Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Help A Confused Citizen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help A Confused Citizen (355 Views)

Edo 2020: Will Edo Voters Accept Obaseki’s Citizen-Centric Offer? / FFK: WHO, Gates, Bunch Of Confused Clowns, Sociopathic Fools, Psychopatic Idiots / Atiku Replies Buhari Organisation, Says President’s Camp Now Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help A Confused Citizen by FatherJP(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dear Nairalanders and citizens of Nigeria. I am writing to get answers from the president and his cabinet members but since i can't get them to answer me directly i urge each and everyone of you to take my demands to them or give me answers if you are in the know of all confusing me.

First, our present government is trying to woo international financial bodies to lend us money to finance our infrastructures across the nation. It is a good approach but my confusion here is, we have been able to seize billions of looted funds that can finance these projects without getting us indepted but it seems there is an agreement somewhere that those money should not be touched or used. There is a saying in my native that one can not have breast milk and will be taking the white substance from boils.

Let us assume that some acclaimed looted funds are propaganda and are still maybe not recovered, not cash or not readily available. There are others we have confirmed and they have been forfeited and are in FG's possession such as Diezani's loots( part of them ), Ikoyi funds that are in millions of foreign currencies, the former GMD of NNPC Mr Yakubu's so called gifts that are in foreign currencies, Abacha's repatriated funds and many more from others i heard they forfeited to the government. Please where are all these funds, what are they kept for if we have them and still have eyes on borrowing.

My second confusion is this. Please has anyone noticed that contractors are here and there in Lagos ? What is Lagos doing differently that Nigeria as a whole cannot do through its center that shares all the resources( since they do not want to restructure). One thing about having contractors on sites is that it makes money flow and once money flows, it creates activities that will in turn create jobs. Why are we not being serious like Lagos State ? Does it mean that Lagos has more than enough than the FG that contractors are almost on each street in Lagos day in day out while other parts of the country barely see contractors and when they see they hardly complete a single project.

I sometimes try to lay it all on corruption but it doesn't sound rational as we even have Lagos thriving.

Dear Nairalanders what is the problem ? Whu can't we progress ?

Lalasticlala please help a fellow citizen
Re: Help A Confused Citizen by prince2much(m): 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2017

(1) (Reply)

FG To Reveal Names Of All Looters Soon –AGF Malami / Uganda Confirmd One Case Ebola-like Marburg Virus / Oyo State Civil Servants To Get Housing Loans In 7 Days….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.