Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate (15525 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head / Femi Adesina On Sowore’s Rearrest: Less Than 100,000 Nigerians ‘Making Noise’ / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by Omooba77: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2017
Greenthumb:

Yes, it was free sef, absolutely free, there was no lack of food at all if you can vividly remember. Things weren't bad at all, everything was great my bro, Nigeria wasn't even a 3rd world country no more. How did we get here all of a sudden?

Nobody was saying things were 100%, but in all honesty can you compare things now and then?
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by Omooba77: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
oladeebo:

""Please be wise for once sir,, omooba
omo fa nlete ntuto

Emi se omo ti won oko daju. Ile Ogbon lati bi; won si to mi ni ile imoran.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by cstr1000: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
TimeManager:
Your demi goddess Okonjo was brought into prominence by a Yoruba man

Kiss the truth!
Yeah right.
It was a Yoruba man that sent her to MIT as a student or made her the world bank MD before coming to serve Nigeria as a shining star.
Clown.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by cstr1000: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
seunmsg:

Nobody wished her ill. [b]Obasanjo, Bakare and other Yoruba's lobbied behind the scene to make her Buhari's running mate in 2011 [/b]but it did not work out. She presided over the massive looting of our resources between 2011 and 2015 and on that basis, she deserved all the criticism that was thrown her way. Again, a certain Charles Soludo led the "sadists" that criticised her performance. Criticising a political office holder doesn't amount to wishing them ill.
And where are you getting your bullshit from? Did OBJ or bakare that was trying to run himself tell you that?
The way you people justify or overlook your own tribalism is just funny.
You are a bigoted people. Wear it with pride.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by Ahmeduana(m): 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
seunmsg:

The current deputy secretary general of the United Nations was picked straight from Buhari's cabinet. When Nigerians achieve a major feat internationally, we should celebrate them and not belittle their achievement with divisive political and tribal slur like your comment above. He's a Nigerian and we are all proud of his achievement.
BECAUSE SHE IS A FULANI, THAT IS WHY HE PICKED HER.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by oladeebo: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
Omooba77:

Emi se omo ti won oko daju. Ile Ogbon lati bi; won si to mi ni ile imoran.
hun-un,
oseun omooba
ti won ba bini nile ola, eyan a si maa tun ra e bi!
lati le 'jomoluabi
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by TimeManager(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
cstr1000:

Yeah right.
It was a Yoruba man that sent her to MIT as a student or made her the world bank MD before coming to serve Nigeria as a shining star.
Clown.
She is a product of Yoruba educational system.. don't you forget that.
She was however a desk chair & paper filling puppet at world bank prior to her appointment as a minister.( She was a nobody at world bank until her appointment by Obj )

kiss the truth!
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by cstr1000: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
TimeManager:
She is a product of Yoruba educational system.. don't you forget that.
She was however a desk chair & paper filling puppet at world bank prior to her appointment as a minister.( She was a nobody at world bank until her appointment by Obj )

kiss the truth!
Yoruba education system in Boston Massachusetts? cheesy cheesy
A puppet that OBJ used to legitimize his own government. What is more ingenious than an Ex-military general and dictator now civilian president picking up a symbol of westernism from her ivory tower and attaching her to his government. That is more or less to legitimize his own government in the eyes of the west.
What a smart Yoruba crook OBJ was. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by papascode: 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
Omooba77:
Buhari congratulates ex-Agric minister, Adesina, on world food prize .

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said Nigeria remains proud of its former Minister of Agriculture, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, for winning the 2017 World Food Prize Laureate.

Adesina, who is the President of the African Development Bank, is being presented the $250,000 prize and Laureate sculpture at a ceremony at the Iowa State Capitol, United States.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President’s congratulatory message was contained in a video message to the former minister.

The statement quoted Buhari as saying, “I received with delight the cheery news of your award as 2017 World Food Prize Laureate. Certainly, this did not come to me and many Nigerians as a surprise, given your antecedents and contributions to the development of agriculture across the African continent.

“We are very proud of you.

“According to the World Food Prize Foundation, you won the prize for driving change in African agriculture for over 25 years and improving food security for millions across the continent. Your choice as the winner of the World Food Prize is a clear recognition and appreciation of your long-standing contributions, reflected in your several roles and activities which promote social economic development.

“By dint of hard work, persistence, diligent efforts and God’s sufficient grace, you have risen above many limitations to emerge as a notable figure and a true champion. Your life story mirrors the resilience of the African spirit and doggedness for which Nigerians are well known.

“On behalf of the government and people of Nigeria, I congratulate you and rejoice with you, your family and the AfDB family on this well-deserved honour.

“Congratulations!’’

http://punchng.com/buhari-congratulates-ex-agric-minister-adesina-on-world-food-prize/

Please come and become our president . My son told me "dad I am 24 years now and Nigeria is still the way I was born" you provide constant power, provide schools,security, excess charges on phone bills, water what does govt provide for you
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by TimeManager(m): 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
cstr1000:

Yoruba education system in Boston Massachusetts? cheesy cheesy
A puppet that OBJ used to legitimize his own government. What is more ingenious than an Ex-military general and dictator now civilian president picking up a symbol of westernism from her ivory tower and attaching her to his government. That is more or less to legitimize his own government in the eyes of the west.
What a smart Yoruba crook OBJ was. grin
You're yet another bandwagoner who lacks knowledge of her educational background. I put that to you as an academic assignment.
Your notion of legitimacy was a fallacy on the person of Obj. Okonjo was expendable so much so she was dumped as a minister for finance and reassigned a lesser portfolio. Lol

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by TENHEU22(m): 7:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
These are the kind of intelligent people GEJ got as ministers.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by Omooba77: 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
oladeebo:
hun-un, oseun omooba ti won ba bini nile ola, eyan a si maa tun ra e bi! lati le 'jomoluabi
omo osan lonko ponpo ba iya ree
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by TENHEU22(m): 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
These are the kind of intelligent people GEJ got as ministers. congrats sir.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by oladeebo: 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
Omooba77:

omo osan lonko ponpo ba iya ree
Saawe labimisi ni tosi oyo, akinmorin lafi womi dagba, aroye itan lasan ni yoo da lojo ola!
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by FrankGiel: 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Another GEJ legacy .. From railway to Adesina the clueless Buhari govt will ccontinue to praise legacies of GEJ
Adeshina a shining light in GEJS reign of madness..

Do u see EFCC hounding Adeshina, Okonjo Iweala??

This were people with key positions yet no corruption case.. Mama jona on the other hand is full of corruption.. Her eye for greed didn't start today.. Far back as deputy first lady of bayelsa, she has been a known greedy woman
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by cstr1000: 7:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
TimeManager:
You're yet another bandwagoner who lacks knowledge of her educational background. I put that to you as an academic assignment.
Your notion of legitimacy was a fallacy on the person of Obj. Okonjo was expendable so much so she was dumped as a minister for finance and reassigned a lesser portfolio. Lol

kiss the truth!
Shut the fucck up, and shove your afonja ignorance up your as$. I am only giving you my time because I have nothing doing currently.
What legitimacy does a crooked african Ex-military dictator posing as a civilian president have to even confer on anybody?
His legitimacy is the same with other third world leaders in Africa- zilch, zero, nada. Not to mention that the country was neck-deep in corruption-induced debt until Okonjo had to meander her way through it.

You think relegating her to a lesser portfolio is a stain on her relevance? This is the same OBJ that relegated the effective Dora Akunyili to a common Propaganda minister. It does not diminish their relevance. It only highlights the uselessness of OBJ.

Oga go and sleep. Your OBJ was a common leach .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by Biety: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
DavidEsq:

Now, one can safely conclude dat u guys forget too quickly. So u have forgotten so quickly, dat dis dude introduced e-wallet for farmers, to access fertiliser and there was a national uproar, as farmers cld no longer access fertiliser. Many farmers boldly stated that they didn't need fon as dey cldnt operate dem. Most Nigerians called it a misplaced priority. It cost d FG over 20bn. Nigerians sef
If i got your message clearly, your point is that Adeshina deserves no praise for his performance during jonathan's regime?
Have you forgotten or simply unaware that his outstanding performance as Agric minister during Gej's tenure fetched him the current post he's holding?
Guy no man without flaws but nobody should even make attempt to discredit Adeshina,
He performed better than other ministers that worked with GEJ.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by osteenbush(m): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
Congratulations to Mr. Adesina.
Without mincing words here, Jonathan had more sound ministers than Buhari.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by TimeManager(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
cstr1000:

Shut the fucck up, and shove your afonja ignorance up your as$. I am only giving you my time because I have nothing doing currently.
What legitimacy does a crooked african Ex-military dictator posing as a civilian president have to even confer on anybody?
His legitimacy is the same with other third world leaders in Africa- zilch, zero, nada. Not to mention that the country was neck-deep in corruption-induced debt until Okonjo had to meander her way through it.

You think relegating her to a lesser portfolio is a stain on her relevance? This is the same OBJ that relegated the effective Dora Akunyili to a common Propaganda minister. It does not diminish their relevance. It only highlights the uselessness of OBJ.

Oga go and sleep. Your OBJ was a common leach .
You can see how apt you fit in as a pseudo-intellectual that I have always known you to be.
Whatever sentiments you may have had with Obj, it takes absolutely nothing away from the fact that he brought okonjo into politcal relevance, the same way he dealt with her when she was found to have put the interest of her western puppeteers over that of her nation.

In whatever manner of ignominy you might display, I will never have you muddle the lasting reputation of Dora Akunyili in your barbarism. She was also one of the loyal political daughters of Obj whom he brought into the limelight.
Under the leadership &tutorship of Obj, she attained a political height of enigmatic status.
At no point was she relegated, rather she proved her worth & fought her brothers in druggies who despised her and loved to see her dead.

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by cstr1000: 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
TimeManager:
You can see how apt you fit in as a pseudo-intellectual that I have always known you to be.
Whatever sentiments you may have had with Obj, it takes absolutely nothing away from the fact that he brought okonjo into politcal relevance, the same way he dealt with her when she was found to have put the interest of her western puppeteers over that of her nation.

In whatever manner of ignominy you might display, I will never have you muddle the lasting reputation of Dora Akunyili in your barbarism. She was also one of the loyal political daughters of Obj whom he brought into the limelight.
Under the leadership &tutorship of Obj, she attained a political height of enigmatic status.
At no point was she relegated, rather she proved her worth & fought her brothers in druggies who despised her and loved to see her dead.

kiss the truth!

You are a clown. Dora akunyili that already had relevance right from the buhari days as military dictator. grin
OBJ valued her so much that he demoted her from her area of core competence and made her a propaganda minister, like the utter buffoon he is.
And shame on you for insulting the Igbo people, who stood as her rock and defence and even sent her to the national assembly under yar'adua.
And no, OBJ has nothing to do with NOI and her relevance either. I can't see how a world bank MD would be coming to lime-light by becoming a mere finance minister of a third world hell-hole. The pay may be better, but the Job quality is a downgrade. From that vantage point it is just a patriotic service, nothing more
The crack you are on is dope, though.

I know the enduring quality of the average Yoruba male is his loquaciousness and his un-natural desire to always want to win endless arguments by sheer verbal brute force even if it means arguing like a stark moronn.
I am done, nigga. You can shove your mis-truths up your bum.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by mechanics(m): 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
congrats to him.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by TimeManager(m): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
cstr1000:

You are a clown. Dora akunyili that already had relevance right from the buhari days as military dictator. grin
OBJ valued her so much that he demoted her from her area of core competence and made her a propaganda minister, like the utter buffoon he is.
And shame on you for insulting the Igbo people, who stood as her rock and defence and even sent her to the national assembly under yar'adua.
And no, OBJ has nothing to do with NOI and her relevance either. I can't see how a world bank MD would be coming to lime-light by becoming a mere finance minister of a third world hell-hole. The pay may be better, but the Job quality is a downgrade. From that vantage point it is just a patriotic service, nothing more
The crack you are on is dope, though.

I know the enduring quality of the average Yoruba male is his loquaciousness and his un-natural desire to always want to win endless arguments by sheer verbal brute force even if it means arguing like a stark moronn.
I am done, nigga. You can shove your mis-truths up your bum.
When you think some peoples would be average at best but they come off being below average. Your knowledge of history is rather low and twisted.

First off, Obj had a clear idea of the kind of charismatic handler he needed at the top shot in NAFDAC which he found in Dora by way of interview he had with her. He knew all she needed was executive backings coupled with some tougher legislations to help her fight drug dealings & counterfeiting.

Okonjo on the other hand would rather jump at an offer to redefine her career than being an errand girl who runs around with files and papers to raise loans for the poorest African countries, Lol.

I was actually done before you..get your facts rights & quit revisionism.

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by victor8269: 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
oladeebo:
Adesina worked under the extra-corrupt regime but come-out with clean hand!
se bibire kose fowora
GEJ- was a corrupt apprentice. The Masters are in charge now
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by fallout87: 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
Buhari tried to block and blackball Adesina from getting the job at the bank, yet here he is congratulating him for a job well done.

Thank God it was too late for Buhari to affect the appointment and right-minded Nigerians near Buhari at the time talked him down from such a foolish stance.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by victor8269: 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
oladeebo:
Adesina worked under the extra-corrupt regime but come-out with clean hand!
se bibire kose fowora
TimeManager:

kiss the truth!
My dear, stop playing politics with everything. Okonji is still one of the best brains out of Nigeria. Adeshina is also good too
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by victor8269: 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
seunmsg:

Nobody wished her ill. Obasanjo, Bakare and other Yoruba's lobbied behind the scene to make her Buhari's running mate in 2011 but it did not work out. She presided over the massive looting of our resources between 2011 and 2015 and on that basis, she deserved all the criticism that was thrown her way. Again, a certain Charles Soludo led the "sadists" that criticised her performance. Criticising a political office holder doesn't amount to wishing them ill.
The looting of that time is nothing compared to the one right now
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:32am On Oct 20, 2017
we are proud of you!
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by hush15: 6:21am On Oct 20, 2017
seunmsg:

The current deputy secretary general of the United Nations was picked straight from Buhari's cabinet. When Nigerians achieve a major feat internationally, we should celebrate them and not belittle their achievement with divisive political and tribal slur like your comment above. He's a Nigerian and we are all proud of his achievement.

I agree with you but you see, there is a saying in Yoruba that says if a spring should leave and forget it source, it will dry up eventually. We must acknowledge where we coming to better appreciate where we going.

We should always thank God for using GEJ to fish him out and appreciate that effort from GEJ. Then we begin to see things in a different light
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by MissingBudget: 7:27am On Oct 20, 2017
He could have been retained by Buhari. But no, politics of bitterness won't let him, and there are favours to repay.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by oladeebo: 8:01am On Oct 20, 2017
victor8269:

My dear, stop playing politics with everything. Okonji is still one of the best brains out of Nigeria. Adeshina is also good too
but Gej the corrupt apprentice confirmed corrupt is not stolen!
which lead to $trillion looted.
Nigeria is lucky gej didn't become master before kick-out of the office, Nigeria in totality would have got missing!
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate by victor8269: 4:25am On Oct 26, 2017
oladeebo:

but Gej the corrupt apprentice confirmed corrupt is not stolen!
which lead to $trillion looted.
Nigeria is lucky gej didn't become master before kick-out of the office, Nigeria in totality would have got missing!
By the time this administration is through with Nigeria, we would know the true meaning of looting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any PDP Candidate Can Defeat Buhari — Turaki / Soalabo West Challenges Wike For PDP Governorship Ticket In Rivers State / APC, PDP Pick Candidates For Kwara Federal Rep. By-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.