Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! (4830 Views)

Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother / Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court / Buhari Receives Obasanjo At The Presidential Villa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by shutmouth(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2007
I won't rest until Atiku is wiped off Nigerian politics.

What has he done for Nigeria as VP than corruption and reckless use of the laws.

Say whatever you like don't give a sh***t
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by alabiyemmy(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2007
Atiku to the state house? A man vacated his office to pursue an ambition? what has he done to merit going back to the state house? Because he deflected and because he won a couple of court cases? Sorrounded by certificate forgers like Tinubu? What has he got to show for 8 years as the VP? If he means all he says, let him resign honourably - the accolade would have been resounding much more than all these court cases.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by Tobiegal(f): 8:07am On Feb 22, 2007
shutmouth:

What has he done for Nigeria as VP than corruption and reckless use of the laws.

Wel, mayb u shd rest al u can now, cos u aint in 4 no rest as Atiku would not be wiped off Nigerian Politics.

Love him or hate him, he has proven to be able to stand firm in d faces of his 'enemies',
he has recorded verdicts in his favour in the court of law, that would always be referred to in Nigerian History

alabiyemmy:

Atiku to the state house? A man vacated his office to pursue an ambition? what has he done to merit going back to the state house? Because he deflected and because he won a couple of court cases? Sorrounded by certificate forgers like Tinubu? What has he got to show for 8 years as the VP? If he means all he says, let him resign honourably - the accolade would have been resounding much more than all these court cases.

Wel, mayb not back-down makes him a Nigerian, neva knew anyone in Power to back down, lets face it, power is sweet! Besides, he owes no body any explaination for decamping, he has the right to Free Association contained in the Nigerian Constitution, and would stil be VP cos he was elected into Office by the electorates (Nigerian people)!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by Tobiegal(f): 8:12am On Feb 22, 2007
shutmouth:

Wel, mayb u shd rest al u can now, cos u aint in 4 no rest as Atiku would not be wiped off Nigerian Politics.

Love him or hate him, he has proven to be able to stand firm in d faces of his 'enemies',
he has recorded verdicts in his favour in the court of law, that would always be referred to in Nigerian History

alabiyemmy:

Wel, mayb dat makes him a Nigerian, neva knew anyone in Power to back down, lets face it, power is sweet! grin Besides, he owes no body explaination for decamping, he has the right to Free Association contained in the Nigerian Constitution, and would stil be VP cos he was elected into Office by the electorates (Nigerian people)!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2007
shutmouth:

You must be sick in the head seriously! Who da Bleep are you to make sucha  statement?  I wont rest until Atiku is wiped off Nigerian politics

Yeah! you shouldnt give a shit because you're shit reincarnate!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by shutmouth(m): 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2007
The heat on Atiku is already too hot for him and his rogues like you to handle.

Can't you get it, the fight for Atiku is over. Atiku is dead politically.

Are you still waiting to receive him at the Airport as your god, forget it
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2007
I wish am in 9ja, you'll see @ da VIP lounge with my own entourage! But unfortuantely, am far away!

I think you're da one feeling too much heat from your personal vandetta with His Excellency Atiku Abubakar and i would advise you tak is easy before you get stroke wink
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by shutmouth(m): 12:54pm On Feb 22, 2007
His Excellency Atiku Abubakar

What a C-H-E-E-K?
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2007
You'll get more shockers! just wait and watch! cheesy
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by shutmouth(m): 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2007
The only shocker that i will get already occurred on Feb 20.

And that is Atiku is out of the race

What else!!!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by atiku07(m): 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2007
@sHUTMOUTH
MUNGO PARK KEEP WATCHING RETARDED ALBINO U WILL BE SURPRISED
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by Mariory(m): 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2007
shutmouth:

The only shocker that i will get already occurred on Feb 20.

And that is Atiku is out of the race

What else!!!

What a welcome surprise that was too. Atiku will soon be going to his true home, with iron bars and gays waiting to welcome him. grin

Atiku, Rest In Pieces.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by Hugoboi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2007
Whats beef?? ??

What a welcome surprise that was too. Atiku will soon be going to his true home, with iron bars and gays waiting to welcome him.

Thats beef!! !!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by upson(m): 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2007
Beef or no beef, Atiku is a top contender for the number one spot.
This is the outcome of limited choices posed to Nigerians by the current administration.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2007
wink
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by twinstaiye(m): 11:50am On Feb 23, 2007
"I completely disagree with that decision which I consider to be constitutionally wrong, illegally untenable, technically illogical and politically dangerous for the sustenance of the nation's peace, order and good government. It is also capable of taking integrity out of politics, particularly party politics.
"The judgment is laden with disturbing consequences. For instance, if the President who is Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) dies today, the Vice President who was Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) but now of Action Congress becomes the President by virtue of Section 146(1) of the Constitution.
"He will then appoint an Action Congress (AC) Vice President subject to the confirmation of the National Assembly. He will also appoint Action Congress (AC) Ministers to administer the affairs of the nation with him. But the electorate did not vote in 2003 for an Action Congress (AC) President.
"Equally, the electorate did not vote for the programmes of the Action Congress (AC) as there was no Action Congress (AC) in 2003.
"Clearly, by Section 224 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, every party must have a programme.
"At the moment, Atiku Abubakar is competent by this decision to attend the Federal Executive Council meeting as Vice President armed with the political, economic and social programme of the Action Congress (AC). What a new constitutional disorder!
"The decision of the Court of Appeal has spelt the death knew of the institution and constitutional importance of political parties as the basis of our constitutional democracy.
"In this respect, the Court of Appeal has by this critically unfortunate decision re-written a new but absolutely confusing constitutional order which has the tendency of causing political and constitutional instability in the country.
"I pray and hope that the Supreme Court will set aside this judgment, which in my view is contrary to the letters and spirit of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999."

That is vintage Gani for you. I had said it earlier on this thread that, the decision of the Appeal court is a bad precedence. I had not thought about the angle Gani raised. The judgement is preposterous, and it cannot pass through the Supreme court. Either the Appeal court judges are bribed or they are taking the issue of liberation of democracy too far, the judgment is too bazaar.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are We Nigerians So Lazy? / Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council / Abia Still The Safest State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.