Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Letter To The Depressed From Anothernigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To The Depressed From Anothernigerian (452 Views)

Proof That Femi Adesina Is Depressed With His Job And May Resign Soon / Lauretta Onochie: Atiku Is Depressed Get Him His Pills / "Buhari Has Been Depressed About All The Killings Happening''- Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Depressed From Anothernigerian by MrThisandthat(m): 12:50am On Oct 19, 2017
Hello my beautifully made friend,
How are you doing today? I sincerely hope you have not chosen to eat yourself up today yet again?

Even if you have, I am here today to stand right by your side and plead with you to step out of that zone and see the amazing anesthetics of life that you have missed ever since you chose to live your life thinking everything that has ever gone wrong is all your fault.
I promise you, life is beautiful. This has not only been certified by me but by billions out there, they too in their own ways have had a taste of bitterness you face today and from the little I have been able to gather it has never been a funny phase for anyone.

I don't know why you think it's all coming to an end for you in life but I know no matter what the situation is at the moment it can never last forever, you can quote me anywhere. There is this fighting spirit in each and everyone of us, it's so tender that if you don't put it to work it falls asleep and in this state we all become vulnerable to all forms of abuse whether physically, emotionally, mentally or what have you. Please keep up the fighting spirit and don't ever let it go.

It might seem like it always ends in a deadlock for you but if I may assure you, the more you fight for it the closer you are to victory.

I know you might not want to talk to people or share how you feel because you don't want to be mocked, I really do understand how you feel because until I had an experience with someone that was really knocked by it, I never believed depression was real, but when I got to talk to the person and putting together all those I have been able to talk to, I learnt it never started overnight but a gradual thing which started like a joke and metamorphosised to the level that took God's grace to be redeemed.

If you would chose to listen to me, don't let it (depression) have the slightest chance any longer, get busy, be happy for no reason, always remember that your case isn't and will never be the worst. Your potentials are immeasurable only if you work towards it. "You cannot eat yourself up and have it".

Always think positively of yourself, you can't tell me you have never been successful at anything in life. At least you making it out alive when you were delivered is a great success likewise being alive today let alone reading this. So why will you always remember situations you failed? Haven't they made you sad enough? Let them go away with the past, if you must think let them be the successful phases you have passed through, you will smile uncontrollably even if you are alone. When you make this a habit depression will be history in no time.

Let me put a stop here before I go out of the point.

In a nut shell, what I keep saying is that YOU ARE NOT FINISHED YET, give yourself a chance, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Yours truly
AnotherNigerian

Source: http://www.anothernigerian.com/2017/10/letter-to-depressed-from-anothernigerian.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Time To Re-channel Our Collective Resentment To The Thieves Among Us / NIMC Advises Nigerians To Obtain National Identification Numbers / President Buhari Returns To Abuja After A 4-day Visit To Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.