Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy (3245 Views)

The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry / Nigeria’s Film Industry Reflects The Messy Process Of Nation Building / Is Del-york International/new York Film Academy Not Ripping Off Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy by novaman: 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2010
Del York International, In Collaboration with the New York Film Academy are revolutionizing the Nigeria Film Industry. I am a part of this revolution and if the feelers from fellow students here in Abuja is anything to go by, then the way the movies are shot in Nigeria will change.

New York Film Academy sent guys and ladies that have worked in the best projects, they are individually special in their various fields and the way to connect with the student is what still amaze everyone here.

In the 3D class where I belong, the guys are so wonderful; WILL GADEA and JACOB FISHER are guys out of this world, they are so nice mere words won't give a proper definition of how I feel about them. My life is change and other serious student have also express the same thing.

The total package is worth $3,500 plus $500 but thanks to the NDDC some of us got free scholarship, but I am taking the course more serious like I paid the money myself. I personal prayed to God to be part of he REVOLUTION and only people who were around me when I got the text message confirming my selection will tell crazy reaction.

I wish more organization will collaborate with DEL YORK INTERNATIONAL to ensure that other people from other parts of Nigeria enjoy similar opportunity, because these guys from America have created a new image about America in my heart.

I may only have a solid foundation right now but by the time I return to Lagos, I will explore more opportunity and work twice as hard to ensure that the effort of those who made this great opportunity possible never regret the opportunity they gave me, and as for the Nigeria Audio/Visual Industry am on my way, as I will give everything to ensure that I join the creation of a new Nigeria Industry.

Linus Idahos and Stephanie Okereke are just wonderful people and what they have done is going to create a new image for Nigeria. Regardless of the shortcomings that usually happens with taking the first move, you guys have done it; may God continue to reward you guys, your effort will never be in vain.

Nana Lucky.
Student 3D Animation - Del York International (New York Film Academy Abuja Center)
Re: The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy by novaman: 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2010
THANK YOU YAW NAIJA OF WAZOBIA FM

Dear Yaw,

I want to thank you specially for the information about DEL YORK NDDC Scholarship, because it was almost over before I heard about it and if I hadn't got the information that day I wouldn't be here today study the real basics about 3D Animation in Abuja, you me feel you have just done your job but you have changed my life forever. The whites guys teaching here as so passonate about their job and you can call Stephenie to find out more; the opportunity to be part of this great revolution was possible because I listen to WAZOBIA FM on the 17th, and I followed the procedure and on the 7th of March I got message confirming that I rushed down to Abuja.

You need to know how long I have been trying to come to DEL YORK, to the extent that I was ready to do anything to get the fees back in November, but no mean until that info from you. Today am getting world class lecture from this white guys, I wanted to get back to Lagos before calling but when I realise that the Laptop am using for lecture is connected to the internet I decided to take quick advantage to contact you. Thank you one million times and thank the rest of your crew for me. God bless you.
Re: The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy by scala101(m): 10:51pm On Mar 14, 2010
This is indeed a very good development in the history of Nollywood but tribalism is setting in (Take it or leave it)
  it is meant to sponsor 400 niger-Deltans youths only others tribes excluded.

and again

Every of the teacher brought from New york film academy to form the DEL York [/b]are whites,

These people are learning to make movies in the [b]advanced Nollywood, [/b]without the aid of [b]Professional in the Nigerian Movie Industry

Pls can someone tell me
when these students are through with their learning session are they going to be shooting african stories in the american style   ??

These goes to the organizers of DEL YORK film academy to appreciate the creativity of some indegenious  Movie Director,producers,scriptwriters & Editors,

Wan Nigeria !
Re: The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy by sonya4all(m): 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2010
Hi posters,pls im quite surprised the training has started i am frm delta state and i purchased my form at abuja because it had finished were i was,pls can u do me a favour,help ask them if they are stil going 2 get more students in pls becos ive been praying for this and now this is happening.Thanks.I Look forward 2 hearing frm u.Tnks
Re: The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy by novaman: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2010
over 10,000 people entered for the training only 400 of us were selected eventually, we graduated on Saturday in a colorful ceremony at the SilverBird Abuja; there is a rumour that another training in Lagos but I cannot verify that information about becos my sister was not selected and I wish that she will be selected in the next training.

About the Nigeria film people; some of them were there for training and most of them fell below expectation, maybe becos they are so engrossed into nollywood, and a month training will not be enough to change their idea of film making, which is why their project that is not expected to go over 5mins eventually lasted well over 30mins.

I saw some great prospect and could see great director and cinematographer in the making, even some actor surpassed my expectation.

I majored in 3D Animation but I learnt new things in film making, I have to work even more because I have to work with my fell course mate in a short film before the end of the year and we have to submit the film in festivals
Re: The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy by sonya4all(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
Congratulations there am happy for you,since u were at the training ill rely on u 2 give me any info about any other such training,i heard a 2nd batch will emerge im june,how true is this tnks,bobosonya@gmail.Com,for any info.Congrats.
Re: The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy by ekusman(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2010
Wonderful development for nollywood
Re: The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy by dasa: 8:48am On Jun 08, 2011
scala 101 is talking about tribalism. very irrelevant. NDDC decided to sponsor. why didnt ur state goverment sponsor?

I wont even talk about you racist statement.t

(1) (Reply)

Comedy Skit: Download 35 Best Of Twyse Funny Compilations 2017 / Download & Watch Adambano Reloaded Trailer / What's The Title Of The Best Cartoon You've Ever Watched? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.