Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon (7414 Views)

Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude / Nollywood Is Going Betterwood- Kajola Movie Trailer / Have You Guys Heard Of Kajola: The New Action/futuristic Film From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by AloyEmeka5: 3:09am On Mar 13, 2010
Watch kajola preview. I am sure this one will impress even the Nollywood bashers here.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rzU1UZtQw0&hl=en_US&fs=1&">[/flash]
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by InesQor(m): 3:16am On Mar 13, 2010
Kajola is just superb. I personally know the director. smiley
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by THEAMAKA(f): 3:49am On Mar 13, 2010
this is great!!!
finally something different. some Sci-Fi, maybe horror one day, ect. . .
Nollywood might actually be taking off, who knows.
smiley
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obinna5000(m): 7:47am On Mar 13, 2010
@Aloy+Emeka

Its not a bad teaser trailer.  wink

But the CGI environments are not photo-realistic enough. The environments and the enemy soldiers look too animated. I remember how real the alien creatures and ships in "District 9" looked even though they were CGIs.

But its not a bad attempt. I hope the storyline will be good as well.  cool
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 13, 2010
All I can say is "damn, I want that on my bed on an early saturday morning"
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by AloyEmeka5: 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2010
FL Gators:

hmmm kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by ogagusps3: 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2010
I no fit laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by swaga007: 11:31am On Mar 15, 2010
i see, lol
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by bluespice(f): 11:37am On Mar 15, 2010
it looked like a cartoon to be honest, but i guess it's good
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by NSNA: 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2010
when is it coming out?
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by Redman44(m): 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2010
@Poster, I love the trailer of the movie and I think it is going to make some impact in Nollywood. More and more Nigerians are coming out with interesting projects these days. Kunle Afolayan has set the ball rolling with The Figurine and I know Film Producers in our country have received the wake up call. I'm still waiting for someone who will turn Cyprian Ekwensi's '' The Passport of Mallam Ilia '' into a movie. The way I'm seeing it, the person will need to have a lot of money [ Producing Mallam Ilia will cost about 500-800 Million Naira ] and foreign collaboration. We need the likes of Steven Spielberg to make the movie a reality. The Passport of Mallam Ilia, if produced, will earn Nigeria international recognition. Cyprian Ekwensi's story is lovely. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obailala(m): 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2010
This isn't the first Nigerian made cartoon but it's still a good development
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by BluMalam(m): 12:43pm On Mar 15, 2010
_Watchin & Waitin, hope its worth the hype, from a self-confessed nolly-basher ;D_
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by initiator(m): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
Nice attempt but its pretty not-believable to me. Would like to watch the whole thing though.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by e36991: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obinna5000(m): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2010
Its not an animated movie. Its a live-action sci-fi movie with somehow realistic 3D in fusion. Its not a bad attempt.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by Redman44(m): 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2010
The second trailer is good too. I want the poster to come out with more information smiley smiley smiley Who are the guys behind KAJOLA? Why the name KAJOLA? And I'm happy Desmond Elliot is involved in this movie. However, unlike The Figurine's trailers, KAJOLA's trailers are not telling a story. The narration on KAJOLA'S trailers suck sad sad

@ Poster/ Posters

You can do better!!!

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by e36991: 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2010
Redman44:

The second trailer is good too.

I want the poster to come out with more information smiley smiley smiley

Who are the guys behind KAJOLA? Why the name KAJOLA?

And I'm happy Desmond Elliot is involved in this movie.

However, unlike The Figurine's trailers, KAJOLA's trailers are not telling a story.

The narration on KAJOLA'S trailers suck sad sad

@ Poster/ Posters

You can do better!!!

@Redman44

FYI considering you asked . . .

Kajola is the yoruba word for commonwealth.

In the year 2059, Nigeria becomes a totalitarian state. After a second civil war, the rich relocate to the Island areas of Lagos state and turn it into an ultra modern city. The war torn mainland of lagos state is disconnected and abandoned.

A rebel leader, Allen learns of a plot codenamed kajola to build cities on the mainland and eliminate the remaining survivors. He leads a rebellion against the govt. And must be stopped by Yetunde, the police chief. Though mortal enemies, both discover that everything they thought they knew were nothing but lies.

Its a story of love and lust and it heightens the fact that if we don't deal with the segregation and negligence issues facing the country today, then our future is quite predictable because TOMORROW IS TODAY.

The film stars the unique talents of Adonijah Owiriwa, Keira Hewatch, Desmond Elliot, Cassandra Odita and TJ Morgan.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obinna5000(m): 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2010
"Kajola" is not a bad attempt at a Science Fiction movie from Adonis Production. But I still believe there is still room for improvement.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obailala(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2010
Oh my God!!!!!. . .I think this is gonna be really interesting. . .the second trailer is far more convincing. . .i withdraw my earlier comment wink
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by jessefly: 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2010
THIS IS JUST CARTOON MADE BY ONE GRAPHIC DUDE WHO DEY PROBABLY PAID SOME BIG BUCKS
ABEG U GUYS WILL END UP WATCHING THIS CARTOON ND CLAMOR FOR 9JA TO STICK WITH THEIR CONVENTIONAL MOVIES
EVEN COUNTRIES WITH MORE ADVANCED MOVIE MAKING SKILL DO NOT VENTURE IN THIS KIND STUFF
9JA IS SO FORWARD WITH THINGS CANT WE LIK BE TRYING OUT HIGH SPEED CHASES, GUNFITES, STUNTS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO MAKE OUR OWN AVATAR MOVIE
PLS LETS STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES D NEXT STAGE FOR US IS TOBE MAKING ACTION PACKED FILMS, OR HORROR INSTEAD OF THIS
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obinna5000(m): 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2010
@jessefly
I still believe there is a lot of room for improvement. I give kudos to the guy or team that even tried to do something like this. The scenery may not look photorealistic enough but it not a bad attempt.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2010
Looks like a huge leap taken by Nollywood and the production team.
Kudo's to them.

Just a thought sha. . . . .

I thought the movie/trialer is too. . .  .ummm westernized.
I'd rather have a sci-fi that incorporates/showcases the African or Nigerian culture.

Why the robots? Surely, they (we) can first work towards perfecting the disappearing acts of ghosts and spirits.

Does Nigeria have a lab with those high tech computers?? I don't so.

The fighting scene? Not bad. But i'd rather see some proper agbero style body slamming. Not some taekwando or something.

All the same, I happy for them.
Nollywood is going places.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obinna5000(m): 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2010
@OMO IBO
The story of "Kajola" is set in the year 2059. So, its a futuristic film.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by THEAMAKA(f): 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2010
some people are really so negative!!! GOSH!!!
give them a bleeping chance to come out with it first before you start running your mouth.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obailala(m): 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2010
@jessefly
I totally agree with u. Instead of Nigerians to perfect the art of making simple action films, they are jumping into producing their own avatar.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
obailala:

@jessefly
I totally agree with u. Instead of Nigerians to perfect the art of making simple action films, they are jumping into producing their own avatar.
jessefly:

THIS IS JUST CARTOON MADE BY ONE GRAPHIC DUDE WHO DEY PROBABLY PAID SOME BIG BUCKS
ABEG U GUYS WILL END UP WATCHING THIS CARTOON ND CLAMOR FOR 9JA TO STICK WITH THEIR CONVENTIONAL MOVIES
EVEN COUNTRIES WITH MORE ADVANCED MOVIE MAKING SKILL DO NOT VENTURE IN THIS KIND STUFF
9JA IS SO FORWARD WITH THINGS CANT WE LIK BE TRYING OUT HIGH SPEED CHASES, GUNFITES, STUNTS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO MAKE OUR OWN AVATAR MOVIE
PLS LETS STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES D NEXT STAGE FOR US IS TOBE MAKING ACTION PACKED FILMS, OR HORROR INSTEAD OF THIS
My sentiments exactly.

Thank You fellas.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by Nixnugo(f): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2010
I saw this trailer a while back and i was very happy with what i saw! Though i must say the sci-fi 'effects' were very cartoon esque, i thought from a cartoon/video game standpoint, it was very impressive. But why i'm excited to see this is that FINALLY nollywood producers are thinking OUT-OF-THE-BOX with movies. Its refreshing to see something new. Desmond Elliot's characters make up is very dramatic, which i love! Even though the blonde/ginger beard looked a bit funny. Hope more people can take a note of this and continue to push the creativity of Nigerian film making. Can't wait to see it!
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by obinna5000(m): 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2010
Does anyone know if "Kajola" has a marketer or a distributor? Or will it be shown in cinemas first
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by Wrex(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
jessefly:

Guys like you are not meant to post comments on this thread.You believe in the same old idea.You detest change and thats why you are stagnant.With this kind of thinking,you will never move forward.
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by tomelistic(f): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2010
pls, this is still rubbish, luks so fake, it can only go for a cartoon. for Gods sake nollywud and hollywud r not competing, is all about entertainment nt annoying somebody or rediculing urself. i dont want to spend my money buying " well they r trying kind of movie or lets encourage them kind of movie" every country is well known wit somthing, bollywud is well known with love song and stories yet it sells well, all these mexican and phillipians love soap opera r everywhere in the market. it is not wen u do science fiction that they will yes we have arrived. let them write a gud story and act it well and see if nollywud will not grow, we have gud story writers in nigeria but they will not encourage them so they will gud stories to act, they will kip acting one thing over and over again. we dont have the money or the facilites to produce science fiction so just bone it simple. soon they will tell produce Nigerian Avatar with N600,000 and expect me to encourage them, nonsense. we no fit, we no fit abeg. make we bone am concentrate on how to develop the small ones we r doing here. no bi competition. we mustnt copy them in every thing haba!!! na jazzzzzz tomorow dey will say we r independent. who saiii angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon by Dark1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2010
ogagusps3:

I no fit laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin . . . I can't fit 2 laff as well! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video : SELINA TESTED EPISODE 18 / New Nollywood Channel For Uk Residents / Cnn Features Nigerian Cartoon Show Bino And Fino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.