Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

The Foolery Of The Old, An Eye Opener To The Youths. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Foolery Of The Old, An Eye Opener To The Youths. (430 Views)

An Eye Witness Report of Lagos-Ibadan Railway, Fagba Axis - Photos / Buharists Hangout: The Foolery Of Fayose's Court Jester. / Why We Attacked Our Lawmakers In Funtua, Katsina - An Eye Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Foolery Of The Old, An Eye Opener To The Youths. by Kingv(m): 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
By Ubaka Chijioke

Some few years back when asked about his charity foundations in Africa, Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook had this to say:

"I know there are a lot of brains wasting in that continent because of lack of resources to harness them. I am the CEO of Facebook today because I grew up in the USA where the government provided access to electricity and Internet. I might not have been who I am if I was born an African".

Today ladies and gentlemen, I present you Mr Sebastian Kurz, a 31-year-old conservative, who is set to become the next chancellor of Austria and Europe's youngest leader. Beside him is his girlfriend Susanne.

Before Sunday's election, Sebastian was the country's foreign minister.

We haven't forgotten still the recent feat achieved by the 38 years old Emmanuel Macrom, when he emerged as the president of France.

Someone wrote this:

"A 31 years old man in Nigeria is probably in his parent's house, unemployed and broke, eating free food and maybe bothered or not.

This same 31 old Nigerian man is contended supporting Buhari on Facebook without seeing the nexus between the failed Buhari leadership in Abuja and his present unemployment predicament.

The worst and scariest phrase I always hear as a Nigerian youth is: "The government cannot provide jobs for you". If the government cannot offer me a job, what else did they do for me to prove my citizenship?

My parents paid my fees all through school till university.
My parents bought my text books and other study materials.
My parents financed my research project in school.
My parents have been paying my medical bills from infant till this age.
My Internet access, electricity bills, water bills and other bills are taken care of by my parents.
My parents aren't even on the government pay roll.

So, what dividend is an average Nigerian youth entitled to in the cause of his self development and empowerment?

I weep for my generation! Some of us are wasting away our youths forgetting that time waits for no one.

The condition in Nigeria is not helping matters at all, but then my generation too are not ready to push for change.

I ask myself and other young people reading this, what are you doing with your life?

Are you happy with the way Nigeria is at the moment?

What are you doing to push for change?"

I say no to recycling of leaders who see no potential in her youths. Join hands let us push together for the change. Don't settle for less when you're entitled to more.

https://www.toricity.com/general/foolery-old-eye-opener-youths/
Re: The Foolery Of The Old, An Eye Opener To The Youths. by addavez: 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
correct
Re: The Foolery Of The Old, An Eye Opener To The Youths. by andreweb(m): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
Mugabe will not kill person with laugh:Only God who appointed me will remove me.
Re: The Foolery Of The Old, An Eye Opener To The Youths. by ashjay001(m): 12:12am On Oct 20, 2017
Kingv, what d heck has pmb got to do with ur failure in life!

Altogether, he has bearly spent 4yrs in office, out of 103 years of nigeria's existence!?

Its a general failure of elders n youths!? The elders for not doing d right things n d youth for not questioning them!?

Inspite of d failure of d gej's govt, u still preferred it to pmb's?!

Gej stopped paying salaries, power became non existence, all capital projects where halted, states where all owing minimum of 3mnths salaries(no fed allocations), he was sharing dollars all over d country, n u, a supposedly enlightened youth is pining for that buffoon!

PMB has his shortcomings n hopefully, we get a credible candidate in 2019 to oust him from office, d same way he did to gej, but u cant take anything away from d commendable strides he took from removing our country from d brink!

We were actually going down, cos d last govt had run out of ideas n money to pull us up!?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!! Court Stops Banks From Operating Accounts Without BVN / Riddle Me This! / Mr Abdulrasheed Maina Is A Mayhem Left Behind By Jonathan - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.