Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Please Advise Me On This Land Case - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Advise Me On This Land Case (411 Views)

"This Land Is Not For Sale" Notice Is Causing Stir Online (Photo) / Get 50% ROI In This Land Banking In 6mnths With Cofo+free Deed+pics+video / Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me On This Land Case by Abojupupa: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
I bought 12 plots of land from this guy. The first problem was that he wanted to sell marshy land as part of my 12 plots. My surveyor detected it and we protested it. He asked us to move further upward. We did, but we were pushed back by omonile.

I protested that I didn't want that any longer. He took me to another place. I accepted. We measured it and it was complete. My surveyor surveyed the land and we were expecting govt approval. I paid him 3m our of 3.12m. I went to check the pillars of the land, and omoniles arrived and told me that the seller's land did not reach the much that was sold to me.

Trouble broke out between the landlord and omonile. It was later resolved partially and my piece of land was adjusted; but now, it's 10.5 plots. After much delay, I did another survey on the land. Vendor agreed to give me the remnant at another place. He claimed he bought the land from a family but omonile family is laying claim to it. He urged me to do something on the land to keep people's eyes off it. He later got the arrowhead of the omonile arrested. He was later released and pronto, he got the vendor and the bricklayers working for me arrested. I got to the police station and I supported the vendor financially to bail himself and my workers.

The vendor finally fought back and got his land back. Then i asked him for the remaining part of my land. He then told me he spent so much money during the struggle and he expected me to pay additional money. I told him I also suffered losses during the struggle. Losses were in form of money wasted on surveyors several unfruitful visits which he also attested to, loss of building materials already prepared when police came to arrest my workers, loss that he himself caused because he delivered 800 out of 1000 blocks I paid him to deliver, which also resulted in the loss of the 10 bags of cement I had bought to use. He didn't like my stand. He promptly insisted that the land given to me was complete and that he wouldn't mind returning my money. This is the money I had paid for the land 4 years earlier. And because the land has actually appreciated by 50% and he has got pressing demands from buyers, he's contemplating selling the land.
Please, what should I did?
Re: Please Advise Me On This Land Case by ipobarecriminals: 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
sad which area?If it is Eko Akete,just solve the matter amicably but if they decide to play u,pls dnt involve Police in dis kain mata,,Go get Soldiers to do the needful

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On This Land Case by GeeOh(f): 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
Pls make use of what is left,avoid any further dispute with dem cause that's where they benefit from but its going to do you more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On This Land Case by Abojupupa: 7:25am On Oct 20, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad which area?If it is Eko Akete,just solve the matter amicably but if they decide to play u,pls dnt involve Police in dis kain mata,,Go get Soldiers to do the needful
Thanx
Re: Please Advise Me On This Land Case by Abojupupa: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2017
GeeOh:
Pls make use of what is left,avoid any further dispute with dem cause that's where they benefit from but its going to do you more harm than good.
Thanks
Re: Please Advise Me On This Land Case by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 20, 2017
Take the land like that and start building on it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Duplex To Let At Ilupeju Lagos / For Sale: 5 Bedroom Detached Triplex At Banana Island, Ikoyi. / 8 Acres Of Farm Land For Sale At Ijaye Village, Off Omi-adio, Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.