Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Does Anyone Have Experience Using A VPN In Turkey? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Does Anyone Have Experience Using A VPN In Turkey? (393 Views)

Please Does Anybody Here Have Experience On Aliexpress Here / Experience Using Mist Fan / How To Open Paypal Account That RECEIVE And SEND Payment Without VPN In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Have Experience Using A VPN In Turkey? by terreythompson(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2017
Hey, Was hoping you guys could help me out. This coming Novemeber I'll be in Istanbul for approximately 4 weeks for work. I was doing some reading and I realize that you can't really access Youtube, Facebook or even Google in Turkey. Naturally, this is something that I definitely can't go without for 4 weeks. My question is a little paranoid but wondering how safe is it to use a VPN in a country like this? These websites have been banned and I guess are technically illegal. I don't want to get into any legal trouble while there for a few weeks but still want to keep reading Western based news. Does anyone have experience using a VPN in Turkey? I translated some of the suggests on https://eniyivpn.org and the author said that VPNs are pretty common in Turkey and most officials don't really care. Anyways, still looking forward to hearing what you guys think. Cheers. smiley
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience Using A VPN In Turkey? by Kufie(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2017
The 3 years I lived in turkey, I had no trouble accessing any of those sites. where did you get that false info from?
Re: Does Anyone Have Experience Using A VPN In Turkey? by terreythompson(m): 2:22am On Oct 26, 2017
let me quote this from the other forum:

"Here is your answer brother! Let me do the research for you, sir.

Is VPN Legal in Turkey? No

Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey’s 25th prime minister, and current prime minister at the time of writing this has publicly expressed his dislike for social media, and his administration has initiated the blocking of various sites. It is therefore not surprising that usage of a VPN is illegal in the country."

(1) (Reply)

5 Pieces Of Mini Laptops Urgently Needed / 2 Months Old HP Chrome Notebook For Sale / Super Clean HP DM4* sold *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.