Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams (20111 Views)

Operation Amotekun: Don't Blame Aare Ona Kakanfo If It Fails - Gani Adams / Tribunal Victory: Tinubu Congratulates Ogun Governor / Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:04am On Oct 18, 2017
Shameless!!!
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Sirambassador(m): 10:04am On Oct 18, 2017
Issokay
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Biodunalley: 10:05am On Oct 18, 2017
Cinkq:
Good one from asiwaju Bola tinubu.

Kids have invaded this thread with their shallow comments.
May God save this wonderful forum from their hands.

Was gbayi

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by grin88(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2017
PointZerom:
Afonja terrorist leader.

2 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by webngnews: 10:10am On Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria is finishes.giving honors to those who don't deserve it
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Jabioro: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2017
biacan:
Did I hear you say tinubu......? who takes him serious
Why are you like to be in trash always...

2 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2017
Good one from tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by richiepolymer(m): 10:12am On Oct 18, 2017
Wao.....I was expecting Afe BABALOLA, OBJ or BAT to be the next Aare Ona Kakanfo but Alaafin and the Elders know better.
Looking at it in a different perspective, Gani Adams has what it takes to command that title. Remember the title is the Military General of the Yoruba race. Adams has the Charisma and the leadership qualities to raise youth that can protect the interest of Yoruba race. Age is also on his side. So I guess it was a good decision.

6 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by olowo72(m): 10:12am On Oct 18, 2017
Self congratulations is a sign of maturity

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by MorataFC: 10:12am On Oct 18, 2017
Cinkq:
never knew people are avoiding the title, pls can you tell us about the yorubas who have rejected the title before?
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by BluntBoy(m): 10:17am On Oct 18, 2017
Aare Ona Kakanfo barely live up to old age. And they always die miserable deaths (assassinations, most especially).

The likes of S.L.K. Akintola and MKO Abiola come to mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Ajekuiya: 10:22am On Oct 18, 2017
PointZerom:
Afonja terrorist leader.

“Terrorist leader” what do you mean by that
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Ajekuiya: 10:24am On Oct 18, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Something tells me the Jagabans hand is in this, methinks he needs a generalisimo in view of the coming battles ahead.
Most yoruba men who know 'whats-up' usually avoid that title seeing the fate that befalls it's recipients. Since MKO died, only Obasanjo has actively sought that laurel and it was denied him for political reasons.
Can Gani Adams bear its weight ?

I see no other person who can/could than Adams

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 18, 2017
He deserves it. Afonja comes to mind. I hope he will not sell us to the Fulanis.
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by zoedew: 10:29am On Oct 18, 2017
biacan:
Did I hear you say tinubu......? who takes him serious

Most people except You and all who lost the last general elections in Nigeria. In summary, Losers don’t take Tinubu serious!

8 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2017
Ajekuiya:

I see no other person who can/could than Adams

There are scores of other men. Both Obasanjo and Tinubu were once candidates. Fayose is capable. If you compare the caliber of men who have held the position before to Ganiu you will notice a disconnect. Look deeper: maybe someone wants a pliant and expendable general ?
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by totorimi: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2017
No wonder many youths are taking to arms and militancy, with recognitions like this, it means indeed that the end justifies the means.

How do you explain to children who have seen this man in chains and read all that he did now been honoured with such title. BTW the man's command of the English language is suspect.
With this kind of thing I won't be surprised to see shekau being honoured as emir one day. Funny people.
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by zoedew: 10:39am On Oct 18, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Something tells me the Jagabans hand is in this, methinks he needs a generalisimo in view of the coming battles ahead.
Most yoruba men who know 'whats-up' usually avoid that title seeing the fate that befalls it's recipients. Since MKO died, only Obasanjo has actively sought that laurel and it was denied him for political reasons.

Did you say Obasanjo didn’t get to be AOK for political reasons? I think not! My take is that successive Alaafins are wary of having another Afonja! #traitorbetrayerrebellious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by zoedew: 10:42am On Oct 18, 2017
Cinkq:
never knew people are avoiding the title, pls can you tell us about the yorubas who have rejected the title before?

Tinubu was eminently qualified but unlike Goliath he saw the stone coming for his forehead! #omoyerieoko

2 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by zoedew: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2017
totorimi:
No wonder many youths are taking to arms and militancy, with recognitions like this, it means indeed that the end justifies the means.

How do you explain to children who have seen this man in chains and read all that he did now been honoured with such title. BTW the man's command of the English language is suspect.
With this kind of thing I won't be surprised to see shekau being honoured as emir one day. Funny people.

Quite apparent that you do not know that AOK title belongs to the proverbial head used in cracking the coconut shell! The cracked skull never gets to taste the coconut fruit disclosed in the cracked shell!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by manikspears: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2017
MorataFC:
No one has ever be given the title that has died naturally or peacefully.

no not one,not even in recent times the last two were Ladoke akintola and mko abiola and you know how there storey ended another one is the legendary afonja of ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Reference(m): 11:00am On Oct 18, 2017
Smart, strategic move by Tinubu. Make alliances along the western front and mop up all resources potential political invaders will have at their disposal when the 2019 battles begin. Let us see where APC-CPC division will perch in the west.

2 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by oladeebo: 11:29am On Oct 18, 2017
Gani Adam I doubt your leadership as Aare ona kakanfo of yoruba Land because of your age!
O w'omode ko sebi agba ojo ori o je
I think there wasn't any political motivation in your nomination!
If you let carry away by the politics then...
I was prove right!
oladeebo
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by okadoo: 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
PointZerom:
Afonja terrorist leader.

He's a terrorist and a killer.
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by jollymizzle(m): 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
Alaafin has made an excellent choice. This title is not meant for those who are politicians or who want to be politically correct. It's meant for the one who is willing to sacrifice everything for yorubaland. And Gani Adams has been at the forefront for many years now. Obasanjo, BAT even with their status as respected yoruba leaders don't deserve the title,though I haven't heard tinubu was interested. Obasanjo who wanted it was a nationalist, not that there's anything bad in that. But when it comes to the interest of the Yoruba people. Gani Adams has been our champion for some time now. And for the people saying he is too young, I don't know how a 57 year old man is being considered too young for the post of a general

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by 4dor: 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You're the only knowledgeable person on this thread, I totally agree with you, in fact the post was reserved for Jagaban but his mother made him promise not to accept it. Despite the influence, this title is a poisoned chalice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by jollymizzle(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
zoedew:

Tinubu was eminently qualified but unlike Goliath he saw the stone coming for his forehead! #omoyerieoko
tinubu is a great yoruba leader but the no this title is not for politicians, it's meant for warriors and jagaban is not one. It's like giving the title of balogun to the person fit to be iyaloja.

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Belafonte(m): 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
webngnews:
Nigeria is finishes.giving honors to those who don't deserve it

You're either a child or ignorant pleb. Where were members of your household when yorubaland was under siege? Where were you when Gani Adams put his life on the line to ensure that Yoruba heritage isn't wiped away? Cowering in fear under your beds in your little huts. This man is fully deserving of this honour. Do you even know the responsibilities of an Aare Ona Kakanfo? You better leave this place and go and play in the sand with your mates.

4 Likes

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
zoedew:

Did you say Obasanjo didn’t get to be AOK for political reasons? I think not! My take is that successive Alaafins are wary of having another Afonja! #traitorbetrayerrebellious

You just described a political reason

1 Like

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Leez(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
omowolewa:
Congratulations to Aree Gani Adams.

Only, there is a little no need for war these days.

except for these Fulani herdsmen things from Oke-Oya,

And those alledged to have imported guns,

Aree, if not for the skull miners repping Yoruba nation

and the kidnappers that we thought were of the uncultured tribes,

and dear devil robbers on our high ways,

not forgetting the People hiding under no man land slogan to merchandise their evil stocks.

Aree, gbogbo yoooba shigun fun e o!

(Oodua a gbewa oo o)
grin grin
u forgot
fraud
rape
mental slaves to dia gambari masters
hydraulic soup(yes issa crime)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by zoedew: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You just described a political reason

May I disagree. The context is traditional.
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by Belafonte(m): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

There are scores of other men. Both Obasanjo and Tinubu were once candidates. Fayose is capable. If you compare the caliber of men who have held the position before to Ganiu you will notice a disconnect. Look deeper: maybe someone wants a pliant and expendable general ?

Same Fayose who was hobnobbing with the hunchback idiotic pig? Or is there another Fayose I'm not aware of?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Emergence Has Sent Jitters To PDP Camp- Deputy Governors Forum / FFK Celebrates His Daughter, Folake's Birthday / Datti Baba Ahmed: El-Rufai Signs N1 Billion Law Suit For Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.