Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,118 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Freedom Of Speech, Nigerian Lecturers And Your Village People (MC Macaroni) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Freedom Of Speech, Nigerian Lecturers And Your Village People (MC Macaroni) (349 Views)

Dantata & Sawoe Donates 500 Bags Of Rice, 1500 Cartons Of Macaroni To Niger / Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns / PDP To Lai Mohammed: "You Can't Censor The Media, It's Called Freedom Of Speech" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freedom Of Speech, Nigerian Lecturers And Your Village People (MC Macaroni) by stelruby: 6:23am On Oct 19, 2017

I won’t forget a sage piece of advice I received on the day my matriculation ceremony held at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

We were excited and eager to explore life not just as university students, but as students studying in what I would later discover used to be an iconic institution of higher learning.

“Your happiest day in the four walls of this school is not today. It is the day you leave this school.”

I would come to understand what this meant every day of the four years I spent chasing after lecturers, sitting in over-crowded classrooms to learn, bruising a portion of skin or two to get front row seats, reading at night in cold, poorly lit classrooms so as to pass a course with ‘just an E at least’ and cramming and pouring what my lecturers had taught because to do otherwise was suicidal.

And I was not the only one...

Read more: https://www.amore.ng/freedom-speech-nigerian-lecturers-village-people/
Re: Freedom Of Speech, Nigerian Lecturers And Your Village People (MC Macaroni) by LUGBE: 6:25am On Oct 19, 2017
wink

(1) (Reply)

Landslide Kills 14 In Malaysia / Biafra: Pardoning Of Ex-biafra Police Will Not Stop Agitation – BNYL / Buhari At The Presidential Task Force On ECOWAS Single Currency In Niger- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.