recent, a lady read my article here, she tried to set P openly, asking about the job I had landed with my skill-sets and capabilities? She considered asking me out and settling down with me. I ignored her, and had a good laugh. As I was not currently interested in just any kind of job advert, except my “Dream Job” (Not everyone would toe this line though). This is the type of job one is Skilled at, Qualified for, Passionate about and also readily Available. These kind of jobs are scarce in Nigeria though, but they are out there, and I could as well create one for myself. I realized that this is the time of my life, where I can try my hands on a lot of things, because I have the strength, time and vigour to build whatever any dream of mine. At this stage of my life, it’s just me alone, huge responsibilities haven’t started creeping in, so I still have the next few years to forge my path.
Upon the completion of my tertiary education and the compulsory youth service program, I deliberately didn’t apply for any job. Not as if I wouldn’t secure a gainful employment with my skill-sets, if I ever decide to send out my resume, but for someone like me, who have been privileged to see first-hand how beautiful ideas are, especially those conceptualized to proffer solutions to genuine problems experienced by the human race. To create something similar, it is expedient for me to go through another learning phase that would equip and empower me with the needed skillsets to build and develop my “beautiful and fulfilling brainchild” which would solve a major problem; that of under-employment and un-employment, by bridging the skill gap that spans all demographics in Africa, and in turn add value to my life. The Innovation I’m working is both original and deployable on a global scale.
We should never stop learning, once we do, we stop living. The idea of something abstract in nature, yet solving major challenges and enhancing the lives of billions of humans is not only fascinating, I also find it appealing. Hence my budding enthusiasm for Tech over the last few months, and as each day passes. I realized earning on my own would take time, but just like Apostle Paul who went to Arabia and learned when ministry was beckoning. Planet Nest, a development hub in Akure, Ondo state happens to be my new-age Arabia, where I currently intern as a Web and Software development alongside other superior engineers. To achieve my aim, I know it would require sets of interlocking discoveries, also I’ve come to realize that strong networks like the ones I’m making here would enable communication, collaboration, and coordination that in turn would facilitate a great innovation.
1. Ideas on what I can build with technology,
2. The available markets for my technological-inclined practical and scalable solution,
3. The means of reaching my target markets,
4. The talent to build my startup into a giant corporation, and
5. The business models to sustain and grow the startup.
Most of the apparent questions, would determine the success of my startup. I’ve learnt over the years, that there is no shortcut for the learning process, as expression without solid foundation and experience would result in mediocrity. And If I ever fail at my startup, which I seriously doubt, it would be a win-win for me, because I would have failed forward and progressively. I could easily rejoin the labour market without a gap/break in my job history, and also with wealth of invaluable experience.
Welcome to the future!

(1) (Reply)

We Need Suppliers Of Palm Kernel Nuts And Shells Urgently / See What You Can Couple With Your Certificate In November / See What Is Going Down In Lagos And Abeokuta In November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.