Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,009 members, 7,956,747 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) (29792 Views)

Nigerian Army Promotes 34 Brigadier Generals, 48 Colonels (full List) / Sani Abdullahi To Challenge Yahaya Bello For Kogi APC Governorship Ticket / NYSC Scandal: Bolaji Abdullahi To Pick Kwara PDP Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Dedetwo(m): 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
dre11:

By Ronald Mutum

The Nigerian Army Council has approves accelerated promotion and commissioning of Master Warrant Officer Garba Abdullahi to the rank of captain, Army spokesman Brigadier General Sani Usman said in a statement on Thursday.

The army spokesman said, “In recognition and reward for gallantry, unprecedented show of bravery, courage and selfless service, the Army Council on Monday 16th October 2017, approved the granting of Executive Commission to 79NA/21553 Master Warrant Officer Garba Abdullahi of 159 Battalion, Nigerian Army, to the rank of Captain for gallantry.”

He said that the accelerated promotion was due to observed outstanding qualities of military professionalism such as gallantry and dedication to service demonstrated by the Non–Commissioned Officer.

He added that Garba Abdullahi's leadership qualities endeared him to his Commanding Officer who deemed it fit to assign him a higher responsibility as platoon commander of one of the arrow head sub-units of the Battalion.

He said the role Abdullahi played excellently to the admiration of both his superiors and subordinates alike, under his able leadership, his platoon achieved great exploits of daring, bravery and courage for which the Battalion was reputed.

Usman explained that the 159 Battalion is of one the rugged and most experienced cohesive fighting unit that makes up Operation Lafiya Dole.

He said the battalion covers five Local Government Areas in Yobe State and serves as the Brigade’s first line of defence in the northern front adjoining Niger Republic and Borno State.

He said the Battalion primarily occupies a blocking position from where it conducts Counter Terrorist and Counter Insurgency operations to defeat Boko Haram terrorists.

Usman said since their deployment into the theatre about two years ago, the unit has contributed immensely to the decimation of Boko Haram terrorists and also involved in humanitarian activities to the host communities.

He added that the elevated Abdullahi played a significant role in all the successful operations achieved by the unit.

He said Garba Abdullahi has since been decorated with the badge of his new rank of Captain at the Battalion Headquarters located in Geidam, Yobe State by his Commanding Officer Lieutenant Colonel Owoicho Augustine Obochi, to the admiration of both officers and soldiers of the unit.

He added that, “The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General TY Buratai has congratulated the newly commissioned officer.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/gallantry-army-promotes-warrant-officer-to-captain.html

This is the type of arrant nonsense that led to the January 15, 1966 coup in Nigeria. How could a reasonable army jump promotion process from warrant officer to Captain?
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Dedetwo(m): 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Any Warrant officer is more experienced than any captain or major anywhere

On what matters of military is Warrant officer more experienced than any captain or major?

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Dedetwo(m): 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2017
Elmuaz:
And there is nothing the Igbos can do about it

This type of idiotic behavior led to the January 15, 1966 coup in Nigeria.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Any Warrant officer is more experienced than any captain or major anywhere
you're here again

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
vankaid:
Aboki or no aboki that one na una concern.
I just happy for the guy. Its just like hearing the news of a primary school headmaster being promoted to a secondary school principal.
For once guys, lets forget the process and be happy for the guy.
Even with all the corruption in Naija this is a rare occurence.
don't mind them enemies of progress
do the needful by jumping into the nearest lagoon oba Lil Wayne
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Make una dey promote una self undecided soon and very soon without restructuring, There will be revolution that will be too much for you to handle!
ipob terrorists goan carry gun
we go use all of una feed fish for lagoon
oloriburuku gbogbo
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DONADAMS(m): 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2017
obinoral1179:
my dad was 1979 at the Nigeria Airforce and his mate are all retired.... How did NA calculate their sets cause for airforce I know it's yearly..... Except it's 1989... Which means he still had like 7 years more to go.....
that's where you got it wrong bro..79na doesn't mean they joined the army 1979...dad joined 1984 and he's 79NA...I think 79NA has upto 20intakes....1 to 15 are all retired now..so there are still some 79NA in service..there will be no more 79NA in 6years time
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DONADAMS(m): 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
koboko69:

Yup.

Most of the clowns actually do not know there is something called executive commisioning, and it is availble from Rank of Sgt. Being a MWO, promoting him to captain is not out of place via the executive commisioning. Only that he will be retirer soon, but he will be paid the etittlements of a captain..which is good for him
you're very right...infact..executives are on training now..expected to be commissioned December..an uncle made it
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:23am On Oct 21, 2017
sapientia:

The best they can do is to convert him to an officer. Yes. a warrant Officer is supposed to have spent same years in the military with a Brig.Gen.. But is no grounds for such promotions.

Trainings for other ranks and officers are not same
What is this one saying? Converted to what kind of officer so the rank of Captain is for an NCO? It's obvious you know nothing about the military.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:24am On Oct 21, 2017
Dedetwo:

This is the type of arrant nonsense that led to the January 15, 1966 coup in Nigeria. How could a reasonable army jump promotion process from warrant officer to Captain?
It is not a must to comment
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:26am On Oct 21, 2017
Dedetwo:

On what matters of military is Warrant officer more experienced than any captain or major?
Battle experience, WO's are always very key in any formation due to the years of experience they've gotten.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:29am On Oct 21, 2017
DONADAMS:
that's where you got it wrong bro..79na doesn't mean they joined the army 1979...dad joined 1984 and he's 79NA...I think 79NA has upto 20intakes....1 to 15 are all retired now..so there are still some 79NA in service..there will be no more 79NA in 6years time
79NA simply means he joined btw 1974 and 1989. By 1990 the Army started using the year you joined for assigning numbers
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2017
DONADAMS:
you're very right...infact..executives are on training now..expected to be commissioned December..an uncle made it
May your days be long, don't mind the buffoons they'll be saying what they know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:35am On Oct 21, 2017
koboko69:

I thought u guys said it was only southerners fighting BH. U people are pathetically bitter souls ..
Very bitter and self-centered

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:37am On Oct 21, 2017
Paperwhite:
So is he the only one that made up the battalion or what is the justification for this accelerated promotion? No officers training @ the NDA? It can only be with an aboki you know.That is how they undeservely perpetuate themselves on the Nigerian nation.
Words of an Ignorant citizen
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:41am On Oct 21, 2017
Penalty82:

If he's a southerner, the COAS wouldn't have noticed all these, even if he does, he can't give him this kind of accelerated promotion.

The promotion was well planed and played.
Lol, I see tribal sentiment everywhere.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:44am On Oct 21, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Make una dey promote una self undecided soon and very soon without restructuring, There will be revolution that will be too much for you to handle!
Everybody is talking about revolution while hiding behind their phones but can't put words to action. Nigerians are the greatest cowards u can ever think of.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:47am On Oct 21, 2017
intruxive:
Must igbos hate always? Can dey not just pretend to be reasonable a litle?
Gallantry is a valid reason for promoting an already experienced soldier, all other trainings will be given him gradually.
Thank God for people like him, BH would have captured nnewi by now and some ppl will be idps in cameroun tongue
Thank you, it's just a mark of honour, he probably has maximum of 7yrs left.

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 12:50am On Oct 21, 2017
Zoharariel:

More than half of all the Hausa/Fulanis in the Nigerian Army & other Civil Service were actually promoted & favoured above their counterparts based on the “quota-system”.

If you apply to the NDA and you do not have an Hausa/Fulani names, even if you excel in the exams, your chances of being enlisted is “zero”. I know this because I've lived in the north for more than 10 years.

This is Y Nigeria is fvcked.
What will you gain for telling lies? So military recruitment is no longer state based? Abeg make una dey fear God before una lie Na
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 1:02am On Oct 21, 2017
Dalam0n:
Why is it that soldiers of the junior cader are never recognized when they are killed? You only get to hear about a soldiers rank if he is an officer. If it is a solider of junior cader they only report that so so number of soldiers were killed and a captain for example. They never state rhein ranks when they are the ones doing all the fighting.
Officers are trained to command the troops, this WO is being honored because he has that ability which is rare amongst NCO's due to the kind of training they have.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 1:05am On Oct 21, 2017
Some people actually lost their sense of reasoning after somebody ran away when the Python came to town. I'm sure he took their brain with him as he fled for his life.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by ashawopikin(m): 5:45am On Oct 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Yes if he was an officer he would have been a full General a long time ago ..can you beat that
wow
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:28am On Oct 21, 2017
maximilano:

Everybody is talking about revolution while hiding behind their phones but can't put words to action. Nigerians are the greatest cowards u can ever think of.
Not me shall. I have never being afraid of saying the truth.

The revolution has started already! It is here. Brace yourself
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by obinoral1179(m): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2017
DONADAMS:
OK I understand now..... Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DONADAMS(m): 9:29am On Oct 21, 2017
maximilano:

79NA simply means he joined btw 1974 and 1989. By 1990 the Army started using the year you joined for assigning numbers
thanks bro,,,
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DONADAMS(m): 9:30am On Oct 21, 2017
obinoral1179:
OK I understand now..... Thanks for the clarification.
anytime bro,,
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by sapientia(m): 10:38am On Oct 21, 2017
maximilano:

What is this one saying? Converted to what kind of officer so the rank of Captain is for an NCO? It's obvious you know nothing about the military.

I usually ignore mentions but I will overlook that and ask you to work understand English Language.

Well... enjoy your knowledge of the military.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by maximilano: 11:54am On Oct 21, 2017
sapientia:

I usually ignore mentions but I will overlook that and ask you to work understand English Language.

Well... enjoy your knowledge of the military.
Thanks Prof
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dedetwo:

This type of idiotic behavior led to the January 15, 1966 coup in Nigeria.
And after that what happened next?
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=Zoharariel post=61591895]

[[/color]color=#006600]More than half of all the Hausa/Fulanis in the Nigerian Army & other Civil Service were actually promoted & favoured above their counterparts based on the “quota-system”.

If you apply to the NDA and you do not have an Hausa/Fulani names, even if you excel in the exams, your chances of being enlisted is “zero”. I know this because I've lived in the north for more than 10 years.

[color=#000099][/color]Well the ten(10) years of your life in the north was completed in absolute ignorance
#justsaying
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]]quote author=maximilano post=61621604]
Words of an Ignorant citizen[/quote]

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Review Of Tinubu Fountain Square - Photos / Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer / Don’t Access Twitter Through VPN - APC Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.