Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams (20106 Views)

Operation Amotekun: Don't Blame Aare Ona Kakanfo If It Fails - Gani Adams / Tribunal Victory: Tinubu Congratulates Ogun Governor / Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by afroniger: 9:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/aare-ona-kakanfo-tinubu-congratulates-gani-adams/

Lagos – Sen. Bola Tinubu on Tuesday congratulated the leader of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), Otunba Gani Adams, on his appointment as the next Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland.

Tinubu, a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the congratulatory message issued in Lagos said that Adams richly deserved the appointment He said Adams had never left anyone in doubt over his resolve to fight for the interest of Yoruba race.

“I congratulate you on your appointment as the next Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. With this, you have joined the elite rank of generalissimos in Yorubaland.

“ You deserve this honour. You have a heart of steel. You have never left anyone in doubt about your resolve and readiness to fight for and defend the interest of Yoruba race.

“In Yorubaland, particularly in the old Oyo Empire, the position of Aare Ona Kakanfo has always been a significant one. Tinubu said that as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo and going through the list of those who had occupied the position, Adams “come with an extra youth, vigour and vitality, which would be an added advantage’’.

“ I rejoice with you and wish you well as you assume this leadership mantle and forge ahead in the service of our people,’’ he said. Tinubu, a former Governor of Lagos also commended the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi for the appointment of Adams as the Aare Ona Kakanfo.

“I congratulate you Kabiyesi, Iku Baba Yeye, over the appointment of Otunba Gani Adams as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland “You have accomplished another important task. You have broken the 19 years hiatus in picking another nominee for this prestigious title.

“Otunba Gani Adams’ appointment comes after the demise of the last occupant of the office, Chief MKO Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the June 12 election, who died in incarceration in 1998. “I commend you Kabiyesi for the thorough search which produced the Oodua People’s Congress Leader as the next occupant.

“While wishing you renewed strength, good health and continued successful reign, I also wish the new Aare Ona kakanfo a glorious tenure,’’ he said. The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, confirmed the choice of Adams for the title on Sunday during his 79th birthday celebration . Aare Ona Kakanfo in the pre-colonial Yoruba history was a supreme military title conferred by the Alaafin of Oyo. (NAN)

Mynd44,
Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by biacan(f): 9:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
Did I hear you say tinubu......? who takes him serious

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Toosure70: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
biacan:
Omo ale. alaileko

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by PointZerom: 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Afonja terrorist leader.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by biacan(f): 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Toosure70:
Omo ale. alaileko
English please

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Zeromoney(m): 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hmm, title plenty for Nigeria o!
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Isokowadoo: 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
NonseNonsense

Buhari will Surely Suffer..

There is no oda God Worthy of Worship Except Yahweh..

The Saudi Arabian Bastard Paedophile And hs Followers Can Rejoice Now, Surlwy They will Weep.

5 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Isokowadoo: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
Buhari Killed 29 people In Bassa LGA

Tinubu neva Condemned Him.

If Maintaining Indifference In D Face Of Evil Is D Much Touted Suferstication Then I Conclude UbRe more Evil Than Buhari

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Isokowadoo: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2017

If Maintaining Indifference In D Face Of Evil Is D Much Touted Suferstication Then I Conclude UbRe more Evil Than Buhari
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by omowolewa: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
Congratulations to Aree Gani Adams.

Only, there is a little no need for war these days.

except for these Fulani herdsmen things from Oke-Oya,

And those alledged to have imported guns,

Aree, if not for the ritualits giving Yoruba nation a bad name,

and the kidnappers that we thought were of the uncultured tribes,

and dear devil robbers on our high ways,

not forgetting the People hiding under no man land slogan to merchandise their evil stocks.

Aree, gbogbo yoooba shigun fun e o!

(Oodua a gbewa oo o)

27 Likes 1 Share

2 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Isokowadoo: 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
Buhari Is Shedding Christian Blood, Northern Muslims are Happy, yoro Muslim's Likewise
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Cinkq: 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2017
Good one from asiwaju Bola tinubu.

Kids have invaded this thread with their shallow comments.
May God save this wonderful forum from their hands.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2017
Something tells me the Jagabans hand is in this, methinks he needs a generalisimo in view of the coming battles ahead.
Most yoruba men who know 'whats-up' usually avoid that title seeing the fate that befalls it's recipients. Since MKO died, only Obasanjo has actively sought that laurel and it was denied him for political reasons.
Can Gani Adams bear its weight ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Cinkq: 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Yoruba man of wisdom usually avoid that title. Since MKO died, only Obasanjo has sought that laurel and it was denied him for political reasons.
Can Gani Adams bear its weight ?
never knew people are avoiding the title, pls can you tell us about the yorubas who have rejected the title before?

7 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by proudlyYoruba(m): 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
Gani Adams kinda deserve the title, people say he is a tout, his OPC is a miscreant group which they nearly were. Every good Yorùbá should know if not for the OPC we might suffer what the Plateau are experiencing from the nomads. These miscreants rose to the occasion and mercilessly dealt with the Haúsás who came to our land and picked up arms against us for practicing in our culture, they murdered us before sunrise but they see am for morning. Being the good people we are, we saved them from the OPC and vigilante this in 1999. Then the question how old was he then? The educated were in their mansion the thug rose to the occasion.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Cinkq: 10:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Gani adams is a verry responsible man, you could have mistaken him for the leader of the most popular terrorist group in Nigeria today after boko haram, nnamidiot Kanu.
PointZerom:
Afonja terrorist leader.
ipob is the only terrorist group southern Nigeria has ever produced.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by proudlyYoruba(m): 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
Isokowadoo:
Buhari Is Shedding Christian Blood, Northern Muslims are Happy, yoro Muslim's Likewise
Sir if i am to tell u a latge percentage of this people whom you said are happy about this senseless killings do not even not if people died. If u are from there u berra mobilize ur people cause the Daura màlúù aint doing șhit

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Lanretoye(m): 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
BAT is the real aare.

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Cinkq: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
biacan:
A verry good question you ask here, and the answer is verry simple.
Responsible people take Tinubu serious, miscreants take him with unseriousness.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by biacan(f): 11:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
Oga it don't warrant you to quote me
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by biacan(f): 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
Cinkq:
A verry good question you ask here, and the answer is verry simple.
Responsible people take Tinubu serious, miscreants take him with unseriousness.

Oga it doesn't warrant you to quote me

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:16am On Oct 18, 2017
Cinkq:
never knew people are avoiding the title, pls can you tell us about the yorubas who have rejected the title before?

Ask why before who.

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by emmasege: 9:59am On Oct 18, 2017
Is Gani Adams telling us that he's prepared to die the same way his predecessors died? Because I understand Aare Ona Kakanfos don't die peacefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by JoshMedia: 9:59am On Oct 18, 2017
Congratulations

Check my signature
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2017
Getting interesting
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Tobilastik(m): 10:00am On Oct 18, 2017
check out my signature
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by AntiWailer: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Wishaky(f): 10:02am On Oct 18, 2017
Yeye dey smell
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Dutchey(m): 10:02am On Oct 18, 2017
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by MorataFC: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2017
Cinkq:
No one has ever be given the title that has died naturally or peacefully.
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2017
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maina Scandal: Ex-efcc Chair, Ex-igp, 2 Heads Of Service Implicated / Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) / Blogger Musa Babale Azare Arrested In Abuja For Criticising Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.