Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert (28392 Views)

Tyler Perry Reacts To Racquel Bailey's Billboard Advert To Get His Attention / Ghanaian Singer, Fuse ODG Poses With Dark Skin Queens (photo) / Too much money: SeyiLaw mark’s daughter’s birthday with billboard advert -Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by illustriousson(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
seunny4lif:
This things don dey get out of hand?
Everything now, na about light skin and the same problem is going on in India
It's worse in India, dark-skinned people are discriminated and considered poor, you rarely see a wealthy Indian that has a dark skin, Fair skin is a big societal demand in India, even in Bollywood, no successful dark-skinned actor, they won't give you a lead role,it's impossible lol, that's how bad it is.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

Woman will always look for a way to put the blame on men for their own deficiencies and failures.
I repeat, men do not care if a woman has light skin,dark skin,flat buttocks,big buttocks,flat chest,full chest,long hair,short hair even skincut.As long as a woman makes herself sexually available to a man,he will mate/copulate/have sex with her.
Women do not give a damn about the opinions men have of them,they only care about the views other women have of them.
Women are the ones who pressure other women to change features about themselves inorder for them to feel secure in their collective insecurities.
Skin bleaching,starving of oneself to become thinner(in many western states),weave wearing,tightening of feet to make it look smaller(in China),forceful female fattening(in Mauritania).You mean to tell me men give a damn about all these issues as much as women do?
Niggress please!
Im not completely saying that 100% of the insecurities come from men. Im saying, our own men do play a role in it, and thats because they're brainwashed by the media. Men do care about the features of a woman. How can you say otherwise? Really? You're really in denial because the evidence is everywhere. So many women even in this country are simply idolised just because of their looks. Even on NL, it happens. So thats not true. Women do care about the opinions of men. Yes, some more than others, but we care. End of story.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Okay. You THINk you don't live for the opinion of others, but indirectly one way or the other you do. You may not live your life soley based on it, but we all need the approval of others one way or the other. And most definitely by the opposite sex. If you argue with this you're simply in denial. Its that simple.
You will never truly understand the mindset of not giving a fucck about what others think of you because you are a woman.
I am very aware of how difficult it is for a woman to standout from the rest of her fellow women and not follow the herd,not follow the latest trends etc.That is why eccentric women hardly exist anywhere in the world.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Im not completely saying that 100% of the insecurities come from men. Im saying, our own men do play a role in it, and thats because they're brainwashed by the media Men do care about the features of a woman. How can you say otherwise? Really? You're really in denial because the evidence is everywhere. So many women even in this country are simply idolised just because of their looks. Even on NL, it happens. So thats not true. Women do care about the opinions of men. Yes, some more than others, but we care. End of story.
Listen,there is a major difference between what happens in the virtual world and what happens in reality.
Nigerian Men online even offline may scream their heads off when they see women with big buttocks(which is a social form of beauty in Nigeria but isnt in Norway) but in real life,when they meet women with small even flat butts,they have no problem with having relationships with them.
The men may scream for Beyonce but as Beyonce is 6000miles away from them,they will settle for (insert name)on their street or in their village.
I have a personal preference for tall women but that hasnt meant i havent had relationships with shorter ladies
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

You will never truly understand the mindset of not giving a fucck about what others think of you because you are a woman.
I am very aware of how difficult it is for a woman to standout from the rest of her fellow women and not follow the herd,not follow the latest trends etc.That is why eccentric women hardly exist anywhere in the world.
This is not about Not giving a fuuuck here. Do you get your hair cut to look only appealing for yourself? Do you buy nice clothes to only stare at yourself in the mirror? Do you purposely work hard at work to go unnoticed by your boss? Do you wear perfume so you only can sniff your body? You can not give a fucckk, but we indirectly as human beings want the approval of others, whether you accept it or not. It has nothing to do with following the crowd. We are social human beings who love being accommodated by people. Unless you are a loner who stays by yourself 24/7 then thats an exception. But for the rest of us, thats not the case. Sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
Piiko:
lemme come and be going
No, keep "Liking" her posts to make her feel important. grin
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by MENTORCH(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Lalas247:
Yes so he should

Dove got called out here too ... taking off a brown top to reveal white ...
Wtf is that suppose to mean .. we love our dark skin ... melanin rich .. that is just discrimination on dark skin if you can’t see what’s wrong with the billboard .. u are plain dumb undecided

Visibly fairer skin or
What’s wrong with dark skin undecided not everybody wants to bleach

It's in Africa they like to fool people and people bleach, here in America the dark skinned blacks don't bleach and are proud of their skin, even the ladies. Dark skinned black guys here are in high demand by all races, so why bleach.

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
No, keep "Liking" her posts to make her feel important. grin
Lool I just noticed the back and forth and thought to mend fences I never viewed the thread, next time I see you disturbing my bae here's what I will do

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

Listen,there is a major difference between what happens in the virtual world and what happens in reality.
Nigerian Men online even offline may scream their heads off when they see women with big buttocks(which is a social form of beauty in Nigeria but isnt in Norway) but in real life,when they meet women with small even flat butts,they have no problem with having relationships with them.
The men may scream for Beyonce but as Beyonce is 6000miles away from them,they will settle for (insert name)on their street or in their village.
I have a personal preference for tall women but that hasnt meant i havent had relationships with shorter ladies
This isnt just a social media issue. This has been an issue waaaayy before social media came into the picture. If this was only an issue online, i would not even be talking about this. If you really want us to go deep, we can go back to slavery, because thats where colourism began. Trust me this is not just an issue online, it happens everywhere in the world and especially in nigeria . If this is just an online thing, bleaching wouldn't be so popular in nigeria. I know what im saying.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
This is not about Not giving a fuuuck here. Do you get your hair cut to look only appealing for yourself? Do you buy nice clothes to only stare at yourself in the mirror? Do you purposely work hard at work to go unnoticed by your boss? Do you wear perfume so you only can sniff your body? You can not give a fucckk, but we indirectly as human beings want the approval of others, whether you accept it or not. It has nothing to do with following the crowd. We are social human beings who love being accommodated by people. Unless you are a loner who stays by yourself 24/7 then thats an exception. But for the rest of us, thats not the case. Sorry.
You are simply projecting your worldview on me with this post of yours
Like i've said before,i am a man.My decisions are mine and i take full responsibility for my actions regardless of the views other people have of me
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Piiko:
Lool I just noticed the back and forth and thought to mend fences I never viewed the thread, next time I see you disturbing my bae here's what I will do
Next time, asslick wisely. Don't glorify a fool with "Likes" and "Shares" 'cause she may never know how foolish she's. That's, if you have her best interest at heart.

Have a nice day. grin
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
Next time, asslick wisely. Don't glorify a fool with "Likes" and "Shares" 'cause she may never know how foolish she's. That's, if you have her best interest at heart.

Have a nice day. grin
that's a very dumb and uncouth way to talk, not nice and unladylike, whatever rocks your boat, I am done!
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
This isnt just a social media issue. This has been an issue waaaayy before social media came into the picture. If this was only an issue online, i would not even be talking about this. If you really want us to go deep, we can go back to slavery, because thats where colourism began. Trust me this is not just an issue online, it happens everywhere in the world and especially in nigeria . If this is just an online thing, bleaching wouldn't be so popular in nigeria. I know what im saying.
Safiaa,lets stop the rigmaroling and go straight to the issue which is clearly bothering you
Are you dark skinned?
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by ibkayee(f): 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Lol thank you for being one of the only people providing this thread with sense sha

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
The first day I saw dt ad, my first sttmnt was dt -nivea too has joined d bandwagon. Shame.

Well, guess theyre just following the market. But this is a viscious cycle. When well known brands start peddling bleaching, its like theyre validating it. Makes it seem normal to the average woman psychologically. Same way relaxers and weaves are now normal. And a black woman with natural hair is considered abnormal.

The next generation will be very messed up if this nonsense doesnt stop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

You are simply projecting your worldview on me with this post of yours
Like i've said before,i am a man.My decisions are mine and i take full responsibility for my actions regardless of the views other people have of me
You are a man. Yes. You take responsibility for your actions. Yes. However, that is not the point im trying to make. What I'm saying is that you indirectly look for the approval of others, in your everyday life. Whether you want to accept it or not. As long as its not a desperate attempt, theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. We are human beings. The same way you indirectly look for approval is the same way women imdirectly look for approval. And thats why men play a role when it comes to millions of women in Nigeria bleaching their skin. And thats the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa,are you dark skinned?
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Piiko:
that's a very dumb and uncouth way to talk, not nice and unladylike, whatever rocks your boat, I am done!
Speaking of dumb and uncouth comments, like you failed to realize how uncouth your follower is. You're such a hypocrite!.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

Safiaa,lets stop the rigmaroling and go straight to the issue which is clearly bothering you
Are you dark skinned?
This has nothing to do with my skintone darling. Colourism is something I'm totally against. Its also something i study in uni. So please, don't try to use my skin tone agaisnt me. Use my words.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol thank you for being one of the only people providing this thread with sense sha
Thanks babe. Im honestly going crazy in this thread lol..its annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
Speaking of dumb and uncouth comments, like you failed to realize how uncouth your follower is. You're such a hypocrite!.
let's do a challenge, I will give my password to anyone here and there can check my likes and shares, if I didn't like any of her posts, you should replace your signature with "I am an idiot and dumb skull" for at least a week, it's normal to have differences in opinion and worldviews both of you don't have to agree, no need for transfer of aggression I didn't like how you were insultuve coz of differing opinions, you need to learn human relationship even though Safiaa isn't a pleasant person from what I know
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
You are a man. Yes. You take responsibility for your actions. Yes. However, that is not the point im trying to make. What I'm saying is that you indirectly look for the approval of others, in your everyday life. Whether you want to accept it or not. As long as its not a desperate attempt, theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. We are human beings. The same way you indirectly look for approval is the same way women imdirectly look for approval. And thats why men play a role when it comes to millions of women in Nigeria bleaching their skin. And thats the problem.
Women dont really look for the approval of men.They care much more about the approval they get from other women.
Nigerian women bleach their skins because they get pressured by other Nigerian women to bleach their skins.

Nigerian women to other women;"Safiaa,see how you just yellow.You looking frossh"

Nigerian women to other women:"Safiaa,why you dey on low-cut everytime eh?No money to buy weave on?"

and so on...Safiaa,give me a break with your bullshi.t excuses
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by MissOpe(f): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
AceRoyal:
"Inferiority complex is the only reason many blacks(women especially) want to change their skin complexion".

Let's start from the definition of Inferiority complex, What does that mean?

Given by the world's definition, Yes the black man is inferior to the white man, stop using bold face...
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by ibkayee(f): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Thanks babe. Im honestly going crazy in this thread lol..its annoying.
Lol the ignorance is baffling but not surprising

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
This has nothing to do with my skintone darling. Colourism is something I'm totally against. Its also something i study in uni. So please, don't try to use my skin tone agaisnt me. Use my words.
Colourism in Nigerian began with the advent of affordable satellite tv in the late 1990s.
That was when Nigerian ladies started watching black american ladies who then spread their insecurities to other coloured women around the world.
Before then,i hardly heard anyone in Nigeria use the terms dark skinned,light skinned,chocolate or whatever.
Is Nigeria not a "black nation"?How can i make fun of you for being black?Am i not also black?
Na wa o.Women and their insecurities
Mtscheww
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by DJMCOTTY(m): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ghana people wey black like under bed
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

Women dont really look for the approval of men.They care much more about the approval they get from other women.
Nigerian women bleach their skins because they get pressured by other Nigerian women to bleach their skins.

Nigerian women to other women;"Safiaa,see how you just yellow.You looking frossh"

Nigerian women to other women:"Safiaa,why you dey on low-cut everytime eh?No money to buy weave on?"

and so on...Safiaa,give me a break with your bullshi.t excuses
Okay. There's a truth to what you're saying. But you're not being realistically here. Women want attraction from the opposite sex, please do not argue with that. We are not lesbians who thrive off attention from other women. Yes it's nice when other females compliment us, but my attraction is not directed at women, dont you get? Do you think women risk their lives for butt/breast enhancements just to be attractive for themselves and other ladies? No. Stop acting like this conversation has nothing to do with men, its just silly.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

Colourism in Nigerian began with the advent of affordable satellite tv in the late 1990s.
That was when Nigerian ladies started watching black american ladies who then spread their insecurities to other coloured women around the world.
Before then,i hardly heard anyone in Nigeria use the terms dark skinned,light skinned,chocolate or whatever.
Is Nigeria not a "black nation"?How can i make fun of you for being black?Am i not also black?
Na wa o.Women and their insecurities
Mtscheww
Im actually draining myself from arguing with you. Colourism in nigeria did not start in the late 1990s, i dont need to argue. Why would you ask me about my skin tone when it has nothing to do with this conversation? What is right is right, and what is wrong is wrong. I'm draining myself. I cant argue with you any longer.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
Piiko:
let's do a challenge, I will give my password to anyone here and there can check my likes and shares, if I didn't like any of her posts, you should replace your signature with "I am an idiot and dumb skull" for at least a week, it's normal to have differences in opinion and worldviews both of you don't have to agree, no need for transfer of aggression I didn't like how you were insultuve coz of differing opinions, you need to learn human relationship even though Safiaa isn't a pleasant person from what I know
Mr, do yourself a favour by checking who started off with derogatory remarks. Perhaps you'll know who to tell of taking cognizance that views are divergent. Untill then, goodluck with asslicking. cheesy
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Okay. There's a truth to what you're saying. But you're not being realistically here. Women want attraction from the opposite sex, please do not argue with that. We are not lesbians who thrive off attention from other women. Yes it's nice when other females compliment us, but my attraction is not directed at women, dont you get? Do you think women risk their lives for butt/breast enhancements just to be attractive for themselves and other ladies? No. Stop acting like this conversation has nothing to do with men its just silly.
This issue clearly has nothing to do with men.
Men are not responsible for women being mentally weak
It boggles the mind that a person would put their health at risk by carrying out supposedly corrective measures/procedures because someone made a disparaging comment about their supposed physical flaw
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

This issue clearly has nothing to do with men.
Men are not responsible for women being mentally weak
It boggles the mind that a person would put their health at risk by carrying out supposedly corrective measures/procedures because someone made a disparaging comment about their supposed physical flaw
Alright sir. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Im actually draining myself from arguing with you. Colourism in nigeria did not start in the late 1990s, i dont need to argue Why would you ask me about my skin tone when it has nothing to do with this conversation? What is right is right, and what is wrong is wrong. I'm draining myself. I cant argue with you any longer.
Just admit you have nothing else to post.
I knew it was just a matter of time with the way you've been posting thesame things over and over again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Davido Violated NYSC Bye-laws, Travelled To 7 Countries / Hailey Adeleke: Davido Shares Adorable Photo Of His Second Daughter / Photos From Bambam's 29th Birthday Bash In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.