Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns (6445 Views)

Petrol: NNPC Can No Long Bear N120bn Monthly Subsidy – Kyari Warns Nigerians / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / Don’t Drag Us Into Politics, NNPC Warns Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by Ogagist1: 3:43am On Aug 07, 2019
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has urged the public to be wary of attempts to drag the corporation into politics in the guise of requests for information under the Freedom of Information law.

The Group Managing Director of the Corporation disclosed this in a statement signed by Ndu Ughamadu, the spokesman for the corporation, in Abuja on Tuesday.

Kyari made the call during a courtesy visit by the Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, Waziri Adio, to the NNPC Towers.

He said that though the corporation was committed to transparency and accountability to the Nigerian people, a line must be drawn between genuine requests for information and malicious attempts to drag it into politics.

He said: “As you are aware, sometimes the requests are brazenly malicious, and they are laden with political undertones.

“NNPC finds it difficult to respond to such requests because it is mindful of falling into the trap of being drawn into politics or maligning others.”

He added that in keeping with its commitment to be accountable and transparent, the corporation would publish its audited accounts soon.

On the disclosure of contracts and contractors as requested by the NEITI boss, he said the biggest contracts in the corporation’s portfolio currently was the products supply contracts under the Direct Sales Direct Purchase scheme.

He noted that details of the contracts and the contractors would also be made public within this month.

He promised to make the monthly financial and operations reports more accessible by publishing the soft copies of the reports from January to May.

In his remarks, Adio, congratulated Kyari on his appointment, saying: “This is a big opportunity you have been given to shape the direction of this country in a positive way and I believe you have the capacity to do that.

He said he was particularly impressed with the corporation’s robust deployment of modern information and communication platforms, especially the website, which he noted could be used as a transparency tool through pro-active disclosures.

He said NEITI would remain committed to working with the NNPC because of the GMD’s track record of integrity.

He said: “The GMD is somebody we can vouch for, he is a transparency champion and I can’t remember any GMD’s appointment that has elicited as much goodwill as your appointment has generated”

Source; https://maniagist.com/2019/08/07/dont-drag-nnpc-to-politics-under-freedom-of-information-law-kyari-warns/

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by Ogagist1: 3:43am On Aug 07, 2019
Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by money121(m): 4:51am On Aug 07, 2019
Better
Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 07, 2019
Thief.

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by EricBloodAxe: 5:04am On Aug 07, 2019
Quota system GMD. May probably be lacking one or two certificates undecided

16 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by BruncleZuma: 6:56am On Aug 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by orion7: 6:57am On Aug 07, 2019
I'm cases like this zombies will say no diff between Apc and PDP

the useless suya seller will start praying. "anybody that doesn't want Nigeria to progress fire fire blah blah. then he slams his fore head all over the place.

but In reality apc led by the dull tyrant is a college of vicious malicious anti democratic cretins.

pdp was way better.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by aolawale025: 6:57am On Aug 07, 2019
Its noit for politics but transparency

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by Jhayeahsam01(m): 6:57am On Aug 07, 2019
nairalander help me oo
I. need a job ooo
am an agric graduate

got lot of challenges and responsibilities
I need hussle ooo before I buy snipper ooo

I need �

1 Like

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by helinues: 6:57am On Aug 07, 2019
What are you guys afraid of?

They are only requesting for informations on how our yams are being shared/spent.. Is that too hard to ask?

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by Sunnycliff(m): 7:00am On Aug 07, 2019
When a man has much skeleton in the cupboard, he get scared at the sight of visitors .

NNPC we all no is a cash cow for the cabals of the Hausa/Fulani hegemony.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by TooMuchStuff: 7:00am On Aug 07, 2019
The main Trophy of Hausafulanis Muslims in the body polity of Nigeria when power is secured.
NNPC is the politics of abuse of power by fulanis

The cashcow of Nigeria where corruption walks in all four towers of NNPC. Secret dealings that have always be in favour of the north only

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by ednut1(m): 7:01am On Aug 07, 2019
NNPC is like a community well. You can't determine how many gallons was fetched in a year .

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by Debaiz: 7:02am On Aug 07, 2019
No oil corporation in the whole world is totally transparent.

ARAMCO won’t even welcome press anywhere 100m to their fence let alone their premises.

Same with Petrobas, petronas etc.
Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by orion7: 7:03am On Aug 07, 2019
helinues:
What are you guys afraid of?

They are only requesting for informations on how how our yams are being shared/spent.. Is that too hard to ask?
sharap. direct yiur grunting to buhari aka minister of oyel.

abi nor be e u dey support reach now ?
despite his repeated commitment to foolishness?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by materialproject: 7:05am On Aug 07, 2019
Transparency is not politics

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by helinues: 7:06am On Aug 07, 2019
orion7:
sharap. direct yiur grunting to buhari aka minister of oyel.

abi nor be e u dey support reach now ?
despite his repeated commitment to foolishness?

Read what you wrote above? Any sense in it?

You be the judge.. No partial

1 Like

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by kolakolex: 7:08am On Aug 07, 2019
Telling us about how our money is being spent is not politics but transparency

If u have nothing to hide, just publish what is required of u.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2019
These northerners want to die on NNPc matter.... They are always quick to replace themselves as MD. Even without having a single drop of Oil in the north..

However no southerner can be minister of FCT... Maybe because they are not from the North

Yoruba Muslims will not think about this... SMH

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by klassd(m): 7:13am On Aug 07, 2019
I like the tone of the new GMD, man talks tough.
Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by orion7: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2019
helinues:

Read what you wrote above? Any sense in it?

You be the judge.. No partial
yes. we 're in this mess because of people thst cheer buhari. despite his resolve to tank nigeria

1 Like

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by Mccullum: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2019
Jhayeahsam01:
nairalander help me oo
I. need a job ooo
am an agric graduate

got lot of challenges and responsibilities
I need hussle ooo before I buy snipper ooo

I need �

Please don't buy sniper, as you're announcing your predicament, God will pick your call.
Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by LibertyRep: 7:17am On Aug 07, 2019
Gbam! Here comes the new official line for warding off requests via FOI.

'We won't oblige you the information requested because we don't want you to drag us into politics.'

How does that even sound to an official of a government touted to be fighting corruption?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by orion7: 7:17am On Aug 07, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
These northerners want to die on NNPc matter.... They are always quick to replace themselves as MD. Even without having a single drop of Oil in the north..

However no southerner can be minister of FCT... Maybe because they are not from the North

Yoruba Muslims will not think about this... SMH
helinues
Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by helinues: 7:18am On Aug 07, 2019
orion7:
yes. we 're in this mess because of people thst cheer buhari. despite his resolve to tank nigeria

Bros, I will appreciate if you can type in pidgin..
Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by fasho01(m): 7:25am On Aug 07, 2019
Meaning

There has been a lot of shady happenings in nnpc and we have the right to inquire into it. Don't politicize this issue oga

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by careytommy37(m): 7:26am On Aug 07, 2019
Una don hear, no ask us how i go run dis parade for NNPC o! grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by BabaIbo: 7:28am On Aug 07, 2019
Nonsense, next news pleased

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns by nnokwa042(m): 7:32am On Aug 07, 2019
Debaiz:
No oil corporation in the whole world is totally transparent.

ARAMCO won’t even welcome press anywhere 100m to their fence let alone their premises.

Same with Petrobas, petronas etc.
what Saudi citizens enjoyed in a 2 months Nigeria citizens will not enjoy it in 20 years so don't even bring Saudi into this matter ,Nigeria is rotten northerners will sure Somalia is better than Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bursted The True Pictures Of Peter Obi Rally In Abuja / I Just Received One Kind Of Miracle Alert This Evening (Pic attach) / Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.