|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,796,266 members, 6,679,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 06:39 AM
Indians Bath In Cow Dung & Urine To Fight Off Covid-19 (disturbing Pictures) / Educate Me On How To Stop My Boxers From Smelling / Penile Discharge May Be Bloody Or Watery (clear) Or Cloudy (containing Pus) (2) (3) (4)
|Having Cloudy, Dark, Bloody, Or Strange Smelling-urine? Find Out Why by Afriglobalmedia: 11:38am On Oct 19, 2017|
The urinary tract is comprised of the bladder, kidneys, ureters, and urethra. A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection of any part of the urinary system. Most infections involve the lower urinary tract.
Urinary tract infections occur when bacteria enter the urinary tract through the urethra and starts multiplying in the bladder. However, the urinary system is designed to keep out such microscopic invaders, but sometimes, these defenses fail, and when that happens, bacteria may take hold and grow into a full-blown infection in the urinary tract.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection
How do you know if you have a urinary tract infection?
To identify a UTI, keep an eye out for the following symptoms:
1. A burning feeling when you urinate.
2. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do.
3. Pain or pressure in your back or lower abdomen.
4. Cloudy, dark, bloody, or strange-smelling urine.
5. Feeling tired or shaky
6. Pelvic pain, in women — especially in the center of the pelvis and around the area of the pubic bone
If urinary tract infection remains untreated
If urinary tract infection remains untreated its complications may include
1. Permanent kidney damage from chronic kidney infection due to an untreated UTI.
2. Risk in pregnant women delivering low birth weight or premature infants.
3. Urethral narrowing in men from recurrent urethritis
4. Sepsis, a potentially life-threatening complication of an infection, especially if the infection works its way up your urinary tract to your kidneys.
If a person has recurrent UTIs, a doctor may request further diagnostic testing to determine if anatomical issues or functional issues are to blame. Such tests may include:
Urinalysis and Urine MCS
Diagnostic imaging - assessing the urinary tract using ultrasound
CT and MRI scanning
Radiation tracking, or X-rays
At Afriglobal Medicare, we advise patients with the above-mentioned symptoms to have a urinalysis, and Urine MCS test with us, this will help you know exactly what you are treating
Visit us today at our diagnostic center or book for an appointment via our social media to get a 10% price discount for diagnosis
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47