Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,550 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? (990 Views)

2 Weeks To The Polls A Core Social Influencer Of PDP Dumps The Party / Lagos 2019: APC Kingmakers Who’ll Shape The Polls (pics) / Don't Make Us Harm Itsekiri!! - Ijaw Warns Buharis Aide Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
A lot of people have been admitting electing Buhari was a mistake. So how do we ensure we don't make a mistake like this next time? Making a mistake like this is definitely costly because at this point our country should actually be speeding towards development and not remaining stagnant or moving backwards. There are already problems in the country that have been there since 30 to 50 years ago like erratic power supply, then you add the newer modern day challenges to it and problems keep accumulating. So wasting 4 to 8 years electing bad leaders at this point in time is just a big NO NO.

A lot of us thought Buhari was the ideal candidate because we were told he hated corruption and we needed someone like him to eliminate corruption or else the country's problems wouldn't be solved. They all ignored Buhari's glaring cluelessness and his tendency to prop up the north and subdue the south. Now here is the outcome, precious 4 years appears to have been wasted. If care is not taken a total of 8 years will be wasted. That is almost a decade and enough time for serious leaders to make a significant impact.

To avoid the mistake we made with Buhari I think we should strictly observe the following guidelines:

1. We should never give a second chance to any candidate who failed to prove himself in a previous position of authority. An example in this case is Atiku Abubakar. This man is actually another trap and it amazes me some Nairalanders are already falling for this second trap.

2. We should never give a chance to any candidate who displays even the slightest form of cluelessness. When Buhari said during his campaign interview that he was going to stablize the price of crude oil, that should have been enough for Nigerians to take a final decision about his unfitness but we overlooked it.

3. Any candidate we are supporting should be able to think and reason perfectly well 99% of the time. Making questionable statements should be a red flag. People like Fayose should be in this category and we should be wary of people like him.

4. We should beware of candidates who dish out promises anyhow that we believe might be hard to achieve at a stipulated time. It demonstrates desperation and unseriousness. Buhari said 1 dollar will equate 1 Naira when elected. Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

5. Any candidate we are rooting for should have a sound health. Nigerians don't need anymore sick president wasting days in a sick bed receiving treatments. There is just no time for such vacuum and pause in leadership cos the nation is sinking deeper. The engine must have at least 90% uptime.

6. An ideal candidate should have a sound knowledge of economics. This is obviously the most important factor to decide whether a leader would make us cry or laugh. The quality of life of citizens so much depends on the health of the economy. This is always a key subject in every national election worldwide. When Buhari presented nepa bill as school certificate we just didn't see the writing on the wall.

7. We should not rely on just a single perceived strength of a candidate. It means if the particular reason for voting for the candidate is not there anymore he/she would simply be a bag of trash. An ideal candidate should have the potential to do well in multiple areas of leadership. Like I stated previously, a lot of us voted for Buhari ONLY because we felt he would tackle corruption. That was just his only selling point. But today curruption hasn't been tackled one bit. Whatelse is left as Buhari's selling point? Even if he can't tackle curruption anymore at least he should do well in some other areas.

8. Any chosen candidate must be neutral and fair when dealing with every region of the country. Buhari's administration's failure in this criteria is what scaled up IPOB to what it is today. We may not be lucky next time as the next uprising from any region as a result of marginalisation might generate a greater magnitude of chaos.

These are the few guidelines I can think of. If you have more to share you may add yours.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by python1: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
[s]
Ontarget:
A lot of people have been admitting electing Buhari was a mistake. So how do we ensure we don't make a mistake like this next time? Making a mistake like this is definitely costly because at this point our country should actually be speeding towards development and not remaining stagnant or moving backwards. There are already problems in the country that have been there since 30 to 50 years ago like erratic power supply, then you add the newer modern day challenges to it and problems keep accumulating. So wasting 4 to 8 years electing bad leaders at this point in time is just a big NO NO.

A lot of us thought Buhari was the ideal candidate because we were told he hated corruption and we needed someone like him to eliminate corruption or else the country's problems wouldn't be solved. They all ignored Buhari's glaring cluelessness and his tendency to prop up the north and subdue the south. Now here is the outcome, precious 4 years appears to have been wasted. If care is not taken a total of 8 years will be wasted. That is almost a decade and enough time for serious leaders to make a significant impact.

To avoid the mistake we made with Buhari I think we should strictly observe the following guidelines:

1. We should never give a second chance to any candidate who failed to prove himself in a previous position of authority. An example in this case is Atiku Abubakar. This man is actually another trap and it amazes me some Nairalanders are already falling for this second trap.

2. We should never give a chance to any candidate who displays even the slightest form of cluelessness. When Buhari said during his campaign interview that he was going to stablize the price of crude oil, that should have been enough for Nigerians to take a final decision about his unfitness but we overlooked it.

3. Any candidate we are supporting should be able to think and reason perfectly well 99% of the time. Making questionable statements should be a red flag. People like Fayose should be in this category and we should be wary of people like him.

4. We should beware of candidates who dish out promises anyhow that we believe might be hard to achieve at a stipulated time. It demonstrates desperation and unseriousness. Buhari said 1 dollar will equate 1 Naira when elected. Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

5. Any candidate we are rooting for should have a sound health. Nigerians don't need anymore sick president wasting days in a sick bed receiving treatments. There is just no time for such vacuum and pause in leadership cos the nation is sinking deeper. The engine must have at least 90% uptime.

6. An ideal candidate should have a sound knowledge of economics. This is obviously the most important factor to decide whether a leader would make us cry or laugh. The quality of life of citizens so much depends on the health of the economy. This is always a key subject in every national election worldwide. When Buhari presented nepa bill as school certificate we just didn't see the writing on the wall.

7. We should not rely on just a single perceived strength of a candidate. It means if the particular reason for voting for the candidate is not there anymore he/she would simply be a bag of trash. An ideal candidate should have the potential to do well in multiple areas of leadership. Like I stated previously, a lot of us voted for Buhari ONLY because we felt he would tackle corruption. That was just his only selling point. But today curruption hasn't been tackled one bit. Whatelse is left as Buhari's selling point? Even if he can't tackle curruption anymore at least he should do well in some other areas.

8. Any chosen candidate must be neutral and fair when dealing with every region of the country. Buhari's administration's failure in this criteria is what scaled up IPOB to what it is today. We may not be lucky next time as the next uprising from any region as a result of marginalisation might generate a greater magnitude of chaos.

These are the few guidelines I can think of. If you have more to share you may add yours.
[/s]
Igbos will just gather themselves, discuss among themselves, then conclude their self delusion is binding on Nigerians. When has the opinion of Igbos become the opinion of Nigerians? Who among the good Nigerians that voted Buhari ever told you he made mistake. IPOB didn't vote Buhari, I don't know where "there mistake in voting him" is coming from. If not that the man is facing some health challenges which will stop him from contesting, Igbos would have known that all these blackmails and empty propaganda are just trash. Nigerians know where the problems come from.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Igbos will just gather themselves, discuss among themselves, then conclude their self delusion is binding on Nigerians. When has the opinion of Igbos become the opinion of Nigerians? Who among the good Nigerians that voted Buhari ever told you he made mistake. IPOB didn't vote Buhari, I don't know where "there mistake in voting him" is coming from. If not that the man is facing some health challenges which will stop him from contesting, Igbos would have known that all these blackmails and empty propaganda are just trash. Nigerians know where the problems come from.
Sorry bro. Not an IPOB. So say something else.

5 Likes

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by python1: 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
[s]
Ontarget:

Sorry bro. Not an IPOB. So say something else.
[/s]

There is no remarkable difference between a typical potor and an IPOB.

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by UchihaFeraz: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Don't be a cretinous dork. Make reasonable comments devoid of IPOB. Not everyone who disagrees with the administration of PMB is IPOB but I'm positive you've read it multiple times.

OP, I'm sorry to say but we'll keep electing idiots into power. Why didn't Nigerians vote for other candidates outside GEJ and PMB knowing both their antecedents?

7 Likes

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Babalegba(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
One of the most stupid worthless thread on nairaland Sai baba, the lion of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by freshboi88: 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
I'm sure this op support GEJ inspite of how clueless that administration was

1 Like

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by python1: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
[s]
UchihaFeraz:
Don't be a cretinous dork. Make reasonable comments devoid of IPOB. Not everyone who disagrees with the administration of PMB is IPOB but I'm positive you've read it multiple times.

OP, I'm sorry to say but we'll keep electing idiots into power. Why didn't Nigerians vote for other candidates outside GEJ and PMB knowing both their antecedents?
[/s]
Sharrap and gerrout. A cretin calling others cretins, typical of Igbos. The same Nigerians that voted Buhari will repeat it if same opportunity presents itself.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
By ensuring u don't vote for any HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims of the North. They deceitfully swear with the Constitution before entering office but once they enter the game changes. They will then bring out the QURAN from their back pocket and start administration based on Sharia. Then it's too late.

Don't ever believe them during campaign. They collect power to advance Islam and perpetrate injustices to non northern Muslims and Christians in the land.
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by python1: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
freshboi88:
I'm sure this op support GEJ inspite of how clueless that administration was
No mind am. He is here talking about mistakes and he is assuming Nigerians share that wacked thought.

Babalegba:
One of the most stupid worthless thread on nairaland Sai baba, the lion of Nigeria
I dey tell you oh. Sai baba, Igbos are fools.
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]

There is no remarkable difference between a typical potor and an IPOB.
So anyone against Buhari is igbo? I am not a tribal figure head like you. Go away please.
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by python1: 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
[s]
Ontarget:

So anyone against Buhari is igbo? I am not a tribal figure head like you. Go away please.
[/s]
Fvck off. Igbos are terrorists.
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Isokowadoo: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
Zombies Are Here Representing Already
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Isokowadoo: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Fvck off. Igbos are terrorists.

Omenka With Anoda Handle Jumping All ova Nairaland Spewing bokobuhari's Piss Everywhere U Av A Brain, Why Pause it ?

1 Like

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Isokowadoo: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2017
Buhari was a Mistake Made NY Zombies
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Isokowadoo: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
We In The South Knew Him For What He Was/Is An Emtpy Egg head
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Isokowadoo: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
By ensuring u don't vote for any HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims of the North. They deceitfully swear with the Constitution before entering office but once they enter the game changes. They will then bring out the QURAN from their back pocket and start administration based on Sharia. Then it's too late.

Don't ever believe them during campaign. They collect power to advance Islam and perpetrate injustices to non northern Muslims and Christians in the land.

even The Northern Devils Know You Are Sayin The Truth
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by SalamRushdie: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Sharrap and gerrout. A cretin calling others cretins, typical of Igbos. The same Nigerians that voted Buhari will repeat it if same opportunity presents itself.

I and my friends voted him in the past but next time we will rather vote a dog instead of Buhari
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by python1: 4:08am On Oct 18, 2017
[s]
SalamRushdie:

I and my friends voted him in the past but next time we will rather vote a dog instead of Buhari
[/s]
Go and say that to the moon. Oh, I forgot to say this,
I and my friends also voted Nnamdi Kanu for president in 2015 election, but I have realised I did the wrong thing because kanu and his fellow IPOB terrorists are bunch of brainless pigs. grin
Igbos can lie for Africa. The way all Igbos now claim to have voted Buhari, I wonder how their total votes now constitute mere 5%.
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by izombie(m): 4:46am On Oct 18, 2017
What baffles me is that nigerians think that buhari will conduct free and fair election like gej. Keep dreaming. Apc will rig all the elections in 2019.
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by otil1: 5:32am On Oct 18, 2017
@python1,

Na only you go defend Buhari?

The way you jump at every post. Haba!

Buhari has disappointed you. Say the truth.

Then let's look at how to make amend including voting him again. All options are open at this time.

Even Buhari sef has not said he would recontest. So the discuss is hypothetical but I like the reasons adduced and attributes listed.

python1:
[s][/s]
Go and say that to the moon. Oh, I forgot to say this,
I and my friends also voted Nnamdi Kanu for president in 2015 election, but I have realised I did the wrong thing because kanu and his fellow IPOB terrorists are bunch of brainless pigs. grin
Igbos can lie for Africa. The way all Igbos now claim to have voted Buhari, I wonder how their total votes now constitute mere 5%.

Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by python1: 5:36am On Oct 18, 2017
[s]
otil1:
@python1,

Na only you go defend Buhari?

The way you jump at every post. Haba!

Buhari has disappointed you. Say the truth.

Then let's look at how to make amend including voting him again. All options are open at this time.

Even Buhari sef has not said he would recontest. So the discuss is hypothetical but I like the reasons adduced and attributes listed.

[/s]
Lies, blackmail and propaganda will not change anything. The same group who voted Buhari into power are more than willing to repeat it if same opportunity ever present itself. We know who grounded the country, lies and empty propaganda will not change that fact.
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by obonujoker(m): 6:26am On Oct 18, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Lies, blackmail and propaganda will not change anything. The same group who voted Buhari into power are more than willing to repeat it if same opportunity ever present itself. We know who grounded the country, lies and empty propaganda will not change that fact.

We will be going to various mosques to tell them why they shouldn't vote Buhari
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by python1: 6:55am On Oct 18, 2017
obonujoker:

We will be going to various mosques to tell them why they shouldn't vote Buhari
Since you have decided to take the propaganda, deceit, blackmail and lies to the mosque, don't come back to nairaland and wail for any eventuality.
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by obonujoker(m): 7:02am On Oct 18, 2017
python1:

Since you have decided to take the propaganda, deceit, blackmail and lies to the mosque, don't come back to nairaland and wail for any eventuality.

You are not a true muslim.... shift!!!
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by SweetJoystick(m): 7:17am On Oct 18, 2017
Well said. Valid points
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by UchihaFeraz: 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Lol! You actually agreed with my comment because we are saying the same thing. We will keep voting idiots into power!
Re: How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
I for one am eagerly waiting to vote Buhari for another 4 year tenure come 2019, and as for the 5% i can only sympathize with the pains it will cause them.

Sai Buhari for 2019

(1) (Reply)

#anambraresults :APGA In An Early Lead As More Results Flow In / What's Do You Deduce From The First Lady Twitter Saga? / Road Construction: Edo Govt. Accelerates Work On Over 90km Of Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.