Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! (4833 Views)

Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother / Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court / Buhari Receives Obasanjo At The Presidential Villa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by mowapa(m): 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2007
YES! THE RIGHT TO VOTE AND BE VOTED FOR.

ATIKU 12
} grin
OBJ 0
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by toshmann(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2007
shutmouth:

I can assure him that none of this will happen and if it does, any Military junta who takes over the affairs of the nation will assassinate all the corrupt politicians like Rawlings of Ghana did - purged Ghana of corrupt politicians that paved way for the country's progress and development today.

Watch out.

including OBJ and ATIKU
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by toshmann(m): 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2007
What is OBJ afriad of? if Atiku is a criminal, then let him finish his term and get arrested. why the desperate rush to get rid of him while he is still the VP? OBJ has not told us the truth.

both men are going to pay dearly for destroying our democracy. anyway, God has already started hearing our prayers in nigeria- Atiku stopped despotic OBJ from toying with our constitution via 3rd term. If OBJ can save nigeria by stopping Atiku from being president (by rigging the election as usual) as well as stop IBB from being presiden, then something good has come from both thieves.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2007
LadyT:

People are desperately clucthing onto straws by bringing OBJ into this. I'm just shocked Atiku has so much guts? Does he think he is invincible?

My dislike of this cockroach grows daily. I'm fed up with him, his advisors should be shot.
@ladyT, i now seriously think something is wrong somewhere, why are you running around like a headless chicken? Are you a plant by the Baba group. And please dont joke with Gods name in your senseless monologues about  Atiku this and Atiku that! Lemme tell you, it doesnt really matter if you dislike him or not, he will still continue pulling mammoth crowds wherever he went. Have you ever watched his campaign flag-offs. You will be shocked on where the pipo's allegiance lies. Its those same advisors that have advised him and so far he's won 12 court cases against Baba. Wat hav yu gat to say to dat!
Mariory:

He wants to be president by all means. He appears to view it as his right.

It aint a question of right, its a call for due process of da law to take pre-eminence. Noboby should be allowed to truncate our hard-earned democrcy becos of one stupid personal aggrandizment. Obj shouldnt forget in a hurry that it was this same Atiku that made him who he is today!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2007
toshmann:

What is OBJ afriad of? if Atiku is a criminal, then let him finish his term and get arrested. why the desperate rush to get rid of him while he is still the VP? OBJ has not told us the truth.

both men are going to pay dearly for destroying our democracy. anyway, God has already started hearing our prayers in nigeria- Atiku stopped despotic OBJ from toying with our constitution via 3rd term. If OBJ can save nigeria by stopping Atiku from being president (by rigging the election as usual) as well as stop IBB from being presiden, then something good has come from both thieves.
Dont you know? Atiku standing for elections (which he will and must, by da way) will seriously change the entire polity because presently he is da only one that his candidacy cutes across tribes and his picking an Ibo running mate has finally sealed the PDP and Yaradua's chances. PDP is gonna fail woefully in this coming elections (quote me anywhere). No wonder Baba is kicking against having pics of candidated on ballot papers. Lemme ask? why should Obj be interfering with INEC functions viz a viz 2007 elections. This is despotism of da highest order and smacks of tyrannical lunacy. So, you calling Atiku a thief is so uncalled for! After all we all believe in the judiciary that a person is innocent until found guilty, True or Fasle!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by debosky(m): 6:49pm On Feb 20, 2007
I don't know if Atiku is the 'best' candidate or not (that would depend on your definition of best), what I know is that the so called 'indictment' by the Fg holds no water: no houses bought with govt money, no personal benefit to Atiku from the so called loaning money to Adenuga by a private bank, Not PTDF, simply because Atiku placed PTDF funds in the bank, with all this happening 6 months after the money was placed. it is mere conjecture and hearsay. Obj has no proof to nail Atiku with, without incriminating himself as well, thats why it is this flimsy accusation that they've been able to come up with since 1999.

the indictment will fall in court before the end of March, mark my words. There is absolutely nothing the FG can do to stop him from contesting. It is his right, and he is enforcing it the right way. Obj's backhanded methods may work against small fry, it won't work on Atiku.

Let the people reject him at the polls if he is so unpopular. the dude must be giving Obj hemorrhoids by now grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2007
My fear is let Baba not get heart attack and slump and , That will be another matter, da way he's going about spitting fire and brimstone, if 'HIS' will is not done in da coming elections, wat a pity! He has really bitten more than he could shew now! Trying to nail Atiku is like trying to hold water with bare hand! Its not possile.

¡Viejo hombre estúpido que no puede respetarse, viejo tonto Obasanjo!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by mowapa(m): 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2007
MY PRAYER FOR NIGERIA IS THAT THE ENEMY OF THIS COUNTRY SHOULD NOT DIE BEFORE ITS GLORY SHINES.Because psalm 23 said thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. OBJ and ATIKU may the good lord keep you alive to bear witness to this GLORY.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by atiku07(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2007
Well as i have always said atiku still remain the most experienced hand in tink tanking the nigerian affairs come next election.

Well am not surprised he floored that old man the twelfth time it is an achievement infact that guys political cv can really intimidate any one. that is why baba is doing anything he can to stop him

well if i were yaradua i will just hands off the presidential thing to save ma self from disgrace.
and i want u all to know one thing when we talk about democracy obasanjo's name is no where to be found in the democratic dictionary. but i want u all to know one thingy atiku is a politician he has realy exibit that he is a true democrat and an ardent advocate of the constitution. Well u may all say he is a defaulter of the constitution i tink he knows dis job more than baba simple.

so think IT IS TIME OBJ GET THE FUCKING REALITY INTO HIS STIKY BRAIN THAT HE HAS NO COMMON RIGHT OVER THE VP AND NEITHER CAN HE TRUNCATE HIS AMBITION
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by alabiyemmy(m): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2007
i am sick. Anything happens in Nigeria. Put politicks aside and think about the man Atiku and his antecedents. What has he got to say or deliver? God help us.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by alabiyemmy(m): 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2007
It is not yet victory for him, may his likes never happen to Nigeria anymore.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2007
alabiyemmy:

It is not yet victory for him, may his likes never happen to Nigeria anymore.

and wat exactly's your point!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by alabiyemmy(m): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2007
my point is that he is not good for us, he is just bluffing, what has he got to offer.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2007
alabiyemmy:

my point is that he is not good for us, he is just bluffing, what has he got to offer.

I'll be more comfortable when you personalise instead of generalise on what he can offer. Am even tired of guys like you not really looking beyond da horizon @ da BIG picture.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by McKren(m): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2007
People please I like to remind us that the court verdict today did not rule that Atiku is the next President of Nigeria. It did not even rule that he will take part in elections come April so I simply dont understand what the fuss is about. By this judgement he will only finish his remaining 98days in office.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by alabiyemmy(m): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2007
@ ugodaniel

You are tired? Not yet,

what big picture are you talking about? please tell us what we can't see.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by LadyT(f): 10:54pm On Feb 20, 2007
ugodaniel:

@ladyT, i now seriously think something is wrong somewhere, why are you running around like a headless chicken? Are you a plant by the Baba group. And please don't joke with Gods name in your senseless monologues about  Atiku this and Atiku that! Lemme tell you, it doesnt really matter if you dislike him or not, he will still continue pulling mammoth crowds wherever he went. Have you ever watched his campaign flag-offs. You will be shocked on where the pipo's allegiance lies. Its those same advisors that have advised him and so far he's won 12 court cases against Baba. What hav yu got to say to that!
It aint a question of right, its a call for due process of da law to take pre-eminence. Noboby should be allowed to truncate our hard-earned democrcy because of one stupid personal aggrandizment. Obj shouldnt forget in a hurry that it was this same Atiku that made him who he is today!

I really have hurt your feelings haven't I?

You hate me so much you follow me into topics to post nonesense.  Read my text ATIKU will never win.  ATIKU is a CROOK! 

People like you are so brainless you claim Im running around are you not posting in the same topics I am posting in? Get a life
Cry if you wish,   grin
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by lewa(m): 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2007
All of Atiku's nemesis on this thread-----where/who/which body/person has found him to be corrupt?So refering to him as a thief.is at best without proof!Tell OBJ to submit himself to the Senate committeee on PTDF!Atiku's done so and has dared Nuhu to publish anything it has on him!OBJ instead of coming out straight with facts,is busy wasting tax payers money with unnecessary,moribound,baseless cases, without any prima facie at the Appellate, Code of Conduct Tribunal and even all the way to the Supreme Court!Aremu should tell us the source of his new found wealth, a la source of funds for The Bells University, Transcorp,Obj Farms,source of funds Uba laundered for him in the USA and most importantly PTDF funds and the financial records of the oil industry he ran for 8 years!
The Atiku/OBJ imbroglio is harmful for democracy though,but cut Atiku some flak, OBJ should tell the whole world about the genie and the lamp in his basement!Shikena!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by LadyT(f): 11:12pm On Feb 20, 2007
lewa:

All of Atiku's nemesis on this thread-----where/who/which body/person has found him to be corrupt?So refering to him as a thief.is at best without proof!Tell OBJ to submit himself to the Senate committeee on PTDF!Atiku's done so and has dared Nuhu to publish anything it has on him!OBJ instead of coming out straight with facts,is busy wasting tax payers money with unnecessary,moribound,baseless cases, without any prima facie at the Appellate, Code of Conduct Tribunal and even all the way to the Supreme Court!Aremu should tell us the source of his new found wealth, a la source of funds for The Bells University, Transcorp,Obj Farms,source of funds Uba laundered for him in the USA and most importantly PTDF funds and the financial records of the oil industry he ran for 8 years!
The Atiku/OBJ imbroglio is harmful for democracy though,but cut Atiku some flak, OBJ should tell the whole world about the genie and the lamp in his basement!Shikena!

Where have you seen praise for OBJ?

This is what you Atilu lovers do your only claim is that anyone against Atiku is a OBJ fan.

But please answer me this. Please read carefully, If Atiku knew of OBJ's corrupt mismanagement of public funds while he has been in office WHY in GODS name did he not blow the trumpet then why do it now
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by alabiyemmy(m): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2007
What matters now is what happens if Atiku looses at the polls? That is more important than the verdict of today - of course they will rant and talk and say the elections were rigged etc. The verdict of today only means he can finish his term as a VP, but that doesnt still mean he will not be prosecuted by EFCC post election time.

We like to see each one of them loose their immunity and all their hidden secret exposed, especially TINUBU - a man who had a case of certificate forgery against him when he won elections, or have we suddenly forgotten that? This is the man now pushing Atiku and talking about democracy. Lets just wait till they all leave government, no wonder they want to stay in government so that all their misdeeds will continue to be buried and hidden.

For Atiku - if you disagree with a government in which you are part, why not do the honorary thing and resign? It would have made you a hero rather than staying in the same government and exposing and ridiculing a government in which logically you are still part of.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by LadyT(f): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2007
alabiyemmy:

What matters now is what happens if Atiku looses at the polls? That is more important than the verdict of today - of course they will rant and talk and say the elections were rigged etc. The verdict of today only means he can finish his term as a VP, but that doesnt still mean he will not be prosecuted by EFCC post election time.

We like to see each one of them loose their immunity and all their hidden secret exposed, especially TINUBU - a man who had a case of certificate forgery against him when he won elections, or have we suddenly forgotten that? This is the man now pushing Atiku and talking about democracy. Lets just wait till they all leave government, no wonder they want to stay in government so that all their misdeeds will continue to be buried and hidden.

For Atiku - if you disagree with a government in which you are part, why not do the honorary thing and resign? It would have made you a hero rather than staying in the same government and exposing and ridiculing a government in which logically you are still part of.

Im glad some of us can see this REALLY important points!!!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by shutmouth(m): 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2007
What matters now is what happens if Atiku looses at the polls?

What Polls?

The political parties have until 12 midnight today to replace all disqualified candidates. As far as I know, INEC's deadline cannot be changed.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by alabiyemmy(m): 11:27pm On Feb 20, 2007
, therefore he is not even contesting, glad to know that.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by shutmouth(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2007
, therefore he is not even contesting, glad to know that.

Technically, Legally and Constitutionally, YES.

Unless the disqualified candidates can obtain a court order to amend the constitution within the next 25 minutes.

Unfortunately only the parliament can amend the constitution.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by lewa(m): 11:35pm On Feb 20, 2007
Where have you seen praise for OBJ?

This is what you Atilu lovers do your only claim is that anyone against Atiku is a OBJ fan.

But please answer me this.  Please read carefully, If Atiku knew of OBJ's corrupt mismanagement of public funds while he has been in office WHY in GODS name did he not blow the trumpet then why do it now
First and foremost i never did refer to anyone praising OBJ!I guess you are intelligent enough to notice this!
Secondly i don't hold brief for Atiku, i just believe that since OBJ cast the first stone, Atiku did respond likewise and we can see whose backl is on the floor,well for now!
Thirdly,it makes sense for those who are otherwise jaundiced and biased to ask their principal to respond in kind to the damning allegations made.Running helter skelter from court to tribunal to Senate to EFCC to ICPC,to inviting foreign journalists,back to court has proved naught!Answer the questions Aremu!
Fourthly,since 2003,OBJ and Atiku fell out because of the 2nd term!I guess you don't know this!The third term issue now worsened issues. The chap has practically being squeezed out of government.His allegations, mind you date from 2003-PTDF account,the 2bn naira loan, the new college et al!I guess as a clever politician and furthermore as being longer in the business he knew it was a matter of time before their differences came out and when the opportune time came, he did to OBJ unforeseen damage to his so called reputable image
Fifth, it should behove us to have a grasp of info pertaining to politics before we rush to refutable statements.
Atiku might have his defaults,but OBJ rose to power through the PDM machine controlled by Atiku and again relied on this same network in 2003!So is it in 2006 that he now knew that his vice is corrupt?The same person that came to see him in prison,game him 100 million naira, and his political connections?Without Atiku,political pundits know OBJ would have never won Olu Falae in 1999!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by shutmouth(m): 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2007
lewa, don't waste your time with these analysis.

Leave all that stuff to history writers for our future generations to read in school's textbooks.

We have an election coming and that should be our main focus. OBJ and Atiku must be passed on to history because that is where they belong.

We are in 2007 and not in 1708, remember!!!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by lewa(m): 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2007
lewa, don't waste your time with these analysis.

Leave all that stuff to history writers for our future generations to read in school's textbooks.

We have an election coming and that should be our main focus. OBJ and Atiku must be passed on to history because that is where they belong.

We are in 2007 and not in 1708, remember!!!

Ok!You got a point though!Just trying to enlighten some people on contemporary history!
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by OBJ3(m): 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2007
very soon we shall know who is in control in this country angry angry
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by phadrea: 12:00am On Feb 21, 2007
I wonder why Obasanjo is fighting Atiku,the President should be tired of fighting his VP and face the Nation he is ruling because the masses are suffering.I believe Atiku has the right to vote and be voted for.it is left for the people to decide if Atiku should rule us or not.
  Am really happy for Atiku's Victory,it shows that he is innocent and all the Lawsuit filed against him,he has always come out victorious because they have found no charged but only he is been witch hunt by the FG.
  GO!!! ATIKU,U ARE THE MAN EVERYTIME,EVERYDAY.TO HELL WITH THE PRESIDENCY.
see the way they are messing people up,
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by shutmouth(m): 12:09am On Feb 21, 2007
I wonder why Obasanjo is fighting Atiku,the President should be tired of fighting his VP

Don't you know that when leaders are old, sick and about to die, they create wars.

Look at Napolion (Cancer in the stomach), Hitler (Cancer in the ear), Bush (Cancer on the face). Historians help me here!!!

I suspect OBJ is sick. What else can drive him to this useless warfare with Atiku.
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by ugodaniel(m): 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2007
shutmouth:

Don't you know that when leaders are old, sick and about to die, they create wars.

Look at Napolion (Cancer in the stomach), Hitler (Cancer in the ear), Bush (Cancer on the face). Historians help me here!!!

I suspect OBJ is sick. What else can drive him to this useless warfare with Atiku.

shutmouth, you must be one hell of a person. Well, i can see you now see reason with me dat his fight with Atiku is 'USELESS' (according to you!) tongue
Re: Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! by Tobiegal(f): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2007
shutmouth, no hard feeling but i think u r jst biased! undecided

Ave u taken time out to understand y pdp has continually been after Atiku,
D man might not b a saint, but he certainly is better knowing dat he can withstand the heat, which i personally think is d kind of leader the country needs.

He might ave a big mouth, bt who cares?it been revealing a lot of things hidden so far, so if he decided to 2 move into a anoda party, so wot? cant u cee dat dem ahamdu ali led pdp is just out 2 cover its bloody ass?! I mean, lets look at dis thing objectively, if Atiku didnt ave a point, he wld neva ave started dis whole dust,

pdp is just out on a revenge mission, dey ave a lot 2 hide, i dont give a hoot abt who wins or who doesnt, bt one thing has been very clear, dis crisis has revealed a lot that avent been known by most nigerians,

n if u ask mi, dats pretty wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Yar'adua To Proceed On Two-week Leave / Deputy Governors - Any Law Forbidding Overtaking Their Convoy? / Why Are We Nigerians So Lazy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.