Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Just See The Problems bloggers are Creating for our Society - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just See The Problems bloggers are Creating for our Society (391 Views)

ASUU Is Defintely One Of The Problems We Have In Nigeria / What's The Advantages Of "YAHOO BOYS" In Our Society -question / LAGOS Is Overhyped Abeg!!! Just See How Rain Drenched Me This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just See The Problems bloggers are Creating for our Society by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
Yesterday I posted an intriguing story of how one of Bishop Oyedepo's adopted kids was 'thrown out' of Covenant uni. Only for me to wake up and see how bloggers have exaggerated, misconstrue the entire post to mislead people. This is how rumour starts, because u are a blogger doesn't mean you should be irresponsible with transmitting story.

The originally story reads "My ADOPTED son was thrown out of Covenant university" but that same post has been changed to "How I expelled my Son", " How I expelled my ABDUCTED son" "My son was expelled from Covenant"-all this done to drive traffic!

You must be careful when reporting a story and ensure you express an individuals actual words and not try to 'bridge' or make the story 'sweeter' and then destroy a persons reputation. This same issue happened some months ago when Oyedepo said in a service that "the school fees has approval from God" and then directly connected it to another part of the message where he said "someone once criticized us and developed chronic mouth odour". These funny bloggers then linked the two apparently independent statements and came up with " Criticize my God approved school fees and face God's wrath". You would then discover that what the bloggers wrote carried a belligerent tone. Making ppl who read such blogs angry because they felt it was a direct threat.

Re: Just See The Problems bloggers are Creating for our Society by ayourbamie: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
Is abduction not the same thing as kidnapping? Some bloggers sha

2 Likes

Re: Just See The Problems bloggers are Creating for our Society by DangotePikin: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
The annoying thing are not the bloggers but the Nigerians that will swallow it.

(1) (Reply)

Maritime Academy 2017/2018 Resumption Date For ND 2 & HND 2 Cadets / Selenium Real-time Project Workshop On Health Care Domain By IIT Workforce. / 2017 Kpmg Graduate Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.