Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,997 members, 7,952,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:43 AM

Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) (29782 Views)

Nigerian Army Promotes 34 Brigadier Generals, 48 Colonels (full List) / Sani Abdullahi To Challenge Yahaya Bello For Kogi APC Governorship Ticket / NYSC Scandal: Bolaji Abdullahi To Pick Kwara PDP Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by AnanseK(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Paperwhite:
So is he the only one that made up the battalion or what is the justification for this accelerated promotion? No officers training @ the NDA? It can only be with an aboki you know.That is how they undeservely perpetuate themselves on the Nigerian nation.

Check out how uneducated rank and file Ironsi became a Major General. The military is a practical organization and they know themselves better.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by koboko69: 11:50am On Oct 20, 2017
Penalty82:

If he's a southerner, the COAS wouldn't have noticed all these, even if he does, he can't give him this kind of accelerated promotion.

The promotion was well planed and played.

I thought u guys said it was only southerners fighting BH. U people are pathetically bitter souls ..

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Penalty82(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2017
fizzy94:

You're just a bast.ard for reasoning like this. May you never be appreciated for ur good effort and you'll know how it feels.

I am entitled to my opinion and I think you know this, even the constitution empowered ME and gave me freedom of speech. Your curses are with you. What if I say may your labours be in vain as other SE soldiers hv bn denied their promotions?, but I won't say that. Just know that there's no police AIG and Army GOC of SE extraction. kiss the truth.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Penalty82(m): 11:56am On Oct 20, 2017
koboko69:

I thought u guys said it was only southerners fighting BH. U people are pathetically bitter souls ..

Lame argument, grow up!
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by blackhinstan: 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Any Warrant officer is more experienced than any captain or major anywhere

captain yes

major no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by OLUWAcypris1(f): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2017
Majesticniyi:
I've always tried to avoid posts and comments that promote or degrade tribes/ethnics but reading the first few comments on this post this morning is disheartening. Must people be so filled with hate that the see evil everywhere? I hope those that dropped the first few comments (claiming favoritism because the man is a northerner) don't go about in real life with such hatred and bitterness in their hearts. You guys just drop irresponsible comments without thinking it over in your minds. Even at our place of work, people keep getting promotions and recommendations because they excel at what they do. OK fine, let's say the Army does actually promote people based on sentiments...how would you feel if you have actually dedicated your life to defend a nation and when you get recognized for it, you read such comments from citizens who you have sacrfifced so much for?

Congratulations O'jare, Mr. Soldier. Oye a mori o cool
God bless you ojere ,in fact money fall on you
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DonBobes(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
AceRoyal:

What were u expecting before?
From quota system to accelerated promotion.
No southerner will ever be given such privilege!
Y bring tribism into dis.
Wat of WO Nwoye in guards brigades dat got promoted to CAPT in AHQ from d rank of MWO.
D earlier we drop tribalism d beta for us.

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DonBobes(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
Majesticniyi:
I've always tried to avoid posts and comments that promote or degrade tribes/ethnics but reading the first few comments on this post this morning is disheartening. Must people be so filled with hate that the see evil everywhere? I hope those that dropped the first few comments (claiming favoritism because the man is a northerner) don't go about in real life with such hatred and bitterness in their hearts. You guys just drop irresponsible comments without thinking it over in your minds. Even at our place of work, people keep getting promotions and recommendations because they excel at what they do. OK fine, let's say the Army does actually promote people based on sentiments...how would you feel if you have actually dedicated your life to defend a nation and when you get recognized for it, you read such comments from citizens who you have sacrfifced so much for?

Congratulations O'jare, Mr. Soldier. Oye a mori o cool

My subordinates know me for dis. if Dey offend me and start speaking a language with me, because dey c me communicate with dat language with my friends. I punish dem even more dan dey expect.
I made a vow which I have adhered to n still adhering to.
if u offend me n start speaking a language with me beside English or pigging. Men u r a gunner .
I always say i am not yoruba, hausa or igbo. I am simply a Nigerian wanting d best for my country.
I LOVE MY COUNTRY, DISCIPLINE & lastly PUNCTUALITY
M out.

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DonBobes(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
fizzy94:

You're just a bast.ard for reasoning like this. May you never be appreciated for ur good effort and you'll know how it feels.
Its not everyone u answer back on NAIRALAND. So many children here
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Lalaska(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
DonBobes:
For those of u confused and saying jabberwockies. This is why he was promoted
COAS visited the unit on 4 Aug 17. During the visit the COAS toured round the unit's deployments and was impressed with the WO's exceptional performance and composure in the operational description of his defended post/ employment of Sp Wpns. The COAS imm dir his approval for EC with waiver on age ceiling.

I honestly still don't see his "exceptional performance. What exactly did he do?
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by malton: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
Zoharariel:

More than half of all the Hausa/Fulanis in the Nigerian Army & other Civil Service were actually promoted & favoured above their counterparts based on the “quota-system”.

If you apply to the NDA and you do not have an Hausa/Fulani names, even if you excel in the exams, your chances of being enlisted is “zero”. I know this because I've lived in the north for more than 10 years.

This is Y Nigeria is fvcked.

You're too ignorant to speak in public!

You may have lived in the north, but it is obvious that you know next to nothing about the things you mentioned.

The NDA admits equal number of cadets from each state, bar the host state, Kaduna. So, by your logic, who then takes the spots that are allocated to the Southern States?

If anything, it is the Southerners who claim northern origins so they could take spots meant for northerners. I've seen it happen countless times before.

If you got turned back at the NDA, then it is because you failed!
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by adetayo234: 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
tsdarkside:
chaiii...ipob is finished...you wan mess with this guy??... grin grin grin grin grin

Believe me, the guy won't mind shooting your father dead if you are not an aboki.

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DonBobes(m): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
Penalty82:

If he's a southerner, the COAS wouldn't have noticed all these, even if he does, he can't give him this kind of accelerated promotion.

The promotion was well planed and played.
Lets not bring tribe, religion and sentiments Into our lives lets eschew it

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by gidgiddy: 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ezi39:
This is my first time to hear that an NCO was promoted to a CO. If only some of us commenting here understand the number of ranks that was jumped, you will know that it's questionable.

Its possible for an NCO to be promoted to the officer corps. Ironsi, Ademulegun and Philip Effiong were all NCO's before becoming officers. However, a lot of consideration has to go into it such as the age, intelligence and experience. An NCO has to pass officer exam, go for officer course and must be usually younger than 40.

This giy was just promoted and given a commission just like that.

I wonder if his name had been Emeka Chukwu, they would have rushed to promote him in the same way?
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by DONADAMS(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
obinoral1179:
NA79/21553 should have retired if this is the service number of MWO garba except they made a mistake there..... Good one for that but how long will he serve now due to age....... All the best to him and his family.....
no..he should have like 2years more...my dad is 79/19*** and he's still active till December 2018....the man will enjoy his captain for like two years...

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by tolulope2070: 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
vankaid:
Aboki or no aboki that one na una concern.
I just happy for the guy. Its just like hearing the news of a primary school headmaster being promoted to a secondary school principal.
For once guys, lets forget the process and be happy for the guy.
Even with all the corruption in Naija this is a rare occurence.
U AR funny
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by AcquireCofOLand(m): 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
This is good news and a wonderful reward for bravery in the Nigerian Army. Keep it up Soldeirs!
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
Paperwhite:
So is he the only one that made up the battalion or what is the justification for this accelerated promotion? No officers training @ the NDA? It can only be with an aboki you know.That is how they undeservely perpetuate themselves on the Nigerian nation.

What you are saying makes ZERO sense
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Ezi39: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2017
gidgiddy:

Its possible for an NCO to be promoted to the officer corps. Ironsi, Ademulegun and Philip Effiong were all NCO's before becoming officers. However, a lot of consideration has to go into it such as the age, intelligence and experience. An NCO has to pass officer exam, go for officer course and must be usually younger than 40.

This giy was just promoted and given a commission just like that.

I wonder if his name had been Emeka Chukwu, they would have rushed to promote him in the same way?
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by johnjay2012: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
intruxive:
Must igbos hate always? Can dey not just pretend to be reasonable a litle?
Gallantry is a valid reason for promoting an already experienced soldier, all other trainings will be given him gradually.
Thank God for people like him, BH would have captured nnewi by now and some ppl will be idps in cameroun tongue

Please reading through all the comments I see nowhere Igbo was referred to, what was referred to was southerner.. Please share comment. Thanks.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2017
Paperwhite:

With much due respect, you are a fool for this comment. Your tribe is not the only tribe in Nigeria. If you don't know about the military or military operations or guerrilla warfare, why don't keep your mouth shut. Must you bring your tribal bitterness & frustration on every issue?

At the theatre of war, for a man to have commanded sub unit & recommended for promotion to the rank of an officer suitable for that responsibility you are now complaining. How many officers & men have we lost till date? If he had died, would you have said he died because he is an Aboki?

While talking restructuring, try to be logical & reasonable.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by IndianRomeo: 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
Congratulations sir!!
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by godofuck231: 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
Bari22:
Useless Igbos got a reason to hate for the whole day

They hate everything including their existence.

Meanwhile i salute

No Nigerian army de door
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by obinoral1179(m): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
DONADAMS:
no..he should have like 2years more...my dad is 79/19*** and he's still active till December 2018....the man will enjoy his captain for like two years...
my dad was 1979 at the Nigeria Airforce and his mate are all retired.... How did NA calculate their sets cause for airforce I know it's yearly..... Except it's 1989... Which means he still had like 7 years more to go.....
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by sunvillequeen(f): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
Congrats to him. I'm sure he deserves what he got.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by jpphilips(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
Zoharariel:

More than half of all the Hausa/Fulanis in the Nigerian Army & other Civil Service were actually promoted & favoured above their counterparts based on the “quota-system”.

If you apply to the NDA and you do not have an Hausa/Fulani names, even if you excel in the exams, your chances of being enlisted is “zero”. I know this because I've lived in the north for more than 10 years.

This is Y Nigeria is fvcked.

So what are you still doing in Nigeria knowing it is fvcked? can't you see that you are the one with serious mental issues here, you know nigeria is fvcked yet you sat here like a pregnant demon disturbing our ears, if Nigeria is fvcked by your standard, by all means fvck the hell out of Nigeria, are you cursed?

2 Likes

Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by TheKingdom: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
See the Nigger army, only in existence to protect the resources for her majesty and her junior associates called FG of Nigeria. That is there only role
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Kalapizim(m): 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
Lord grant me protocol breaking favour. This is the hand of God here, the man from his look still can't believe its happening to him.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by Nnamdiojukwu: 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
AceRoyal:

What were u expecting before?
From quota system to accelerated promotion.
No southerner will ever be given such privilege!
Read before you comments, the news said "bravely" and not the other way round, and yes it can't be from their cos the are full of shit and cowardly.
Re: Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) by koboko69: 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
DONADAMS:

Yup.

Most of the clowns actually do not know there is something called executive commisioning, and it is availble from Rank of Sgt. Being a MWO, promoting him to captain is not out of place via the executive commisioning. Only that he will be retirer soon, but he will be paid the etittlements of a captain..which is good for him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Binta Masi Garba: "My Father Burnt My Property For Accepting Jesus" / A Review Of Tinubu Fountain Square - Photos / I Won't Campaign For Atiku, Others - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.